Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pinball FX 2 "FREE" on XBLA!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 21:39 
Comfortably Dumb

Has anyone got that achievement on Wolverine for the Adamantium mission? I had a go at it last night and it's a pain in the arse. First, to trigger the game you've got to hit the left ramp four times, but not as part of a combo or it won't count. Then you fire it in to the Snikt lock thing to start the game. Once started, you've got to get both balls into both saucers (Quite why they're called saucers I don't know) at around the same time. Eventually I managed it, thinking that would be it, but one of the two balls starts to glow and you've got to hit that ball down the Weapon X thing on the left. Unfortunately I hit the shot just after losing the other ball so it didn't count.

Might give it another go in a min...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 21:50 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

devilsnowman wrote:
Has anyone got that achievement on Wolverine for the Adamantium mission? I had a go at it last night and it's a pain in the arse. First, to trigger the game you've got to hit the left ramp four times, but not as part of a combo or it won't count. Then you fire it in to the Snikt lock thing to start the game. Once started, you've got to get both balls into both saucers (Quite why they're called saucers I don't know) at around the same time. Eventually I managed it, thinking that would be it, but one of the two balls starts to glow and you've got to hit that ball down the Weapon X thing on the left. Unfortunately I hit the shot just after losing the other ball so it didn't count.

1) What are the saucers?
2) I got the glowy ball thing, but didn't have a clue what I had to do.

3) On spiderman, when you activate Mysterio's reverse flipper mode, what do you have to do? I hit the Goblin ramp, but then nothing.
4) Also on spiderman I had Mysterio, Goblin and the guy with the arms modes all ativated at the same time!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 21:59 
Comfortably Dumb

Bobbyaro wrote:
devilsnowman wrote:

1) What are the saucers?
2) I got the glowy ball thing, but didn't have a clue what I had to do.

The saucers are the Snikt lock and the lock just to the right of Sabretooth's circle thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 23:16 
It's all pish

devilsnowman wrote:

I've got that achievement, but I'd be a liar if I said I knew what I did to get it. I vaguely remember triggering the Adamantium bit and then it, erm, popped.
I call shenanigans, frankly.

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 23:19 
It's all pish

Bobbyaro wrote:
3) On spiderman, when you activate Mysterio's reverse flipper mode, what do you have to do? I hit the Goblin ramp, but then nothing.

I'm pretty certain you also have to get the ball into the house, and then possibly down the top left ramp using the top right flipper.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 0:13 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

just did the J Jonah Jameson mission! Ace!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 15:32 

I've had a proper go on all the Marvel tables now, and I like them all, but maybe Spiderman and Blade are my bestest favourites.

I shan't be troubling the high score tables on these, but I'm having great fun with them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 16:28 
Numbskull

Malc74 wrote:
That's a bit better. Topped my high scores on Wolverine (at fucking last!), Iron Man and Rocky and Bullwinkle. Finally got over the 2000 Superscore barrier that's been haunting me for ages.

I'm sure I'll later regret breathing life back into this thread, as no-one seems to be playing this any more, and also sure it's not good form to point out new high scores, but here I am doing it anyway.

Finally got over the 3000 Superscore barrier that's been haunting me for ages. Re-beat Trousers and Devilman on Wolverine and Blade, too. And that as a one and a half-armed gimp.

My book "How to Make and Keep Friends on Xbox Live" is out next Thursday

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 16:39 
Hibernating Druid

I thought about playing pinball last night but I'm too engrossed with Star Craft 2 at the moment.

You lot are pinball Raymans. Mental scores.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 16:43 
Numbskull

Zardoz wrote:
I thought about playing pinball last night but I'm too engrossed with Star Craft 2 at the moment.

You lot are pinball Raymans. Mental scores.

Nonsense, his chair didn't have flippers, unless you mean Rainman, whose chair definitely did

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 16:45 
Hibernating Druid

Gotta go to Game Mart, Gotta go to Game Mart, Gotta go to Game Mart, New tables.

I'm an excellent tilter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 16:48 
Numbskull

Zardoz wrote:
Gotta go to Game Mart, Gotta go to Game Mart, Gotta go to Game Mart, New tables.

I'm an excellent tilter.

What is Game Mart? And when you said new tables you didn't mean actual new tables did you? I have half a box of Kleenex wet at even the possibility of that being true.....I'm easily pleased, mind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 17:12 
Hibernating Druid

They were Rainman references thinly disguised.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 0:53 

Mars table is out.

Not even sure if I can be bothered. I really liked this game but those awful Marvel tables kind of killed it for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 0:58 
Hibernating Druid

Oooh might just be the push to get me back into it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 16:16 

I didn't ever really play the Marvel tables too much in the end, so not sure about any other new ones. Still if it's quite cheap then I'll probably succumb in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 18:13 
Hello Hello Hello

This game was always overrated.

I may have grumbled about it earlier in this very thread, a little bit. Not much like, I'm not one to grumble :metul:

Pinball game with BROKEN PHYSICS, oh yeah sign me up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 13:14 
Hibernating Druid

Bought the new Mars table. Seems alright so far.

Looking forward to the Snickers next.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 16:37 
It's all pish

Oh. They reset the Rocky and Bullwinkle scores and mucked with the scoring system so that, whereas R&B used to be a shit table you could get really high scores on, it's now just a shit table. Hmm.
And they should really take a look at Biolab as well, seeing as the top score is 114 billion and the number two score is, er, 8 billion.
To be honest, looking at the high scores, there are a few that are looking slightly odd/impossible. It wasn't like this the last time I played it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 17:22 
Numbskull

Malc74 wrote:
Oh. They reset the Rocky and Bullwinkle scores and mucked with the scoring system so that, whereas R&B used to be a shit table you could get really high scores on, it's now just a shit table. Hmm.
And they should really take a look at Biolab as well, seeing as the top score is 114 billion and the number two score is, er, 8 billion.
To be honest, looking at the high scores, there are a few that are looking slightly odd/impossible. It wasn't like this the last time I played it.

You're right in almost every aspect, the only wrong one being that you're still second, which is exactly like it was when you last played it :kiss:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:31 
It's all pish

MrC wrote:
Malc74 wrote:

You're right in almost every aspect, the only wrong one being that you're still second, which is exactly like it was when you last played it :kiss:

Isn't it about time you had another finger-breaking accident? :kiss: :kiss:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 19:19 
Kvnt

Fantastic Four table is out. I've only been playing it for about ten minutes, but it seems ace. 240 spacebucks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:21 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

4 more Marvel tables due later this year + 4 other tables

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=3357

Quote:
Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue
Here is the scoop on Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue

- Brand new four table pack releasing this winter for Pinball FX2
- The first table revealed is Ghost Rider
- We will release more information including the other three characters, pricing and exact release dates as we get closer to launch

P.S. there are other PFX2 releases coming before this pack releases including Ms. Splosion Man, Sorcerer's Lair, Paranormal and a brand new, unannounced, original design.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:04 
Time Out for Fun

I started playing this again and knocked MrC off 2 top spots. In your Face. Wish I had money to buy the other 7 tables I haven't got.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:05 
Hibernating Druid

I really fancy a go now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:49 
Numbskull

Runcle wrote:
I started playing this again and knocked MrC off 2 top spots. In your Face. Wish I had money to buy the other 7 tables I haven't got.

Git. Well done. So that high score on Speed Machine (I think it was that one) wasn't a fluke after all...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:55 
Time Out for Fun

MrC wrote:
Runcle wrote:

Git. Well done. So that high score on Speed Machine (I think it was that one) wasn't a fluke after all...

I've pretty much doubled your Bucaneer high score, I completed all the missions 3 times and had 6 extra balls.
I only just beat your Extreme score, I finally managed to beat all the competitions on that table and you only get a 1mil bonus for the last event.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 13:01 
It's all pish

Runcle wrote:

Of course, he'll now sit hunched in front of his TV for days, in a steadily accumulating pile of his own filth, until he's reclaimed those top spots. All the while he'll be babbling insanely about "bumpers", "rollovers" and "outlanes", causing his neighbours to erect an even bigger electric fence around his house while he screams forth torrents of abuse until finally, finally - he beats your score and sends you a great big sarky-headed message on Xbox Live to gloat about it. Not that I'm bitter against him and his stupidly talented, unbroken, pinball wizard fingers or anything. Git.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 13:04 
Hibernating Druid

Runcle wrote:
I've pretty much doubled your Bucaneer high score, I completed all the missions 3 times and had 6 extra balls.

8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 13:08 
Numbskull

Malc74 wrote:
Runcle wrote:

Of course, he'll now sit hunched in front of his TV for days, in a steadily accumulating pile of his own filth, until he's reclaimed those top spots. All the while he'll be babbling insanely about "bumpers", "rollovers" and "outlanes", causing his neighbours to erect an even bigger electric fence around his house while he screams forth torrents of abuse until finally, finally - he beats your score and sends you a great big sarky-headed message on Xbox Live to gloat about it. Not that I'm bitter against him and his stupidly talented, unbroken, pinball wizard fingers or anything. Git.

Blimey, that was spookily accurate - I didn't realise we'd met. Besides, nothing wrong with going for bronze Malc :kiss: Also, buy the new tables, you tightwad.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 13:34 
It's all pish

MrC wrote:
Malc74 wrote:
Runcle wrote:

Blimey, that was spookily accurate - I didn't realise we'd met. Besides, nothing wrong with going for bronze Malc :kiss: Also, buy the new tables, you tightwad.

Ugh, there are more new tables to be humiliated on? Shows the last time I switched on the Xbox. I'll probably buy them tonight then.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 21:30 
Time Out for Fun

Zardoz wrote:
Runcle wrote:

8)

Aye, 61st in the world on that table.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 22:40 
Time Out for Fun

Demolished the Pasha Leaderboard.

I'm running out of tables I'm good at though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 23:19 
It's all pish

Runcle wrote:
Demolished the Pasha Leaderboard.

I'm running out of tables I'm good at though.

Look, it's bad enough dealing with MrC and Trousers without you showing off as well!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 23:51 
Time Out for Fun

Ha Street Fighter 2 now, I'm coming after your superscore malc. I think I'll have to buy the other tables though to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 18:52 
Time Out for Fun

I have now invaded the top of the Earth Defense table.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:46 
Numbskull

BBC News, South Shields: In another of the the more minor episodes of the continuing rioting in the UK, two hooded men are reported to have broken into the home of a local resident and assaulted the occupant, who is currently recovering in hospital with multiple fractures to the index fingers on both hands. No damage to property was reported, except for a small fire set in the garden. Melted plastic and metal remains together with rude graffiti daubed on the walls hint at a strange ritual burning of some kind of videogame console.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:56 
Time Out for Fun

I'd like to think the graffiti was just 'Tilt!' hundreds of times.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 23:18 
Time Out for Fun

Infiltrated the top of the agents leaderboard now, top of 7 of the 13 tables I've got.

Nightmare mansion or Excalibur next I think, Rocky and Bullwinkle can fuck right off though, broken mess of a table that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 13:38 
Time Out for Fun

It's going to take some serious discipline, patience and skill to beat the high scores on both Secrets of the Deep and Nightmare Mansion. Finally starting to get Secrets of the deep but I'm still less than half of MrC's score but Nightmare Mansion seems a bit more manageable yet despite progress I'm still 50 mil away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 21:49 
UltraMod

Decided to play the first Pinball FX game last night for some reason. Smashed my Speed Machine score on my fourth attempt. Up from 93m to 116m. Still only just in the top 1/3rd on my friends leaderboard though!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 17:56 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

Sorry Zardoz, I have some bad news about your new high score on Mars :DD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 17:58 
Hibernating Druid

I had a feeling it wouldn't last.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 19:32 

I was drawn back to this earlier since I received a message about one of my scores being beaten. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 19:38 
Hibernating Druid

:)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 19:41 
Slightly Brackish

Why can't you people get all competitive and leaderboardy about games I have?!? :'(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:09 
EvilTrousers

The messages you get from other folk are a brilliant way of getting you back into the game. I've had a few taunting messages recently which has enticed me back in and it's subsequently been all I've played over the weekend so far.

I've now bought all the tables and only know about 20% of them properly - quite possibly my best value 360 game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:56 

I'm nowhere near troubling the highest scores of many of you, but agree how it can get you back into it.

It's a great game, and I know I'll keep buying the new tables as and when they come along.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 14:02 
Kvnt

The Ms. Splosion Man table is probably the best one we've had in a good while. Knocks Mars into a cocked hat.

Ed: it's also the first and only table on which I've broken 200mil. That's actually a bummer, considering I've only had it five minutes and have spent quite a lot of time on the others. :p

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:12 

Downloaded the latest table for this yesterday, though not tried it yet.

EDIT: Just read the above post, and seems that table isn't brand new like I thought!

Reply to topic  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next