Cot14ge
Getting this in here while I'm still enjoying the post cottage comedown and before I re-remember spreadsheet chaos :DD

Tick all the options you can do in the poll and I'll get the most popular one booked again. I've not actually checked that these are all available but given the timescales involved I'm going to assume they are.

Date confirmed: 04-07 October 2024

Current list
Jem
GazChap
TheVision
Trooper
JBR
Kern
Grim…
Cras
KovacsC
Malc
Curiosity
Mr Dave
Goddess Jasmine (maybe)
Bobbyaro
Myp
FunSally
Joans
Other Dave

Deposit payable: £20

Jem Turner
04-00-04
Considering the numbers last year, is Cottage bookable for Friday/Saturday/Sunday only?
I'll look into that.

ETA: It doesn't look like it is on https://www.cottages.com/cottages/stens ... farm-16165 but I assume he'd let us have it for 2 nights - might not reduce the price though, if he can hold out for a 3 night booking
I think there were six of us there on Monday :D
Gaz and I would have stayed til the Monday if I'd not been feeling shit tbf
Grim... wrote:

With the two cottages open and empty, that must have led to some amazing games of Sardines.
Grim... wrote:

Five if you count my enslavement by Advance Wars! :facepalm:
Kern wrote:
Grim... wrote:

With the two cottages open and empty, that must have led to some amazing games of Sardines.

I was the only one in the small house and it had been left open all day. I checked that house like Santa checking a list!!
I think we'd also stay until the Monday in normal circumstances.

As long as Bobby checked it was safe first.
I'd love to stay until Monday, but alas, life!
I stayed until Monday, but had a really early train to catch, so left before everyone else was up (barring Kov, who came down the stairs as I was leaving)
DavPaz wrote:
I'd love to stay until Monday, but alas, life!

Very much this. I'll be aiming to stay later on the Sunday next year though. Give us chance to get some retro games on the go.
Similarly, I usually stay till Monday, but not this year
Well, more important is if y'all intend to stay until Monday next year.
Remember, if we leave on Sunday, we all have to be out by 10am
Grim... wrote:
Well, more important is if y'all intend to stay until Monday next year.

We do.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Remember, if we leave on Sunday, we all have to be out by 10am

It's 'sensible Bobby' twice in one month!
Nah, this is lazy Bobby!
Bobbyaro wrote:
Nah, this is lazy Bobby!

"Your are one tired turtle"
zaphod79 wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
Nah, this is lazy Bobby!

"Your are one tired turtle"

:D
Hi all. Cottage man reached out to me today to warn me that the big cottage has been booked unprecedentedly early for most of October. Our preferred weekend has gone, so I've reserved 04-07 Oct as a back-up as a) it was available and b) was 2nd favourite in the votes. Although I have just noticed I cocked up the dates for the last weekend of the month, but whatever.

Anyway, apologies for not making a move on this sooner, we normally have more time (and life has been a bit chaotic).

Can I get some "IN"s for 04-07 and then I'll start figuring out costs etc.
There's nothing in my diary for that weekend at the mo so I am...

In!
Planning on being mostly in the country this year, so I reckon - in!
BIRTHDAY COTTAGE!

I will be getting drunk on Friday.
In!

Grim... wrote:
BIRTHDAY COTTAGE!

wait...
In if it's two cottages. :)
KovacsC wrote:
Oh go on then.

:D
Cras wrote:
Grim... wrote:
BIRTHDAY COTTAGE!

wait...

Italic drunk, tho
Thank you guys, and thank you especially for not being like "fuck sake Jem, you had one job" :luv:
Jem wrote:
Thank you guys, and thank you especially for not being like "fuck sake Jem, you had one job" :luv:

The thing is, we all know you don't.

We're grateful that you organise this at all!

Thank you. :luv:
Jem wrote:

Trust you ain't ever gonna get that from me! :D
Curiosity wrote:
Jem wrote:

Trust you ain't ever gonna get that from me! :D

:DD
Grim, could you ask the usuals (Hursts etc) about cottage if you get a mo', please. :)
I've done and fucked up a merge... Hang on, I'll figure it out.
Jem wrote:
Grim, could you ask the usuals (Hursts etc) about cottage if you get a mo', please. :)

I'm seeing him this weekend.
Bobbyaro wrote:
In, btw.

*Packs Toy Story blanket*
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
In, btw.

*Packs Toy Story blanket*

(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)
In light of The News if anyone feels uncomfortable about me continuing to organise cottage I'll hand it over to someone else but, unless something drastically changes between now and October, Gaz and I are both still planning on attending.
Jem wrote:
In light of The News if anyone feels uncomfortable about me continuing to organise cottage I'll hand it over to someone else but, unless something drastically changes between now and October, Gaz and I are both still planning on attending.

This is the news I was hoping to hear. :luv:
Jem wrote:

Good. Hope you're both as well as can be x
Page 1 of 2 [ 67 posts ]
    1, 2