Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hiya groovy guys, I'm a n00b
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:47 
EvilTrousers

richardgaywood wrote:
Trousers wrote:
Hey this is great but GET SOME FUCKING PERSPECTIVE everyone getting bent out of shape about a forum.
Umm, I don't anyone in this thread is bent out of shape at all, I think it's all pisstaking. Except CUS, who seems to have gone off on one a bit, unless I have misread it.

This is what comes of skimming through a thread while doing other things. Sometimes you can't catch the tone of it fully.

Having said that everyone should still read that story - was on The Today programme yesterday and I was pretty much choked by the whole thing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:50 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

BEEX fanboy wrote:
Grim... wrote:
No, you're SUC (or you've broken into his house and are using his computer). Do keep up :)

I SO AIN'T SUC! I am not him that person was so square!

Ah, you're just using the same proxy site. That's enough for me to get the hammer out, I think. Thanks for the entertainment, and all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:51 
UltraMod

I can't believe you banned someone without at least three rounds of voting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:53 
lazy eye patch

Curiosity wrote:
Apart from the lurker who has said hello, this thread is a car crash.

This is how I read it:

Troll arrives
Regulars deflect troll with witty banter
A couple of Modz start moping about something that I missed
A couple of Modz blame it on me because they have an agenda, which is part of why I left before.
I angrily point out that it's a shame that certain people can be neither gentlemen or effective modders.
Nobody bothers to say "sorry" or "oh, okay" or even so much as givem the benefit of the doubt, because I am the famous forum-stealing CUS, infamous CUNT of the year of Ramraider, and everything else.

I've come back after a lot of personal trauma, just trying to make nice and hopefully bury the hatchet, but some stupid, childish, whining, pathetic, babyish, molly-coddled, infantile wankers, can't let that happen, because I'm not on their bestest everest friends list.

And then everyone else arrives and goes WTf?!?!!?

Usually in the past, this was on a thread that I had started, usually trying to politely infer stuff. Without, for example, just saying <X> has made me angry, because that would be entirely classless, and also breaking secrecy and stuff, and as I hope some have noticed I do get really fucking pissy with people e.g. quooting PMs.

And so, as a consequence, at this point, the - everyone else arrives and goes WTF?!?!? stage - this is usually where I get blamed, people call me a cunt and laugh about any misfortune or non-'normal' facet of me, people call me cryptic a few times, the thread gets locked, I get temp-banned.

Fine. Do whatever you want, I'm off today sick anyway, so I'm going to quietly go and play Mercenaries or something and let you decide who I supposedly said what to, and I'll come back and admit to whatever you've decided I've done now. I just don't care anymore. Okay? Good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:53 
Excellent Member

myoptika wrote:

Calme, tu perdant.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:54 

myoptika wrote:
WHOH WHOH WHOH. Slow down there, Banny McMod. We first of all need to have a premeeting to decide the agenda of the meeting where we will discuss the colour of the cover of the book our banning procedures are printed in.

WE'LL KEEP IT GREY.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:55 
Can you dig it?

Sheepeh wrote:
Tmuk wrote:
As usual I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

You're not alone.

I'm not really too sure, either. Some of the accounts created for a one off or brief bit of joking (Rockers, God, Derren Brown, Jesus in no particular order) were quite funny though. Signing up with a different name just to be nasty to someone is pretty out of order though.

Speaking of user names - what are the greyed out user names like STASI, NKVS, and recently Columbo and Morse... ? Some sort of illuminati trick to make us believe NO THEY'RE NOT REAL but that's what they want us to believe but they are hiding THE TRUTH....... *runs* :'(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:55 

*Looks at ticket, then screws it up in a ball*

Who had wednesday? :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:56 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

I would definitely watch a "Furious Detective" TV series. Crimes solved through a combination of painstaking police work, the brilliant insight into the criminal mind of our hero, and some good old fashioned bludgeoning.

Poirot : ...and So, Professor Smythe, I say that it was you who poisoned your wife, in order to claim her life insurance and pay off your debts!
Professor Smyth: Nonsense my dear Poirot I had... Poirot, but down that poker.. Poirot .. OH DEAR GOD MY FACE AHH JESUS!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:57 
INFINITE POWAH

Joans wrote:
*Looks at ticket, then screws it up in a ball*

Who had wednesday? :)

Hahahaha! +75% additional funny.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:57 

Sir Taxalot wrote:
Some of the accounts created for a one off or brief bit of joking (Rockers, God, Derren Brown, Jesus in no particular order) were quite funny though.
The Derren Brown account was used to particularly awesome effect. Hat tip to whoever that was.

Quote:
Speaking of user names - what are the greyed out user names like STASI, NKVS, and recently Columbo and Morse... ? Some sort of illuminati trick to make us believe NO THEY'RE NOT REAL but that's what they want us to believe but they are hiding THE TRUTH....... *runs* :'(
Boringly, they are bots, like the Google search engine crawler, renamed for COMEDY.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:58 

Sir Taxalot wrote:
Sheepeh wrote:
Tmuk wrote:
As usual I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

You're not alone.

I'm not really too sure, either. Some of the accounts created for a one off or brief bit of joking (Rockers, God, Derren Brown, Jesus in no particular order) were quite funny though. Signing up with a different name just to be nasty to someone is pretty out of order though.

Crawler bots from search engine that we (and by that I mean someone else) has amusingly renamed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:59 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

CUS wrote:
Whole bunch of lies

I think it's in the best interests of everyone on the forum to know that CUS was (with 99% certainty) Fryish, the guy who not-so-subtley accused Myoptika of beating up or otherwise harming his ex-girlfriend last week.
I'm not having someone spouting bullshit to make the moderators look bad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:00 
lazy eye patch

For what? Making me fucking regret that I'd returned? Yes, please, do laugh at me. Why not send me hate mail too? Or more empty text messages in the middle of the night? Please, do, continue to make me physically ill in teh way in which people on this forum have delighted in doing. Do, and decide what THING I NEVER DID you are going to assume I did now. Perhaps I told a bereaved child that they should stop being a big baby and grow up and stop being so pathetic about their parent dying, or some other thing that I never did but have received hate and abuse for. Seriously, go hog wild. Continue to laugh about me and make me unwell.

I apologize for being so naive as to think that I was being extended the hand of decency and if not friendship then at least friendliness. What a fool I was. I'm crushed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:01 

I'm not laughing at you CUS, and if Grim... is wrong I'm sure he will apologise. Straight answer, yes or no. Were you posting as the fryish account when that account accused myoptika of wifebeating?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:02 
Can you dig it?

That's fairly amusing, and one mystery solved. Hurrah for team BETEO.

edit: the search-bot-spider renaming. As for this other stuff, I think i'll back away now and go read about cars or something. Shame that trouble seems to follow CUS - I enjoyed reading some of his posts.

Anyways, love and huggles you CUNTS

:hat:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:03 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

CUS wrote:
For what? Making me fucking regret that I'd returned? Yes, please, do laugh at me. Why not send me hate mail too? Or more empty text messages in the middle of the night? Please, do, continue to make me physically ill in teh way in which people on this forum have delighted in doing. Do, and decide what THING I NEVER DID you are going to assume I did now. Perhaps I told a bereaved child that they should stop being a big baby and grow up and stop being so pathetic about their parent dying, or some other thing that I never did but have received hate and abuse for. Seriously, go hog wild. Continue to laugh about me and make me unwell.

Man, I'm sympathetic about all that, really, but don't come here and lie in my face. The weird thing is, you already knew that I knew.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:03 
Paws for thought

CUS wrote:

I apologize for being so naive as to think that I was being extended the hand of decency and if not friendship then at least friendliness. What a fool I was. I'm crushed.

I would suggest you leave then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:04 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Sir Taxalot wrote:
Shame that trouble seems to follow CUS - I enjoyed reading some of his posts.

He's not being banned for any of the above, or anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:05 
lazy eye patch

No.

I have however heard of that, and because I'm so fucking angry - I have heard that. However. The source I heard it from is dubious, and given that Myoptika and I are not super-close, I even wondered if I was being 'fed information' so I could fall on my face. Because I'm pretty paranoid.

When I have had something to say, I have said in a PM, or I have alluded to it, as in for example, my post above. Because I don't for example, drag people's peronsal lives into the muck for my own amusement, or get all my mates to start a hate campaign on someone because of something they SUPPOSEDLY (but NEVER!) did. And I don't troll.

I am seriously fucking... I am properly fucking upset.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:06 
Legendary Boogeyman

Dude, calm down, seriously. Once again you're believing everyone is somehow against you in some manner. Be assured I give you no more regard than anyone else and if I'm going to cast some aspersion I'll do it directly with a lot of profanity.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:07 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I'd like it if we could leave this one here. Beexers can draw their own conclusions.
The thread will remain open for now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:09 
lazy eye patch

Grim... wrote:
Man, I'm sympathetic about all that, really, but don't come here and lie in my face. The weird thing is, you already knew that I knew.

No. You accused me the other week. I told you then, this isn't the first time that your goon squad has accused me of being some other user, whilst I was able to log onto the site, referring to GOD. I didn't say "No, I absolutely definitely am not they" because frankly, I don't like Myoptika, and I've heard the same rumour, and felt that if someone ELSE wanted to say some shit - possibly true, possibly not, but either way nowt to do with me - then they should get away with it.

Things I have instead done recently:
noticed that another forumite, who has had worrying search terms before on the site that suggest a stalker, had posted osmehting containing his real name, and sent a message through to say "I'd rethink that".

Things I've not done recently:
had a personal hate campaign against anyone on this forum. Unlike apparently, some of you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:09 
lazy eye patch

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Dude, calm down, seriously. Once again you're believing everyone is somehow against you in some manner.

Oh for fuck's sake. Am only I seeing certain posts here, or something?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:12 

Grim... wrote:
Beexers can draw their own conclusions.

Ok then. Fuck knows what the hell is meant to be going on here :S :S :S :S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:12 
lazy eye patch

After reading the BBC thread, I noticed that myoptika was getting married, which I think is lovely, because that sort of thing is making me all soppy and over-emotional lately.

I sent him a mail , saying "I know we're not best of buds, so if that meet is "for you" then I understand, if you'd rather I not turn up. But, congrats on the marriage, and if your perspective is "I don't care, turn up, don't, it's all teh same to me", then cool, and I'd like to buy you a few drinks, and hopefully bury the hatchet"

I'm not so cunting two faced as you lovely guys.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:15 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm off to a meeting now which might last a while. I worry what this thread might look like when I return.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:15 
Excellent Member

markg wrote:
Fuck knows what the hell is meant to be going on here :S :S :S :S

Time of the month, clearly.

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:16 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I'm off to a meeting now which might last a while. I worry what this thread might look like when I return.

Locked, probably.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:17 
lazy eye patch

Yeah, just another thread where I get a load of abuse without justification from a bunch of hateful cunts, and then it gets locked and I get banned. Seriously, what part of "I just want to talk about game,s I've had a fucking awful year and I've almost totally lost it" don't you get? Do you think I'm just playing some fun game here or something?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:19 
Isn't that lovely?

I count myself as I fairly regular user of this forum. I have no idea what this fryish thing is, and in this thread the only thing I saw alluding to cus was zardoz saying "oh it wasn't you" then cus appearing to think all the mods were out to get him, and then this thing about fryish, and I really don't know what's going on.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:19 

CUS wrote:
noticed that another forumite, who has had worrying search terms before on the site that suggest a stalker, had posted osmehting containing his real name, and sent a message through to say "I'd rethink that".
I can vouch for this -- CUS sent me some very pertinent and resonable emails, with a warning I passed on to the forumite concerned.

Frankly CUS I am confused. Your apologies and heartfelt reaching out to us, both in the forum and in your emails, seem totally sincere to me and your posting since then has been back to your usual excellent self ("A-M-B-U-L-E-N-C-E" was genius!). But I am extremely worried about this fryish thing. You insist you were not using that account but I've seen Grim...'s evidence and it looks compelling to me. I'm really sorry mate but you can't beg to come back with one hand whilst calling a member of our community a wifebeater from a sock puppet account. The world doesn't work that way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:20 
EvilTrousers

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I'm off to a meeting now which might last a while.

That I doubt;

"I disagree with your method of approaching this problem"
"Err.. chainsaw?"
"I agree with your method of approaching this problem"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:21 
Sleepyhead

CUS wrote:
Yeah, just another thread where I get a load of abuse without justification from a bunch of hateful cunts, and then it gets locked and I get banned. Seriously, what part of "I just want to talk about game,s I've had a fucking awful year and I've almost totally lost it" don't you get? Do you think I'm just playing some fun game here or something?

Then just talk about games instead of reacting massively and calling loads of people tons of offensive names and going off on massive rants as soon as one of them makes a potentially acerbic one-liner in your direction that pretty much everyone would have ignored anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:21 

CUS wrote:
After reading the BBC thread, I noticed that myoptika was getting married, which I think is lovely, because that sort of thing is making me all soppy and over-emotional lately.

I sent him a mail , saying "I know we're not best of buds, so if that meet is "for you" then I understand, if you'd rather I not turn up. But, congrats on the marriage, and if your perspective is "I don't care, turn up, don't, it's all teh same to me", then cool, and I'd like to buy you a few drinks, and hopefully bury the hatchet"

I'm not so cunting two faced as you lovely guys.

Ok, somewhere I can actually help

The BBC thing was not "For Myop".

I was considering trying to organise one so I had an excuse to take Jamesoff (who you may not know is an old IRL friend of mine) there.

Some of us were present at Grim...'s 30th party over the weekend. Someone else, might have been Curiosity mentioned we should do shunt again and I took the chance to agree and we tentatively arranged the 20th Nov because James could get time off with that kind of notice (he lives in Exeter currently).

When we posted the thread that the few of us were going, Someone pointed out Myop was in town anyway a week earlier and thus maybe we could move it to accommodate him if possible. No-one who had them expressed interest had a problem. We moved it.

I didn't even know Myop was down for wedding business. The timing of said meet was my fault and as I've said repeatedly it's merely "some of the londoners are going for a beer. If anyone else wants a drink this is where and when we'll be" :)

I've no idea if posts are being missed by people because I'm completely fucking lost but it's certainly not BBC related here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:23 
UltraMod

CUS wrote:
frankly, I don't like Myoptika

This is the one and last time I address you directly. Why did you send me a friend's request over Live last night? At least I stand by the courage of my convictions by ignoring you. If you're this two-faced, I can easily believe you were Fryish.

And unless Dimrill fabricates the emails you send to him, you're a liar.

baron of techno

Is this like one of those multiple choice personality things?

He said. In a "hopefully keeping it light" tone.

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
I count myself as I fairly regular user of this forum. I have no idea what this fryish thing is, and in this thread the only thing I saw alluding to cus was zardoz saying "oh it wasn't you" then cus appearing to think all the mods were out to get him, and then this thing about fryish, and I really don't know what's going on.
The fryish account made some posts accusing myoptika of beating his ex-girlfriend. At first it was quite explicit, then later the post was edited to be more oblique.

viewtopic.php?p=111685#p111685
viewtopic.php?p=110769#p110769

That second link used to say something along the lines of "myoptika's ex-girlfriend certainly found that out" but has been edited. You can see Mr Chris responding to the edit below.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:24 
Paws for thought

CUS wrote:

So if we're a bunch of hateful cunts, then why are you even here? If there's a bunch of people I don't like, I don't go to a forum populated by them and try to talk. It's not like there's any lack of games related forums to pick from to talk about games. This place doesn't appear to be doing you any favours as concerns your health, and so I really don't know why you're here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:27 
lazy eye patch

I have repeatedly told you my truth. I really, really thought that the past was being put behind us. Fuck, last night I was even able to play a few rounds of COD5 with Myoptika.

I don't care. Right? I've said why I wanted to come back here. That hasn't changed at all. I've also told you truthfully that I'm not Fryish. It's really not the first time that I've had this kind of accusation here (or in email), so I'm pretty fucking upset.

Myoptika, I have heard a disturbing rumour or two about you. I also don't know you.

I can't explain why you think Fryish is the same person as me, but I wish I could, and it wasn't/.isn't. I don't care. If you want to ban me (except you won't so, I dunno, if you want to just continue on being a hideous fucking cunt to me) then do it. I like people on this forum and I really had thought that things were getting closer to "square".

I'm aware that some of the modz don't like me. I also think I know why in one particular instance - not even to do with this, and I also know that it's a load of absolute fucking bollocks, but also a matter where you would happily take the word of someone over me. I'm happy about that, and have done nothing about that, because frankly, I know the importance of true friends, and I personally am glad that certain people have got mates who WOULD be all 'GRRRR!' at others, on their behalf. It doesn't make things any more true, but I am glad about that.

Anything else, I don't know about, I just don't kow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:30 
Not to be confused with elbow

Now, I know I'm jumping in and everything here and I probably shouldn't because this was all pre-me but:

Surely if Myoptika is able to leave this is the dust then so is everyone else? After all if he was accused of doing something like beating someone (which I have no idea who did it or why for that matter)

So can everyone just stop bitching at each other? It's a bloody forum, it's not like we borrow sugar off each other and have to interact on a day-to-day face-to-face basis is it? It's horrible that some nasty cunt has said that aout Myp and people shouldn't spread rumours as it's pathetic, petty and hurtful.

I'm not saying anything is anyone's fault by all means, I'm just saying that bringing it up all the time is no good is it? If Myp and CUS want to sort it out then PM's are there aren't they? If there is a big issue then it needs to be sorted out by the people directly related to it, not everyone else poking their oar in

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:30 
Chinny chin chin

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
Why do I have to be the crocodile?

:(

Malc

Because Redford isn't in shot. Although he's just as camp.

Why does Grotbags live with a camp robot and a camp crocodile anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:31 
lazy eye patch

myoptika wrote:
Why did you send me a friend's request over Live last night?

Because I a) was trying to get the bulk adder to work, and b) because I thought you were stopping being such a cunt.

Quote:
At least I stand by the courage of my convictions by ignoring you. If you're this two-faced, I can easily believe you were Fryish.

What do you mean, "this two-faced"? Because I sent you a fucking friend invite?

Quote:
And unless Dimrill fabricates the emails you send to him, you're a liar.

This would be an example of me alluding but not for example, messily spilling private mail everywhere.

Dimrill thinks I said something. I have not. I've actually gone and searched through my mail, in case I had... done itwhilst out of my face, and hadn't remembered. If you would FORWARD me that mail, I'd love to see it myself.

Dimrill is a good guy, and I wish him absolutely no ill - edit: admittedly, recently I sent him a very angry, unhappy email which I have since deeply regretted the very last line of, basically because he's done me no favours and takes everything I say as some attack, frankly - but he does have an amazing ability to take 2 +2 and make 5.

Mr Dave wrote:
So if we're a bunch of hateful cunts, then why are you even here?

Because you're not all hateful cunts, merely the few of that are, by your hateful cuntiness towards me. Also because... I needed to have *somewhere* to just chat, and am very fond of a few people on here.

Quote:
This place doesn't appear to be doing you any favours as concerns your health, and so I really don't know why you're here.

I am wondering that too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:31 
Chinny chin chin

Mr Chris wrote:
Or to manipulate votes in the mod elections... I knew there was no way that myoptika had received any real votes!

I refrained from using Noseybonk for ill ends, not least because IP LOGS (yes, the mods know who all the alternative accounts are owned by) would show me to be a gerrymandering Freemason and I would be duly EXPOSED as the DEMOCRACY KILLING ELITEST that I really am.[/quote]

Noseybonk should be able to vote. But he should be able to eat the faces of the five people with the least votes. This would keep things interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:32 

Shin wrote:

So can everyone just stop bitching at each other? It's a bloody forum, it's not like we borrow sugar off each other and have to interact on a day-to-day face-to-face basis is it? It's horrible that some nasty cunt has said that aout Myp and people shouldn't spread rumours as it's pathetic, petty and hurtful.

* Looks at sugarless tea *

Well, this is going to be awkward.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:33 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

May we see this evidence please Grimothy? There's no reason it should be kept private, is there?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:33 
Soopah red DS

CUS, man, don't lose sight of the fact that most people here don't know you (I've not run the numbers or owt, but I'm just basing that on the idea that there must be a majority who haven't met up), and there's no cabal here. I was lucky enough to meet you in the Barrowboy - I'm not Malc's brother, but was sat opposite him, at the "tiny beardless" end of the table - and very nice it was too. That's it - anything else that I might seem to say or comment on is not based on 'you' but only on whatever x post might be about.

So when you make an excellent pun, I might try to respond. But there's little or no history in there - it's a conversation, worry not.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:34 
Chinny chin chin

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:

Malc

Ditto. I really have no fucking idea what is going on.

I take it our new poster isn't real then?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:34 
Isn't that lovely?

JBR wrote:
CUS, man, don't lose sight of the fact that most people here don't know you (I've not run the numbers or owt, but I'm just basing that on the idea that there must be a majority who haven't met up), and there's no cabal here. I was lucky enough to meet you in the Barrowboy - I'm not Malc's brother, but was sat opposite him, at the "tiny beardless" end of the table - and very nice it was too. That's it - anything else that I might seem to say or comment on is not based on 'you' but only on whatever x post might be about.

So when you make an excellent pun, I might try to respond. But there's little or no history in there - it's a conversation, worry not.

But you don't exist. When I took a photo of you, there was just an empty chair.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:35 

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
But you don't exist. When I took a photo of you, there was just an empty chair.
Shit. Maybe we all died in that bus crash!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next