Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 14:37 
Ready for action

What's it like following this thread for the people who aren't playing?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 14:40 
ugvm'er at heart...

Wait, there's a game under all this somewhere? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 15:02 
Ready for action

Zardoz wrote:
Ivo Awakens!!!

I love that he looks both delighted with the power his God has channeled through him and a little bit sheepish.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 15:16 
Soopah red DS

sdg wrote:

I think I've got the general idea, at least of progress if not of action.

That said, catch me part-way through the next page and I might well say "incomprehensible!" (But, also, "fabulously enthusiastic!").

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 15:48 
Hibernating Druid

JBR wrote:
I think I've got the general idea, at least of progress if not of action.

Same

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 15:54 
Skillmeister

I had no idea anyone other than Rummage Inc and the DM would be reading this, so a recap of our escapades. Obv spoilers for people hoping to do these quests elsewhere.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Hired by a dwarf in Neverwinter to deliver a cart load of goods to a mountain town. Headed out and took a couple of days travel before we came across two dead horses in the middle of the road. Zardoth goes to investigate and triggers an ambush of four goblins. Much clefting was done, along with a song of crapness making a goblin cry. Noticed drag marks heading up a small trail. We slept a long rest to recover. Hid the cart and went cautiously up the trail with Ermintrude and Zardoth taking it in turns to detect 2 traps. We noticed a Dingly Dell and kicked the sprig twig to go and investigate which he balls up. Two goblin lookouts appear and we kill em after taking a bit of damage. Noticed a cave entrance and scouted it to reveal three wolves which Zardoth tames with meat. Rummaged and found a silver ring and a copper piece. Went further in and noticed a goblin on a bridge above us looking shifty. END OF SESSION 1.

Ermintrude bravely throws an axe into the shifty goblin's face. The corpse falls backwards onto the bridge. Bums. Climbs the slippery and seemingly algae covered wall, drops the body down to the rest of the party, then uses a rope to descend back to ground level. Retreated back to the Dingly Dell and went for another long rest. A twat in a hat emerges out of a bush and we all decide to trust him for some reason. Our rest gets interrupted by Americans in the cave who have noticed a strange rope. We all awake, unrested, and watch as 2 goblins herd out the wolves to try and find us. Wolves still like us so turn on the goblins and tores them asunder! We forget that Myp can't see in the dark and advance through the cave to a largish cavern with two pools which can be emptied down the tunnel we came up. Zardoth finds a pearl. We hear bigger American is talking to a weedy American in another cavern. We position ourselves in ambushy type places and make some noise. 1 goblin is sent out by bigger American and he's sent to sleep by Myp. Bigger American appears with a huge wolf. After taking quite bad wounds all round we defeat em, we tie up the sleeping goblin, and Ermintrude harvests one tusk from the corpse of what apparently was a Bugbear. Looted money and notice bags and chests in the cavern with a logo on them. END OF SESSION 2.

Retreated again back again to the Dingly Dell and managed a long rest! We all feel stronger. Interrogated the goblin captive who told us there were more goblins in the cave, tells us there's one captive in there, mentions a person(?) called Spider taking the other one, a dark elf, and where to find a secret stash of treshah. Let him go. Re-entered the cave again where Zardoth transforms into a ickle spider and does some proper scouting, finding four goblins around a fire and one more guarding an injured human on a raised ledge! We all blunder over the noisy rickety bridge and all of the goblins are ready for us when we appear. Failed to intimidate them and the leader asks for a 500gold price for sparing the Human. Obv we can't pay, so he flings the human off the ledge. Shuu casts featherfall on the human and he lands gently. Zardoth transforms into a Giant Spider, scuttles up to the boss and does fuck all. Ermintrude wades in to the four pack and manages to kill two of them in one round. Ivo actually hits and kills the other two goblins! The leader tries to run away, but gets his brains melted out by Ivo. Many ears ere harvested from all the bodies. Found treshah cache which has a map to somewhere called Cragmore Castle where we can find Gundren the hirey dwarf. Go back to the cart and managed to load all the bags, boxes and freeze framed wizard onto it. We get told we can get a bounty from the Lord's Alliance for rescuing the human, told we have to level up before we should go there. Reached the town and entered found the trading post still open. We get blindsided by 8(!) bandits(?) called Reds. Much slashing leaves 5 of them dead before someone appears and spirits them away. We rent the frozen Myp to the trading Geoff to use as a lingerie model, and settle down to a night in the inn courtesy of trading Geoff. END OF SESSION 3.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 16:39 
Ready for action

Dimrill wrote:

Zardoth transforms into a Giant Spider, scuttles up to the boss and does fuck all.

:DD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 16:56 
Hibernating Druid

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 17:01 
Hibernating Druid

Tale as old as time...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 17:02 
Skillmeister

I was working on a journal from the point of view of Ermintrude, but I am scared it'd come across as bad fan fiction so abandoned it at the dead horses.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 17:03 
Hibernating Druid

And what's wrong with bad fan fiction?

"Harvester of lug'oles"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 17:07 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Tis beautiful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 17:11 
Ready for action

Zardoz wrote:

Look how happy Ermintrude is! :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 17:11 
Ready for action

Dimrill wrote:
I was working on a journal from the point of view of Ermintrude, but I am scared it'd come across as bad fan fiction so abandoned it at the dead horses.

I do this when I'm a player! :nerd:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 17:20 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

That's the smile of a dwarf who knows they have a bag full of ears.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 17:51 
Paws for thought

Dimrill wrote:
I had no idea anyone other than Rummage Inc and the DM would be reading this, so a recap of our escapades. Obv spoilers for people hoping to do these quests elsewhere.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Hired by a dwarf in Neverwinter to deliver a cart load of goods to a mountain town. Headed out and took a couple of days travel before we came across two dead horses in the middle of the road. Zardoth goes to investigate and triggers an ambush of four goblins. Much clefting was done, along with a song of crapness making a goblin cry. Noticed drag marks heading up a small trail. We slept a long rest to recover. Hid the cart and went cautiously up the trail with Ermintrude and Zardoth taking it in turns to detect 2 traps. We noticed a Dingly Dell and kicked the sprig twig to go and investigate which he balls up. Two goblin lookouts appear and we kill em after taking a bit of damage. Noticed a cave entrance and scouted it to reveal three wolves which Zardoth tames with meat. Rummaged and found a silver ring and a copper piece. Went further in and noticed a goblin on a bridge above us looking shifty. END OF SESSION 1.

Ermintrude bravely throws an axe into the shifty goblin's face. The corpse falls backwards onto the bridge. Bums. Climbs the slippery and seemingly algae covered wall, drops the body down to the rest of the party, then uses a rope to descend back to ground level. Retreated back to the Dingly Dell and went for another long rest. A twat in a hat emerges out of a bush and we all decide to trust him for some reason. Our rest gets interrupted by Americans in the cave who have noticed a strange rope. We all awake, unrested, and watch as 2 goblins herd out the wolves to try and find us. Wolves still like us so turn on the goblins and tores them asunder! We forget that Myp can't see in the dark and advance through the cave to a largish cavern with two pools which can be emptied down the tunnel we came up. Zardoth finds a pearl. We hear bigger American is talking to a weedy American in another cavern. We position ourselves in ambushy type places and make some noise. 1 goblin is sent out by bigger American and he's sent to sleep by Myp. Bigger American appears with a huge wolf. After taking quite bad wounds all round we defeat em, we tie up the sleeping goblin, and Ermintrude harvests one tusk from the corpse of what apparently was a Bugbear. Looted money and notice bags and chests in the cavern with a logo on them. END OF SESSION 2.

Retreated again back again to the Dingly Dell and managed a long rest! We all feel stronger. Interrogated the goblin captive who told us there were more goblins in the cave, tells us there's one captive in there, mentions a person(?) called Spider taking the other one, a dark elf, and where to find a secret stash of treshah. Let him go. Re-entered the cave again where Zardoth transforms into a ickle spider and does some proper scouting, finding four goblins around a fire and one more guarding an injured human on a raised ledge! We all blunder over the noisy rickety bridge and all of the goblins are ready for us when we appear. Failed to intimidate them and the leader asks for a 500gold price for sparing the Human. Obv we can't pay, so he flings the human off the ledge. Shuu casts featherfall on the human and he lands gently. Zardoth transforms into a Giant Spider, scuttles up to the boss and does fuck all. Ermintrude wades in to the four pack and manages to kill two of them in one round. Ivo actually hits and kills the other two goblins! The leader tries to run away, but gets his brains melted out by Ivo. Many ears ere harvested from all the bodies. Found treshah cache which has a map to somewhere called Cragmore Castle where we can find Gundren the hirey dwarf. Go back to the cart and managed to load all the bags, boxes and freeze framed wizard onto it. We get told we can get a bounty from the Lord's Alliance for rescuing the human, told we have to level up before we should go there. Reached the town and entered found the trading post still open. We get blindsided by 8(!) bandits(?) called Reds. Much slashing leaves 5 of them dead before someone appears and spirits them away. We rent the frozen Myp to the trading Geoff to use as a lingerie model, and settle down to a night in the inn courtesy of trading Geoff. END OF SESSION 3.

Uou missed out Ermintrudes growing perversion with regards to Goblin Ears. My Stupid dash into a group of bandits (see... this is what happens if Shuu ignores the potato). Rsulting in Ivo Invading Shuu with tentacles. Many, Harrowing tentacles.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 18:03 
Hibernating Druid

He doesn't even know he has a problem...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 18:23 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

sdg wrote:

I'm here for the Zardoz art :-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 18:24 
Hibernating Druid

Oh my god it's ages away again :'(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 18:24 
Hibernating Druid

zaphod79 wrote:
sdg wrote:

I'm here for the Zardoz art :-)

:luv:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 20:00 
Skillmeister

*briefly comes out of retirement*

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 20:13 
Prince of Fops

Perhaps of interest

https://www.inputmag.com/gaming/roll-a-d20-on-mortality-with-these-dice-made-from-human-bones

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 20:48 
Rude Belittler

sdg wrote:

I'm enjoying the enthusiasm!

And the Zardart!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 20:59 
UltraMod

Dimrill wrote:
*briefly comes out of retirement*

Now he draws something!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 21:19 
Hibernating Druid

I was not prepared for what I saw...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 21:29 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Dimrill wrote:
Saving up for a Den! Need gold!

I picture Ermintrude's den as a charming, tastefully decorated set of rooms, all very clean and well presented, but just totally festooned with ears on every surface and hanging on every wall.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 21:31 
Skillmeister

Squirt wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Saving up for a Den! Need gold!

I picture Ermintrude's den as a charming, tastefully decorated set of rooms, all very clean and well presented, but just totally festooned with ears on every surface and hanging on every wall.

*cups side of face* Pardon?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 0:05 
Hibernating Druid

Pupil mentioned this, go! https://www.heroforge.com/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:30 
Skillmeister

Zardoz wrote:
Pupil mentioned this, go! https://www.heroforge.com/

I already bought this: https://zealotminiatures.com/zealot-sho ... ry=9323712

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:36 
Hibernating Druid

I’m going to try and make a model of Zardoth.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:42 
Skillmeister

Zardoz wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:52 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Zardoz wrote:

AD&D art has got you covered!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:04 
Paws for thought

Pffft. I had a full scale model of krung before we even started.
Attachment:
IMG_20201202_090328662.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:04 
Hibernating Druid

Trouble is when you look at Wood Elves they're all silken haired and immaculate. Going for a bald head and long beard goes against the Elven grain somewhat.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:05 
Hibernating Druid

Mr Dave wrote:

And how is he looking now? :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:08 
Paws for thought

Zardoz wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

And how is he looking now? :D

Pretty much exactly like he does in the picture. That was taken when I posted.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:11 
Hibernating Druid

Hang on, he was looking a little greener than that on Monday, wasn't he? ...I hope you've not just transferred his eyes to another potato!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:12 
Paws for thought

Zardoz wrote:
Hang on, he was looking a little greener than that on Monday, wasn't he? ...I hope you've not just transferred his eyes to another potato!

Same potato.

The camera and lighting are different though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 13:10 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Zardoz wrote:

Hmm, I can't quite capture Ivo's essence. Anyway, i think this gets "creepy dude with hammer and book" reasonably well though...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 13:21 
Hibernating Druid

I tried a Zardoth but there's no option for completely bald head! Seething...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 13:24 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Oh, you need to select "Hair" and then click the little bin Icon next to it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 13:37 
UltraMod

Squirt wrote:
Oh, you need to select "Hair" and then click the little bin Icon next to it.

Like in real life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 14:01 
Ready for action

Squirt wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Hmm, I can't quite capture Ivo's essence. Anyway, i think this gets "creepy dude with hammer and book" reasonably well though...

I always picture Ivo as having an expression of confused enjoyment tinged with fear. Like, "I'm having fun here and hey I seem to be pretty powerful but why does my God manifest in such creepy ways? He's a good God, right? Right?!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 14:17 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

sdg wrote:
Squirt wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

I always picture Ivo as having an expression of confused enjoyment tinged with fear. Like, "I'm having fun here and hey I seem to be pretty powerful but why does my God manifest in such creepy ways? He's a good God, right? Right?!"

Absolutely! He's still not quite sure why other clerics have spells that heal and bless and protect, whereas his seem more insanity tentacles-based.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 14:46 
Skillmeister

Reading the Guide to Everything and it says I'm allowed to take on personal heraldry. So not only have I done one, I've done one for each of us.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 14:50 
UltraMod

A crowbar wand. Thank you! Will come in useful

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 15:30 
Hibernating Druid

*raises eyebrows at use of real rats for heraldic ornamentation*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 15:34 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Mr Chonks wrote:
A crowbar wand. Thank you! Will come in useful

Excellent for casting spells around corners!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 15:35 
Hibernating Druid

*Raises tankard to Dimrillic drawing production*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 15:37 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Yeah, I really appreciate all the effort people are putting into these! As I have no artistic talent, I cannot do the same, sadly.

Reply to topic  [ 3449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 69  Next