Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Animal Crossing Switch
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:36 

Sweet! I invited Rover and he turned up with Tom Nook.

Im loving the DLC. I could do that forever.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 14:01 
Participant in dramatic games

Yes. Probably will buy some extra cards. Did buy 1 series 5. But they had a lot more text than i thought. My daughter is now so far on the dlc that she can invite amiibos to design for too. (But not yet ‘vips’)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 15:38 

Can Lois design for VIPs yet, Rik? I have the Amiibo machine, but I can only invite standard Amiibo so far. I’m itching to make a house for Blathers!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 16:08 
Excellent Member

Very sweet to see Daisy relax at Brewster's after a hard mornings turnip trading. Trying to have a real life coffee when I hit Brewster's cafe, because I'm like that.

The orchard is complete! Thanks Meems! Apples, peaches, oranges, cherries and bears - I mean pears - oh my! There's a nice little fruit market in place too. Yesterday I spent two hours repathing and then adding curbstones to all my paths. Finally completed my four-way bridge island hub too, and I love it. Remodelling the entrance too, and then I've got the fairground and restaurant to create before I can happily turn to Happy Home Designer. Phew.

Added Cyruse and Reese to Harv's Island, and have stumped up the brass for Leif. Also started my gyroid collection. Lots to do! Lots to do!

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 17:00 

Cyrus & Reese, and Leif, were the ones I went for, too. Leif has had tomatoes for sale the last two days, so I don’t know if those get changed periodically. I’ve not actually planted veg yet, but again, there’s no rush.

Your changes sound lovely, Pete. When you’re happy with the way you have things, please pop a dream code over x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:25 

Ah mimi, if you can send some tomatoes over would be nice, thanx..

Can i invite you guys, with a lantern, to my island on thursday.. we'll do a traditional St. Maarten celebration... and then drink a coffee together in the roost, my treat!

(thursday 11th at 8pm UK, 9pm CET?)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 13:39 
Excellent Member

@mimi I watched the Nintendo thing on the Discord with a load of members and they showed the Froggy chair, and you could tell the ppl who played AC before from the new players by the delighted squealing over the froggy chair :D Discord members have all been collecting and sharing new items and I got lucky with the chair so I've been sending one to everyone :luv:
I can also send a lilypad table if you like

so yeah, anyone wants a Froggy chair just let me know!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 16:15 
sneering elitist

I'll take a froggy chair please!! :)

Just been trying to catch a blue marlin again. 50 or so bait used today and 15 yesterday and still not one. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 22:22 

The dlc is so lovely

Btw have tomatoes now.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 22:56 

Sorry Rick, I didn’t see that earlier! I have carrots now if they are any good for you?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 23:05 

miki wrote:
@mimi I watched the Nintendo thing on the Discord with a load of members and they showed the Froggy chair, and you could tell the ppl who played AC before from the new players by the delighted squealing over the froggy chair :D Discord members have all been collecting and sharing new items and I got lucky with the chair so I've been sending one to everyone :luv:
I can also send a lilypad table if you like

so yeah, anyone wants a Froggy chair just let me know!

It’s absolutely wonderful. I’m so glad they added it in. There seems to be some nice new furniture. I’ve not had any ceiling items in the shop yet, but they look nice. It’s a shame they didn’t do a shop upgrade.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:20 

@mimi no worries.. some carrots would be nice (9 seedlings for me and 9 for my daughter if i can be so frank;))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:22 

btw.. The RA numbers in the first post might be an idea so we can follow eachothers on the happy home network.. for mine see the picture, or the link in this tweet

RA3304 2760 6320

https://twitter.com/RomanistaSwitch/sta ... 6875899914

(works on the phone if you 've installed the nintendoswitch app)

no takers for thursday evening?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 13:15 
sneering elitist

Took another 30 or so bait this morning but I finally caught the blue marlin. It triggered a recipe, in case anyone is trying to get them all...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 14:52 

romanista wrote:
btw.. The RA numbers in the first post might be an idea so we can follow eachothers on the happy home network.. for mine see the picture, or the link in this tweet

RA3304 2760 6320

https://twitter.com/RomanistaSwitch/sta ... 6875899914

(works on the phone if you 've installed the nintendoswitch app)

no takers for thursday evening?

Sorry, Rick! I hope to be there but I have a ‘thing’ tomorrow and I can’t commit until I know how that goes, to see how I’m feeling. If you hold it and all goes on I’d love to pop by.

I haven’t seen the RA codes. Will check them out once I work out how they work, and will add them above.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 15:04 

I can’t find anything on the Internet about RA codes.

Can somebody please explain what they are, how are use them, and how we find them?

I might not have opened that functionality yet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 22:54 
Excellent Member

I havent touched HHP yet, as Im enjoying the general update

I sent the chair to Jem and sent both of you the lilypad table that I think is perfect with it while having no clue if they belong together :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 23:50 

Thank you Miki! I got it this evening. I haven’t laced it yet as I was just popping on to transfer Darwin some gyroids.

Potentially unpopular opinion, but I hate the gyroids and always have. Noisy annoying things.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:53 
Excellent Member

awww ACNH is my first ac game so I didn't know anything about gyroids and so I didn't really care, but I love them! Although I play with sound off, that might help :DD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:34 
sneering elitist

Thanks for the table and chair miki! :luv:

I've never seen the point of the gyroids previously but some of them are quite cute in acnh :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:46 
Excellent Member

First proper Animal Crossing experience for me too, this. I like the gyroids! I think they come along a bit too thick and fast, would have appreciated them being trickier to get - maybe with a secret crafting recipe for each utilising the gyroid fragment, a coconut and a bowl of ramen for example. I have five already. Bit worried as eventually the island may become standing room only for gyroids - WHICH IS MAYBE WHAT THEY WANT. I've seen Trouble with Tribbles. Yus.

I've now bought Happy Homes, which I look forward to ignoring for the next week or so as I obsessively tweak my island.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:49 

Never cared about them G. either.. collecting them now in the hope that brewster will ask for them or something..
they do look far cuter now though, maybe i'll find a nice spot...

@mimi RA codes are when you play the DLC you can follow each others creations, a little frtiendly social media (nor likes or anything) within the dlc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:52 

Where do you find your RA code? I can’t find mine.

Just built a cute cafe for Paradise Planning :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:02 

romanista wrote:
Ah mimi, if you can send some tomatoes over would be nice, thanx..

Can i invite you guys, with a lantern, to my island on thursday.. we'll do a traditional St. Maarten celebration... and then drink a coffee together in the roost, my treat!

(thursday 11th at 8pm UK, 9pm CET?)

Thanks for the inivte. Afraid I can't make it this evening but I'll be sure to pop round for coffee sometime soon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 13:48 
Excellent Member

nice idea @romanista, but I can't make it either unfortunately, it's a little hectic here at the moment :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 14:22 
Excellent Member

Awlright! Aside from the dockside fish market, tiny funfair and moar flowers, my Haven island is now practically ready for slumbering dreamers. Come and see my pedantically realised village island life! Come dine in a fabulous restaurant, shope in the farmer's market or relax in the zen stone garden! Or why not enjoy a lakeside walk, or saw away at a fine mellow cello in the woodland retreat? Lots to see, lots to see, so roll up, roll up one and all!

Visit here and let me know what you think: DA-4536-1978-8670

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 14:49 

It’s really nice, Pete. I love the little touches and little themed nooks. One thing I really liked was the little stone rock pool/bathing area in the sea rocks on the west of the island.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 13:29 

Mimi wrote:
Can Lois design for VIPs yet, Rik? I have the Amiibo machine, but I can only invite standard Amiibo so far. I’m itching to make a house for Blathers!

i think that's unlocke dafter 19... don't have the blathers amiibo yet, but can make it now (have bought some of those stickers)... thinking about an observatory for celeste too <3

BTW Mimi, feeling a bit better? I hope so

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 15:37 

i did one for celeste now..

https://twitter.com/RomanistaSwitch/sta ... 5082467333

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 16:02 

So cute!!

I am feeling a lot better thank you, Rick. I was having a horrible time with some bad news and then around the same time as we had the bad news I went for my booster jab they told me that I wasn’t allowed a booster because I needed a third primary jab instead, and I had a panic attack because they left me alone In this huge white room for over 20 mi utes and I was just having a really rough time generally.

I’ve got my jab now, and got over the very mild side effects. I think I have done about 18 rooms so soon I will be able to make one for Blathers! I must get a few more stickers so I can try to make one for Wardell… if the game will allow that :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 23:02 
Excellent Member

Mimi wrote:
I must get a few more stickers so I can try to make one for Wardell… if the game will allow that :D

it will! I'm not at all that far yet, but I've seen pics
I :luv: wardell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:47 

I've begun a major remodelling. Moved the museum to its own hill, and relocated the shop to a temporary beachfront location whilst I think of a permanent setting for it. Also begun building cliffs and experimenting with heights more. With all the space I'm creating, I should have plenty of options for new areas.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 16:12 
Excellent Member

ooh big building action!
I had cleared a section and have put a little farm etc there, but I havent made big changes to my island
I've replaced a thing here and there with a new item
the colour changing services of Reese are really nice!

thursday is turkey day and friday starts snow season
for turkey day, there is last years infographic, so I'm diving and fishing to get ingredients ready, but no-one knows if the event will be the same this year with all our added cooking possibilities :)
does anyone need any maple, mush, acorn, pinecone materials or diys? I have plenty of materials and some diys so please let me know if you need anything!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 22:34 

Would be very dissapointed if there weten’t new recipes. I mean it was ‘t real cooking then.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 13:52 

I’m leaning quite heavily in this for MH support these past few months, and wondered if anyone else is still playing. I sometimes see Miki pop on but by the time ol’ clackerthumbs here has loaded the chat screen up to send a message you’ve popped off again.

I am getting a few new folks into Sheppey at the moment, so Squirrel Isle is slowly breaking up and we are embracing diversity. We have at least one cat and a moose, and a koala is going to move in, and there will be others soon, too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 14:22 

I'm still playing! Have been doing some redevelopment work, moved things around, and knocked other stuff down.

Felt sad when I took down the Christmas tree, but I now have a proper "seasonal" area which will be used throughout the year.

I'm still enjoying it as it's great to just escape there even for a few minutes each day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 14:42 
sneering elitist

I tend to play at the weekends (when the characters guilt me over not logging in all week) :) I've rejigged a couple of areas on my island to accomodate some of the newer items - bought a Yacht yesterday which I really like. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 14:57 

I bought a truck. It was crazy expensive but I love it because I’ve turned it into a delivery vehicle for The Roost.

I keep thinking I need to rejuvenate my island, but then I just like it as is. I like noodling around the place, doing nothing. I sometimes just listen to the background music in the coffee shop.

Nearly two years on and I’m still running short of bits of wood. No matter how many trees I hack at with my stone axe I seem to get 60% softwood, 38% hardwood and 2% wood, and campers are always asking for things made from plain wood. Does anyone have any tips on how to build up a decent wood reserve?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 15:54 
sneering elitist

I probably have quite a bit of plain wood; I'll check later and send you some some. I just fly out / get on the boat and chop down all the trees on the islands I land on quite regularly.

Talking of axes though... I still haven't received a gold axe thing and I've broken what feels like a billion axes (maybe exaggerating slightly) :S Does anyone know if there is anything else you need to do??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 19:34 

That would be very much appreciated Jem, thank you!

I’ve not got my golden axe yet either, but I mostly use snd break stone axes when chopping all of the trees in my island, and I don’t know if they go towards the axe breakage total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 19:35 

I’ve just completed the
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
hospital extension
on Paradise planning and I am super proud of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 22:48 
Excellent Member

hi hi, yes I do play! I've struggled so much with all types of health but I still love my little island
I haven't changed it hugely, but bits here and there and I've made a gyroid room recently, it needs more furniture but here is a little clippy
https://twitter.com/miki_cham/status/14 ... 0474468357

I got the Brewsteroid today :luv:

I will send some wood when I log on next, I usually demolish whatever Kappn islind Im on :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:33 
sneering elitist

Ohhh love what you'e done with your gyroids! I couldn't think what to do with them so have just been dotting them about my island in random places :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 14:33 
Excellent Member

I've also seen some people make like a gyroid village with the dollhouses and little bus boxes etc
totally adorable!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 14:51 

Thank you so much for the pieces of wood this morning Jem. They’re super appreciated and will really help with camper requests now I’m building my new townsfolk. Gala is next on my wanties list. She’s super cute.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 15:51 
Excellent Member

I have a new very colourful ostrich lady (Julia) and a new sweet lady chicken (Ava)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 16:11 

I’m writing my dream cast of characters on NFCs and just inviting them one by one (three times, until they stay) :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 19:26 
Excellent Member

new version, now with added furniture and Bubblegum
https://twitter.com/miki_cham/status/14 ... 9439003648

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:34 

Darwin has a gyroid room, too :D I donate all of my gyroids to him, though I’ll likely keep my Brewstoid when I get it.

Darwin asked if we could upgrade the Nintendo online to a family subscription, which we will. If there anybody about one day to visit him then I know he’s love that as he’s never had a visitor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:42 

Because people aren’t always playing so much, can folks drop their dream codes, designer codes and Paradise planning numbers into a post so that folks can still interact if we are offline?

Rick, your RA code is in the first post. What is that for?

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next