Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hiya groovy guys, I'm a n00b
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:36 
I forgot about this - how vain

CUS wrote:
I told you then, this isn't the first time that your goon squad has accused me of being some other user, whilst I was able to log onto the site, referring to GOD. I didn't say "No, I absolutely definitely am not they" because frankly, I don't like Myoptika, and I've heard the same rumour, and felt that if someone ELSE wanted to say some shit - possibly true, possibly not, but either way nowt to do with me - then they should get away with it.

Erm, I've no idea whats going on after quickly perusing the thread. And I don't have the time to do so.

But appears some very serious things were said.

As such I think it's best for clarity to point out the embarrsing truth of myself, Lave, being the God sock puppet. Which I registered as a joke and used when drunk. It's very embarrsing to admit that. But er, if it's getting tangled into this I would rather people know the poor jokes and caps lock was me.

I'm doubly sorry if that made CUS based things more complicated. :(

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:36 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Sheepeh wrote:
May we see this evidence please Grimothy? There's no reason it should be kept private, is there?

I guess not.
Here are the IP addresses that were used to register on the forum. I have concealed part of them for obvious reasons, but I can assure you they are the same.
Code:
*.*.26.222   harpo
*.*.26.222   mowgli
*.*.26.222   alfie
*.*.26.222   tediouscusalias
*.*.26.222   fryish

CUS wrote:
I also created Mowgli for Malc's "Siblings?" poll. I also created tediousCUSalias which is, evidently, a tedious CUS alias OMG TEH KRYPTIX.

From here.

I've known for a while, and have kept quiet because, well, this would happen :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:37 
baron of techno

Apparently there's either an elaborate ongoing campaign to follow CUS around and sign up with lots of usernames on the forums he posts on to set him up in baffling ways, or, err, there isn't.

But it is getting a little bit tiresome. Worse than MafiaScum even!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:38 
lazy eye patch

JBR wrote:
So when you make an excellent pun, I might try to respond. But there's little or no history in there - it's a conversation, worry not.

I know mate.

I don't think you are all out to get me.

Some of you are. Including Modz.

I really want to see this place do well. I could have trolled the fuck out of this place when I left before, but other than popping by to say 'stop turning this into a fucking lifestyle magazine, and stop bitching about me', that's it. I could have said "THESE PEOPLE ARE TEH CUNTS: " but I didn't want a fucking witch-hunt.

I've done in short everything I fucking can to help this forum out, including taking all the blame for the Forum move.

WHich - fuck, let's put cards on the table shall we? That was mostly Dimrill, mailing people in a frenzy to get them over to the new place. I didn't say "ACTUALLY I AM NOT THE CUNT GO AFTER HIM INSTEAD" because he was more fragile than I, and I worry about him.

This is why I've been so fucking upset that he could think what he does, and why I also think certain poeple are complete cunts. Everything that happens that's even slightly bad, I get blamed upon me. I don't know why you think I'm Fryish. I get the Futurama reference. If I'm supposed to "get" something else, I dont know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:39 
lazy eye patch

Lave wrote:
As such I think it's best for clarity to point out the embarrsing truth of myself, Lave, being the God sock puppet. Which I registered as a joke and used when drunk. It's very embarrsing to admit that. But er, if it's getting tangled into this I would rather people know the poor jokes and caps lock was me.

SEE. I RECEIVED MANY ACCUSATIONS OF BEING GOD PREVIOUSLY.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:40 
Gogmagog

CUS wrote:
Lave wrote:

SEE. I RECEIVED MANY ACCUSATIONS OF BEING GOD PREVIOUSLY.

I get that a lot, too, although, mostly not here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:41 
lazy eye patch

Grim... wrote:
Code:
*.*.26.222   harpo
*.*.26.222   mowgli
*.*.26.222   alfie
*.*.26.222   fryish

Oh yes, alfie, that was me, before I rejoined sorry. Forgot that one.

I thought I was zeppo not harpo,but okay.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

No offence to CUS, but I just can't be arsed with this.

Every few months, CUS returns to the forum and says he just wants to get along. Everyone rejoices and welcomes him back. Then within weeks he slips into massively paranoid mood-swings, accuses members of conspiracies and gets really fucking hateful and weird. The whole forum gets dragged down until CUS inevitably leaves again.

Cannot be arsed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:43 

Look for the late joiners, a:

Thread summary

Some lighthearted banter around sock puppet forum accounts, of which we have a number used for some excellent japery, appears to have uncovered that the fryish account, which made several posts accusing myopika of being a wifebeater, signed up to the forum from the same IP address as several other sock puppet accounts that CUS has taken responsibility for.

In other words, CUS called myoptika a wifebeater from the anonymity of a new account. He also did this shortly before making a heartfelt plea to return the the forum. CUS has flat out denied he was using the fryish account and is insisting it is all some massive conspiracy on the part of several mods who do not like him.

Hence, unpleasantness.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:45 
Gogmagog

In the meantime, here's a picture of a hamster spinning in a wheel. It's much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXRH50fvHWA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:46 
UltraMod

richardgaywood wrote:
In other words, CUS called myoptika a wifebeater from the anonymity of a new account. He also did this shortly before making a heartfelt plea to return the the forum. CUS has flat out denied he was using the fryish account and is insisting it is all some massive conspiracy on the part of several mods who do not like him.

Hence, unpleasantness.

The thing is, I wouldn't have even linked it together without Dimrill telling me that CUS had called me the same thing in an email to him (he also called Dimrill 'worse than Hitler', hilariously).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:48 
Excellent Member

Argh.

I've thought of a dozen different things to say about all this and none are quite the thing. I am quietly annoyed with these sudden explosions coming out of seemingly nowhere, detonating in my face as I stroll around a lovely, leafy picnicky field - the best picnicky field in the world were it not for a few landmines scattered overnight.

However, with care and diligence I've found I can spot the pins flying up out of the ground the moment before the bouncing betty's go off. At this precise moment I leap into a more harmonious, less landminey part of the field, aided by the guiding hand of Saint Diana, patron of metal things that explode. There I serve tea and talk about dead people and obscure weather systems.

I would try and delve into this thread and work out what the hell's going on, but that's a gordian knot I don't want to get wrapped up in. Unless this landmine feature spreads to other parts of the field, I'm not going to get worked up about it and heroically rely on others to defuse the tin cowpats of doom instead.

So, bewildered hugs to CUS, Myoptika, Grim... and everyone. I'm setting my status to 'WTF' and walking away from this one. :S :(

EDIT: These different flavours of CUS bewilder me, and are salty to the taste. I want 'Classic CUS'.

EDIT EDIT: As in to say, I want things miraculously to sort themselves out and remain forever alway, but like as for the troubled American society, the only answers seem buried in nostalgia - nostalgia sumarised by above and not by a desire for anyone to conform to anything. For example.

ARGH. Not quite the thing I mean. Why did I have to edit like an idiot?

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

baron of techno

So, umm. Beex Fanboy / SUC are whom?

lazy eye patch

richardgaywood wrote:
In other words, CUS called myoptika a wifebeater from the anonymity of a new account

I did not, but I have heard the same rumour.

Quote:
before making a heartfelt plea to return the the forum.

Yes.

Quote:
CUS has flat out denied he was using the fryish account

Yes.

Quote:
and is insisting it is all some massive conspiracy on the part of several mods who do not like him.

NO.

I do not know what it is. But this kind of abuse is fucking typical of the abuse that I've received on here, and the fact that it's taking place and yet being seen evidence of my "trouble-making" or whatever is fucking tedious.

I can understand why, if I had, you'd be so angry. I don't like Myoptika. I've heard disturbing rumours. But I heard them MONTHS ago. Why would I fucking wait until just before I beg to please be 'allowed back in'?*

And, nynfortoo, I can't be arsed either, and I don't blame you one ittle bit for having that opinion, you're right. Basically, I come back, and then I get accused of some offensive shit, and my life made hell. By CUNTS.

* wait, no, you're goiing to say "That was youir plan all along". I don't know. All I know is, previously when I was banned, I was told "Are you God? They have the same IP as you", so this has happened before - I AM ALSO NOT USING THAT AS A COVER.

Forf ucking cunt's sake.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:51 

CUS wrote:
richardgaywood wrote:
In other words, CUS called myoptika a wifebeater from the anonymity of a new account
I did not, but I have heard the same rumour.
Look:
CUS wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Code:
*.*.26.222   harpo
*.*.26.222   mowgli
*.*.26.222   alfie
*.*.26.222   fryish

Oh yes, alfie, that was me, before I rejoined sorry. Forgot that one. I thought I was zeppo not harpo,but okay.
So those account signups have the same IP. Mowgli, alfie, harpo, and tediouscusalias are all by your own admission accounts your created. Who created the fryish account from the same IP address at Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:41 am, if it wasn't you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:52 
UltraMod

So if we're getting it all out into the open, can I carry on? I've got so much more to give.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:52 
lazy eye patch

myoptika wrote:
The thing is, I wouldn't have even linked it together without Dimrill telling me that CUS had called me the same thing in an email to him (he also called Dimrill 'worse than Hitler', hilariously).

Yes, and that's the mail I'm apologizing for. That was my suicide note. Then stuff happened. I'm not proud. But. Was it public? No. And "worse than Hitler" I mean for fuck's sake, are you going to get upset about that? How about "cunt"? At the end of the day it's just another way of saying "I am really unhappy and angry with you".

There's only one person I can see here trying to put unpleasant personal stuff private, and that's you cunt boy.

I note that you've not replied to anything I said, because you'd much rather just accuse and insinuate but never ever take responsibility.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:53 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

kalmar wrote:
So, umm. Beex Fanboy / SUC are whom?

They both signed up using a proxy site so we (the moderators) wouldn't their real IP address, so that we wouldn't, I don't know, ping them.
They're now banned, as is said proxy site.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:53 

So... do you post from work? A shared house? Internet cafe? The IP business is fairly incriminating evidence dude, you have to admit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:54 
UltraMod

There, ladies and gentlemen. I think I'm done. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:54 
lazy eye patch

richardgaywood wrote:
Who created the fryish account from the same IP address at Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:41 am, if it wasn't you?

I don't know. Possibly the same person who created the God account 'from your house' previously.

Myoptika, why not, go for it. Please, do. It's good to see that you're finally admitting to bearing a massive grudge against me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:55 
Gogmagog

To be honest, I really don't give a flying fuck what CUS and myp think of each other, and I'm fairly fucking sure that no one else does, either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:56 

Speaking dispassionately, 3 things I can think of can make CUS innocent of being fryish.

1) He used a web proxy. Someone else used the same proxy. CUS could enlighten us there.
2) He's on an ISP with a dynamic ip policy and just got very, very unlucky with someone random having the same ip on sign up.
3) Someone else used his PC or one connected to his network.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:57 
Son of a Reaperman

CUS wrote:
...my life made hell. By CUNTS.

Gay.

UltraMod

MaliA wrote:
To be honest, I really don't give a flying fuck what CUS and myp think of each other, and I'm fairly fucking sure that no one else does, either.

Yeah, which is why I'm drawing a line under it now (at least from my side of things).

MaliA wrote:

:this:

It would perhaps be better all round if you two could just keep this private, or - better still - have a gentlemen's agreement to simply ignore each other.

SupaMod
Est. 1978

Dudley wrote:
Speaking dispassionately, 3 things I can think of can make CUS innocent of being fryish.

1) He used a web proxy. Someone else used the same proxy. CUS could enlighten us there.
2) He's on an ISP with a dynamic ip policy and just got very, very unlucky with someone random having the same ip on sign up.

Hence I said 99%, and not 100%.

lazy eye patch

Dudley wrote:

Fryish was created on a Saturday Gaywood said. I was at home then. I'm with Virgin Media. I don't go through a proxy to my knoweldge.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:58 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

CUS wrote:
And, nynfortoo, I can't be arsed either, and I don't blame you one ittle bit for having that opinion, you're right. Basically, I come back, and then I get accused of some offensive shit, and my life made hell. By CUNTS.

Why don't you sit back, relax, and post about games and nice things then, though?

You can't really get upset if you start using proxy servers to register myriad new accounts, some for (in evidence's eyes) hateful purposes, and sending hateful emails to other members, even if you don't like them.

It isn't difficult to just get along. Maybe I don't know the whole story, but this seems to be mostly your own doing, chap.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:58 
lazy eye patch

Zio wrote:
MaliA wrote:

It would perhaps be better all round if you two could just keep this private, or - better still - have a gentlemen's agreement to simply ignore each other.

I JUST WANT TO TALK ABOUT GAMES.

I AM NOT THE ONE INCITING HATRED HERE.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:59 
lazy eye patch

nynfortoo wrote:
You can't really get upset if you start using proxy servers to register myriad new accounts, some for (in evidence's eyes) hateful purposes, and sending hateful emails to other members, even if you don't like them.

It isn't difficult to just get along. Maybe I don't know the whole story, but this seems to be mostly your own doing, chap.

No, not really. See, there you've just basicalyl CREATEd an entirely different and new fucking scenario.

Created new accounts to send hateful emails to other people? That's new. Okay, let's add that to the list, then shall we? Yeah, you DON'T know the whole story, you're just going "meh, meh... oh, I dunno, CUS is a cunt or something", which is what always fucking happens.

AND I NEVER START IT.

AND ALWAYS AM BLAMED.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:00 
lazy eye patch

myoptika wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Yeah, which is why I'm drawing a line under it now (at least from my side of things).

Yeah, which is why you're just accusing me wildly of shit and then sitting back satisfied in the knowledge that your latest hate spree has gone exactly as it always does.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:01 
Excellent Member

Mayb fryish is the same person who moved in with CUS and told him he was Davyd Grymm and then had a homosexual relationship with him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:03 
Sleepyhead

CUS wrote:
Zio wrote:
MaliA wrote:

I JUST WANT TO TALK ABOUT GAMES.

I AM NOT THE ONE INCITING HATRED HERE.

Then why did you start ranting and calling people names in this thread? All that had happened prior to that was Zardoz had insinuated that you were Fryish, a conclusion that I'm sure you can appreciate is not exactly a stupid one given the evidence available to the mods.

Does Zardoz saying you were Fryish (with good reason) constitute everyone being a hateful cunt?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:04 
Comfortably Dumb

Grim... wrote:
Dudley wrote:

Hence I said 99%, and not 100%.

I imagine Grim could disprove the first point.

Does the forum database store an IP address against each post? Might be worth running a search for the .26.222 address and see what usernames it throws up? For example, both GJ and I are with Virgin Media too so it'd be interesting (ok, not that interesting) to see how much the IP addresses vary to see if it could be someone else.

The last option is a possible though if CUS's network security has a flaw, but the other four accounts are his so it's hardly surprising people are assuming the fifth is his too. I'm staying out of it though as it's nowt to do with me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:05 
lazy eye patch

Right. D. Grimm lived with me for the past three months. In no kind of sexual relationship. We thought it funny one night, after someone asked something or other, to pretend like it actually wasn't him. Then it got really really out of hand.

I went away, came back and found several email telling me at length about some of the people on here, and when they've had problems IRL with stalking etc. It got totalyl out of hand, what should have been a silly little jhoke, and I realised that I had to take some time off, because I'd lost all perspective.

It didn't help either, that I'd been accused of a load of stuff by my former mate (which I genuinely, truly, have absolutely no record of, and think he has misinterpreted something I said). And some other stuff, which is more private. So, I'd previously spent months requesting to be banned, because of abuse, such as this currnetly, from people suchas Myoptika.

Finally, someone said "Why not just lock your password?" which was a brilliant suggestion.

Since then, my life has got much worse, I've hit rock bottom, and needed desperately to have ANYONE to talk to about games, and that, at any time of the day e.g. middle of the night. So I came back here. ANd now, it begins agina!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:06 
Gogmagog

"He's no proper officer. Never seems to tire, hard to catch him off guard."
"He let you off light, Harps. Back in the village. So why so hard?"
"It's just not right, Cooper. He's not happy being an officer. And mark my words, he'll bring us bad luck. "

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:08 
lazy eye patch

Curiosity wrote:
All that had happened prior to that was Zardoz had insinuated that you were Fryish, a conclusion that I'm sure you can appreciate is not exactly a stupid one given the evidence available to the mods.

Does Zardoz saying you were Fryish (with good reason) constitute everyone being a hateful cunt?

Because Grim..., Mimi and others have already interrogated me about being Fryish, so I knew what he was talking about. Because I've been trying to get on here, and thought that the problem of some people was due to a personal and private misunderstanding that only a classless cunt like Myoptika would bring up in the public for everyone to see. Then I realised "Oh", and then Mr Chris and Joans began with the "Hoorah, and we're off!" stuff, and I realizedthat the semblance of friendship I've received in the past few days was all just a big joke leading up until now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:14 
Paws for thought

Ok, so you have been using the same IP as fryish.
Fryish has been making the same (rather vile) accusations as you supposedly have. Which would be a massive coincidence if they just appeared from nowhere.
You both have an evident dislike for the current moderators.
You reappear at the same time as fryish.

I'm sorry, but you're asking me to believe in far too much coincidence for me to even have a chance of believing you. And that's just regarding the entire fryish issue.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:15 
Hibernating Druid

So were all cunts. You're mizundastud.

You have never been a cunt to anyone on here or you don't remember certain times that you were when people have said you were. And you're not Fryish.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:15 
Gogmagog

"As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top. And you'll need the cocaine. Tape recorder for special music. Acapulco shirts."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:16 

I think, sir, this all goes back to the fact that all of this was started by you - IMO - massively over-reacting to a comment made by Zardoz. Not Myop. In fact, I don't think Myop has said anything particularly nasty to you in this whole thread, considering that you have been properly throwing your toys out of the pram on this.

Why do you do this to yourself? And, more pertinently, why in public? People on here, myself included, always rather liked you and the input you made on this forum, so it's always a bit of a shock and a disappointment to watch you go supernova in such a way every couple of months.

We've all been through shit. I've been through shit. For me, my entire world collapsed a couple of weeks ago and every couple of days the few things that are left seem to collapse a little bit more. But most people would think I'm overreacting, because from an outside perspective lots of people have been through these problems and worse. So rather than go epically nutbar on an otherwise friendly forum, I discuss it calmly and privately with a few individuals (including some folk on here) and publicly go on with the business of talking about games and reading other people's funnies. It's a bit of escapism. It rather helps.

I don't know why I give a shit about you, CUS. We've never met. I only know your real name because of Facebook. And the one time I ever did try to show you a little concern and help you maybe discuss your problems in a way that didn't result in things like this thread you - unless I grossly misinterpreted your emails - threw it straight back in my face. You did make one funny in one of those though, so I'll give you that. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:16 
Sleepyhead

Well, I didn't know anything about the Fryish thing until right now, and I'd imagine that most board members didn't. So please don't think there was any duplicity from the majority.

Couldn't you have just ignored the brief jibe/barb though and talked more about computer games? You must have known that responding by insulting the mods and generally being a bit 'ranty' would result in the thread going this way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

nynfortoo wrote:

That's not the case.

Here are some facts as I understand them.
1) Someone called Fryish turned up a few weeks ago and accused Myop of being a wifebeater. Myself (and the other moderators) assumed it was CUS. We ignored it, and it went away.
2) CUS sent a very reasonable and friendly email to Gaywood and myself asking to come back. I didn't get it because I had set up blocks on my mail account, but Gaywood talked to me about it. I removed the blocks and had an email conversation with CUS. We got on well.
3) I checked the IPs on CUS's account and saw that he was indeed Fryish. It could have been Davydd Grimm, but I found out that he had moved out of CUS's house by then. I asked CUS three times, straight out, if he was Fryish. He avoided answering each time. I stopped rocking the boat.
4) CUS comes back. Everyone is happy.
5) This thread is created. Dudley welcomes Fanboy as our first troll. CUS says that Dudley is going to upset fanboy by calling him a troll. Zardoz corrects him, and implies that Fryish was our first troll. CUS got a bit touchy. So far, no harm, no foul, although already looking sadly familiar.
6) A bit further on, CUS, referring to Fryish implying things about Myop, says
CUS wrote:
A couple of Modz start moping about something that I missed
A couple of Modz blame it on me because they have an agenda, which is part of why I left before.
I angrily point out that it's a shame that certain people can be neither gentlemen or effective modders.

7) I wasn't having the moderators being dragged through the mud again over this, especially when it wasn't true, so I eventually posted the truth about CUS being Fryish as I knew it. CUS denied it outright, repeatedly.
8) People said nasty things to CUS. CUS said nasty things back. Fair enough.
9) Sheepeh asked me how I knew for sure. I posted IP registration logs.
10) No proxies or anything were used. The IP that CUS is posting from right now is the same as the one Fryish posted with, and CUS has said he's not using a proxy.
11) No emails have been sent, to my knowledge, from this forum under false addresses. CUS and Dimrill did have an argument over email, hence Dimrill doesn't post here any more. But none of this (to my knowledge) was done in any underhand manner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:20 
lazy eye patch

Mr Dave wrote:

Like other Virgin Media customers.
Quote:
Fryish has been making the same (rather vile) accusations as you supposedly have. Which would be a massive coincidence if they just appeared from nowhere.

I last mailed DImrill some time ago. Fryish joined last week? That's not coincidence, that's just the same rumour.
Quote:
You both have an evident dislike for the current moderators.

No, that's your just your wording to make the facts fit. This Frish posted something about one guy, and I've been takjing abuse from myoptika all year, with various assistance from Mr. Chris and others.
Quote:
You reappear at the same time as fryish.

Yes, begging to please be able to just chat about stuff, all true. I don't undesrtand why you would think I would try and ruing that. I've been even trying to be extra nice to myoptika since I got back, and genuinely wish him and his partner the best in his wedding.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you're asking me to believe in far too much coincidence for me to even have a chance of believing you. And that's just regarding the entire fryish issue.

I don't care if you don't believe me on other stuff, because frankly, although I know I didn't say things that I supposedly did, I'd much rather that you were "there" for someone. I'm used to having to do it alone. Not emo, just true, I'm glad for you guys, really.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:22 
Chinny chin chin

CUS wrote:
Then I realised "Oh", and then Mr Chris and Joans began with the "Hoorah, and we're off!" stuff, and I realizedthat the semblance of friendship I've received in the past few days was all just a big joke leading up until now.

To be totally fair, as someone (possibly me) commented when you left last time, you are the Kevin Keegan of this forum.

We love to see you back and really will you to recapture old glories. But it always ends up the same way.

*You* have the power to sort this out. Most people on here (me included) wouldn't even be aware there was a problem until you very publicly kick off.

We've had some good debates over the past few days and but if we're going down the whole bickering and ban me thing again then I want no part of it. I was very much on the brink of leaving last time and things have only turned around in the last month or so. It really dragged this place down.

I actually don't care what when who or how, if there's a problem it's down to our elected mods and yourself to sort it out. And since there may well be a new load of mods in a few weeks, you can always sort it out with the fresh faces rather than all these people who are apparently plotting.

The mods are the elected representatives. I wouldn't vote for anyone who I thought was misusing their power to conspire against you. It simply wouldn't be on. Our mods aren't perfect but they are the best we've got and have been quite good at putting their hands up at their mistakes (see the other week when I called them a shower of (Littlejohns - Ed).

In short, deal with the issue with the elected representatives. The 27th is only a few weeks away as well so you'll have fresh faces.

Chances are this is all some stupid misunderstanding, but why wash the dirty linen in public again? It drags us all down.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:22 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

CUS wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Like other Virgin Media customers.

I'll buy that as a possibility, although I can only imagine huge issues if VM gave everyone the same IP. The IPs I posted are the only ones from that address. Any other Virgin Media customers around?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:23 
That Rev Chap

Grim... wrote:
Dimrill doesn't post here any more.

Dimrill's gone? :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:23 
lazy eye patch

Zio wrote:
I think, sir, this all goes back to the fact that all of this was started by you - IMO - massively over-reacting to a comment made by Zardoz. Not Myop. In fact, I don't think Myop has said anything particularly nasty to you in this whole thread, considering that you have been properly throwing your toys out of the pram on this.

He mentioned a "tedious alias" in reference to my previous CUS alias, and then Zardoz joined in with the accusation, which I've already had via email from other people.

Quote:
it's always a bit of a shock and a disappointment to watch you go supernova in such a way every couple of months.

Because I get no fucking peace.

Quote:
I discuss it calmly and privately with a few individuals (including some folk on here) and publicly go on with the business of talking about games and reading other people's funnies. It's a bit of escapism. It rather helps.

Because I had nobody to talk to.

Quote:
unless I grossly misinterpreted your emails - threw it straight back in my face. You did make one funny in one of those though, so I'll give you that. ;)

I sent a mass mail around as a Goodbye, and then stuff happened. I know that doesn't make me sound any less emo, but I'd happily bear that fucking burden right now of that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:24 

CUS wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
All that had happened prior to that was Zardoz had insinuated that you were Fryish, a conclusion that I'm sure you can appreciate is not exactly a stupid one given the evidence available to the mods.

Because Grim..., Mimi and others have already interrogated me about being Fryish, so I knew what he was talking about. Because I've been trying to get on here, and thought that the problem of some people was due to a personal and private misunderstanding that only a classless cunt like Myoptika would bring up in the public for everyone to see. Then I realised "Oh", and then Mr Chris and Joans began with the "Hoorah, and we're off!" stuff, and I realizedthat the semblance of friendship I've received in the past few days was all just a big joke leading up until now.

I never said anything of the sort. :(
I've seen you posting on WoS (sensibly) for quite a bit now and welcomed your return. I have conversed with you in several threads, and we're supposed to be going to the BBC meet together (with Gaz & Shin), but apparently this was all a big joke and I was just pretending to be your friend.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next