Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Resistance Mission 5
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 13:45 
Gogmagog

If we don't send a team out, then yes. However, we have until me (I think) to decide upon that team.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 13:50 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
So, hang on - if we vote no then the spies win?

5th proposal.

This is proposal number 1.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 13:52 
ugvm'er at heart...

MaliA wrote:
If we don't send a team out, then yes. However, we have until me (I think) to decide upon that team.

Correct, so if you all vote no and carry on voting no then Malia will end up being the 5th proposer and whatever he says you'll have to agree with!

If there was ever a more dire warning...

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 20:07 
Ready for action

Bobbyaro
Curiosity
SDG
Cras
Malia
Two of these people are spies. I'm not a spy. Remember I sent out the original mission of Curio, sdg, cras and malia. Why, if I were a spy, would I include another spy in my mission? Oh, unless Bobby and I were spies together I suppose. But that still doesn't make sense, why would I be a lone spy on my own mission TWICE and not sabotage it? The spies could have been a point ahead given there has clearly been someone playing silly buggars, instead they are level and it's going to sudden death. The spy in that original mission of Curio, sdg, cras and malia must be someone who either doesn't totally understand or get the game yet, or who hasn't been paying attention.
Also one of Slightly Green, Mr Russell or Kovacs is a spy. I have been working on the assumption it is Mr Russell because I can't think of any reason why a goody would lie about their vote before they discovered we'd all find out.
I don't know what that means for who should go on this mission though. I've only just got here since yesterday so I've got some reading to do.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:24 
ugvm'er at heart...

<cough>

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:38 
ugvm'er at heart...

I know it's a bit early, but lets get things moving again shall we. I don't think sdg can get to the forum in the day anyway, and she is the last to vote.

The people say no!

Bobbyaro no
Cras yes
Curiosity no
Grim... no
KovacsC yes
Malia no
Mr Russell no
Saturnalian no
sdg didn't vote
Slightly Green no

Over to you Curio. 5 man mission please.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 14:04 
Ready for action

Trooper wrote:
I know it's a bit early, but lets get things moving again shall we. I don't think sdg can get to the forum in the day anyway, and she is the last to vote.

Sorry, working and usually I'd access on my breaks on my phone but my phone broke on Thursday

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 14:07 
Ready for action

urgh was going to post more but just got called

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 14:22 
Ready for action

Cras wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:
Bugger :( so its a tie breaker

Well since I seem to have been blackballed then there is no point in me trying to help with team selection as whatever I say will be looked upon with suspicion. Hope we get a good team this time.

Yeah sorry, I was wrong about that. It was Bobby that organised and participated in a failed mission, not you. The mission you organised was a success.

I done some analysing!

Attachment:
resistance.PNG

So - I'm willing to place some faith in the idea that all the spies have so far been represented, either as organisers or as participants. So I'm going to include Saturnalian and Grim...

I know I'm not a spy, so I'm including me.

The other two need to come out of the list of users in white. Thoughts?

Why are Grim... and Saturnalian both green? I agree that the odds suggest one is good but i think Bobbys summary was better than yours-
Quote:
Day one:
Slightly Green
KovacsC
Mr Russell
Day four:
Bobbyaro
Curiosity
SDG
Cras
Malia

There are four spies so one of Grim... and Saturnalian is definitely not a spy - maybe both.

this makes sense because at least one spy is included in that first list and at least two spies are included in that second list. It could be only one spy on the first list and only one spy on the second list though, so potentially there is still another spy who hasn't been sent on a mission. One of Grim... and Saturnalian looks to be good but I don't think we should assume they both are.
You've also got some of your figures mixed up in that graph, you've got me down for participated in a failed mission (correct), participated in two successful missions (correct) and nothing else. I also organised a successful mission. We've had two successful missions so that means either Mr Russell or Slightly Green didn't organise a successful mission.

ugvm'er at heart...

No worries, your vote wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome anyway. Feel free to say what you would have voted though :D

Sleepyhead

Bit busy now, but I shall mull over our options and make a proposal tonight.

Interesting that everyone voted NO. Does this mean that the spies had to vote no as there were no spies within the group, or were they expecting an overall majority of no votes and trying to blend in with the main group?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 14:28 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Well I didn't bloody vote no. Dicks.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 14:37 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

You know how we talk about how we're going to vote?

We should stop doing that.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 14:38 
Ready for action

I hadn't decided how to vote, although based on just rereading day one I'd have voted no. On day one, the chosen people were Slightly Green, Mr Mr Russell and Kovacs. I had convinced myself Mr Russell was a baddy and that sort of blinded me to paying close attention to anything else on that day, but I am beginning to wonder if I was maybe a bit too harsh considering we all were a bit blundery on day one, and some of the other behaviour was a bit odd.
Consider-after getting selected for the mission, kovacs didn't post at all. Mr russell and slightly Green both posted in the thread they were voting support. although Slightly green mentioned in a comment saying he assumed we were waiting for the other two despite Mr Russell posting before him (although it might have been lost a bit in the conversation), so that suggests Slightly Green wasn't paying a lot of attention to what the others were saying. That makes it look like either there was only one spy, or if there were two spies Slightly Green wasn't one. Also, kovacs didnt post at all after being selected for the mission. That's a bit weird. So if there were two spies, maybe kovacs saw Mr Russell posting that he was supporting it and he decided to sabotage?
Also, when I asked kovacs directly why he voted to support a mission that looked dodgy, he didn't answer. I think kovacs is a spy who is just trying not to engage to much in debate to slip under the radar.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 16:20 
Sleepyhead

Grim... wrote:
You know how we talk about how we're going to vote?

We should stop doing that.

I agree, but the problem is that if nobody says to vote no, then everyone votes yes and the nasty spies win.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 16:25 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Equally though, the problem is that if a spy says vote no and everyone then just follows suit, we're just doing what a spy tells us to do.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 16:40 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

sdg wrote:
Cras wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:
Bugger :( so its a tie breaker

Well since I seem to have been blackballed then there is no point in me trying to help with team selection as whatever I say will be looked upon with suspicion. Hope we get a good team this time.

Yeah sorry, I was wrong about that. It was Bobby that organised and participated in a failed mission, not you. The mission you organised was a success.

I done some analysing!

Attachment:
resistance.PNG

So - I'm willing to place some faith in the idea that all the spies have so far been represented, either as organisers or as participants. So I'm going to include Saturnalian and Grim...

I know I'm not a spy, so I'm including me.

The other two need to come out of the list of users in white. Thoughts?

Why are Grim... and Saturnalian both green? I agree that the odds suggest one is good but i think Bobbys summary was better than yours-
Quote:
Day one:
Slightly Green
KovacsC
Mr Russell
Day four:
Bobbyaro
Curiosity
SDG
Cras
Malia

There are four spies so one of Grim... and Saturnalian is definitely not a spy - maybe both.

this makes sense because at least one spy is included in that first list and at least two spies are included in that second list. It could be only one spy on the first list and only one spy on the second list though, so potentially there is still another spy who hasn't been sent on a mission. One of Grim... and Saturnalian looks to be good but I don't think we should assume they both are.
You've also got some of your figures mixed up in that graph, you've got me down for participated in a failed mission (correct), participated in two successful missions (correct) and nothing else. I also organised a successful mission. We've had two successful missions so that means either Mr Russell or Slightly Green didn't organise a successful mission.

There were two no votes on mission four so there has to be two spies in the second list. There could be three and there could be two in the first list, but not one in the second, there must be at least two.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 16:45 

Three is the number thou shall First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 17:00 
Ready for action

Bobbyaro wrote:
sdg wrote:

There were two no votes on mission four so there has to be two spies in the second list. There could be three and there could be two in the first list, but not one in the second, there must be at least two.

Sorry, that's what happens when I try and rush. I meant two in the second list, I just muddled my words when I was repeating myself. I hope that's clear, I even went on to say there is another spy somewhere so that was me still thinking in terms of 1 from the first and two from the second which is what I meant to type.

PS I had to read your post a few times before I got my head round it, this is getting confusing! :D

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 17:10 

I think Curiosity is a spy and here's why:

When I* commented on Saturnalian and/or Grim... not being spies I said, "There are four spies so one of Grim... and Saturnalian is definitely not a spy - maybe both."

When Curiosity said it he said, "Hmmmm. Also, given the numbers and where they are, I reckon one of Grim/Sat are probably bad."

Fair enough, but he said this after Cras had announced he was going to take both sat and grim..., as though he was trying to convince Cras not to choose them. the only reason that would be the case is because they aren't spies and he is a dirty spy with a fez, a bomb and a stick of TNT in his trenchcoat.

*not a spy

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 17:17 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bobbyaro wrote:
a stick of TNT in his trenchcoat.

I think you'll find he's just pleased to see you.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 17:29 
Ready for action

Bobbyaro wrote:
I think Curiosity is a spy and here's why:

When I* commented on Saturnalian and/or Grim... not being spies I said, "There are four spies so one of Grim... and Saturnalian is definitely not a spy - maybe both."

When Curiosity said it he said, "Hmmmm. Also, given the numbers and where they are, I reckon one of Grim/Sat are probably bad."

Fair enough, but he said this after Cras had announced he was going to take both sat and grim..., as though he was trying to convince Cras not to choose them. the only reason that would be the case is because they aren't spies and he is a dirty spy with a fez, a bomb and a stick of TNT in his trenchcoat.

*not a spy

I'll be properly raging if curio is a spy. The person out of Curio, malia, bobby and Craster I am most suspicious of is malia. I think he doesn't really contribute much, the couple of missions he went on he didn't post at all between the mission being accepted and the result of the mission, (which would maybe suggest why there was possibly two spies and no sabotage, were they waiting to see what the other would do and not getting any clues, so just playing it safe?) and he organised the first mission which was sabotaged. Plus he didn't send himself on the first mission. If he was a goody, and sent himself on the first mission, he'd have had alright odds of picking two other goodies. I can't understand why a goody wouldn't send themself on the first mission.
I don't know about the second spy though, it could be any of the three of you to be honest. Although bobby is seducing me with his reason and logic, which is what curio did. Although curio has posted less since I said I trusted him, which is potentially dodgy. I'm tying myself in knots here.

My list would probably so far be
sdg
Slightly green
Saturnalian

my definite nots would be
kovacs
mr russell
malia

Because I think Slightly Green didn't pay enough attention to the posting of the other people going on a mission with him, which he would have done if he was a spy with a teammate on the mission
And I agree with the theory that at least one of Saturnalian and Grim... is good, and Grim... has been a bit too quite to make me feel confident of picking him.
I think other people should indicate who they would support, because I can't see how that would benefit the spies in any way but I think it could potentially benefit us and maybe even trip up the spies.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 18:14 
Master of dodgy spelling....

why not me?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 18:22 
Ready for action

@Kovacs, quoted from me earlier.
sdg wrote:
I hadn't decided how to vote, although based on just rereading day one I'd have voted no. On day one, the chosen people were Slightly Green, Mr Mr Russell and Kovacs. I had convinced myself Mr Russell was a baddy and that sort of blinded me to paying close attention to anything else on that day, but I am beginning to wonder if I was maybe a bit too harsh considering we all were a bit blundery on day one, and some of the other behaviour was a bit odd.
Consider-after getting selected for the mission, kovacs didn't post at all. Mr russell and slightly Green both posted in the thread they were voting support. although Slightly green mentioned in a comment saying he assumed we were waiting for the other two despite Mr Russell posting before him (although it might have been lost a bit in the conversation), so that suggests Slightly Green wasn't paying a lot of attention to what the others were saying. That makes it look like either there was only one spy, or if there were two spies Slightly Green wasn't one. Also, kovacs didnt post at all after being selected for the mission. That's a bit weird. So if there were two spies, maybe kovacs saw Mr Russell posting that he was supporting it and he decided to sabotage?
Also, when I asked kovacs directly why he voted to support a mission that looked dodgy, he didn't answer. I think kovacs is a spy who is just trying not to engage to much in debate to slip under the radar.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 18:55 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

TAKE ME WITH YOU!
Better?
:)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 19:28 
Sleepyhead

Bobby, I said what I said re: Saturnalian because of the numbers, we likely have two baddies from the second failure and one in the first group. That leaves one baddy in the third group of Sat & Grim.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:08 

I am not trying to slip under the radar. Just iRL work is mental, and I have not had much chance to post.

Poor trooper has had to mail me twice to vote.

My pattern is just to vote yes, and if you are looking at me as being a spy, you are looking in the wrong place.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:01 
Ready for action

KovacsC wrote:
I am not trying to slip under the radar. Just iRL work is mental, and I have not had much chance to post.

My pattern is just to vote yes, and if you are looking at me as being a spy, you are looking in the wrong place.

That pattern is idiotic though! Blindly voting yes to every proposal is mental and if more people were doing that, the spies would surely have won by now. If you don't have the time to make an informed decision, better to abstain from voting than just vote yes. I can't see how you can be a good guy when you happily admit that you are just voting yes to anything, we don't have the room to make mistakes and we can't really afford trial or risky missions.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 18:05 

sdg wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

That pattern is idiotic though! Blindly voting yes to every proposal is mental and if more people were doing that, the spies would surely have won by now. If you don't have the time to make an informed decision, better to abstain from voting than just vote yes. I can't see how you can be a good guy when you happily admit that you are just voting yes to anything, we don't have the room to make mistakes and we can't really afford trial or risky missions.

You have to vote though.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 18:07 
ugvm'er at heart...

Curiosity wrote:
Bit busy now, but I shall mull over our options and make a proposal tonight.

(Cough)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 18:07 

Your call. I am not a spy, it is Russ or Sg. The only safe way if you don't believe me is to not include any of us

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 19:17 
Awesome
Yes

You cam include me if you like, but even my proposals got shot down since I made that first no vote for a joke.

Sdg keeps saying that I only revealed my no vote when it was shown that all votes would be revealed, but that's in the first rules post, so I don't know why she is so riled up about it.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:47 
Bad Girl

Curiosity wrote:
Bobby, I said what I said re: Saturnalian because of the numbers, we likely have two baddies from the second failure and one in the first group. That leaves one baddy in the third group of Sat & Grim.

I think this sounds sensible, even though it's not a certainty. I wouldn't pick both me and Grim... if I were choosing at this stage.

Maybe 2 from each failure and 1 from us two remaining, which would hopefully limit the possible risk of picking a spy.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 20:36 
Sleepyhead

Right.

I'm tired, and can't be bothered to think this through more than I have done previously.

Kissyfur loves cherryade. He drinks gallons of the stuff.

Kissyfur is allergic to Jagerbombs. They make him vomit on driveways, which is conduct unbecoming for a king.

As such, we will use cover of darkness to infiltrate the Royal Cherryade Brewery, where both Cherry and Ade are mixed together to form a delicious beverage. I will replace the Cherry half of the mixture with Jagermeister. Over on the other side of the compound, Slightly Green will use their skills to vault over the fence and put red food colouring into the Cherryade Delivery lorries.

Grim... will wait until morning before adding Red Bull into the Ade supply, as Ade is well known for going off easily, and is checked by guards just before dawn. Bobbyaro will be on lookout duty to ensure that nobody is coming, and will distract any nasties with their impressive array of bird calls.

Finally, SDG will devise a brainteaser so twisted and paradoxical that it can turn anyone catatonic, and they will email it to Kissyfur's food and beverage taster, so he is unable to go to work and will be taken ill at home.

This will lead the path for vomiting Kissyfur, and the victory of the proletariat revolution.

Onwards!

Curiosity
Slightly Green
Grim...
SDG
Bobbyaro

Though, to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if I had picked all four spies, coz I'm a buffoon.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 20:44 
Bad Girl

You better pray Grim... is a good guy.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 20:44 
Bad Girl

...too.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 21:01 
Awesome
Yes

Feck me this is nerve wracking.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 21:39 
ugvm'er at heart...

Votes to me by 2pm monday please!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:45 
Gogmagog

I'm voting no as I think Curio is a spy, and a spy who has put himself in the team.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:00 
Sleepyhead

MaliA wrote:
I'm voting no as I think Curio is a spy, and a spy who has put himself in the team.

Says Spyboy McSpyson.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:01 

I am also voting no...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:01 
Sleepyhead

To be honest, there is probably a spy in there. SDG seems just too innocent and helpful at times, but that could actually just be her being helpful.

Vote with your conscience, folks. I don't mind this not getting passed. It's all info.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:05 
Gogmagog

I think the spies are Curio, Russ, sdg and Bobby the big spy.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:07 
Ready for action

I think it's a decent list and I am concerned about what future lists might look like. I particularly don't want it to get a situation of Malia choosing a list that we have to accept.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:08 

I can agree with that.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:18 
Gogmagog

sdg wrote:
I think it's a decent list and I am concerned about what future lists might look like. I particularly don't want it to get a situation of Malia choosing a list that we have to accept.

A spying spying spy spy would say that, now. Actually, they would have read my list already and realised my list is the super list with no spies on it so the spying spying spy spy has to make sure the list gets discredited of forgottenised. Spy.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:24 
Awesome
Yes

MaliA wrote:
I think the spies are Curio, Russ, sdg and Bobby the big spy.

I agree.

Or do I?

I don't.

I'm voting Yes.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:24 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

KovacsC wrote:
I can agree with that.

You just said you were voting no?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 

I agree with what Maila said... but I am voting no

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:28 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Ah - it looked like you were agreeing with SDG.

Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next