Rocket League will be your favourite Bezzy Game [PS4/PC].
FACT.
I have this on the Xbox One... I think I can play with PC people? We should give it a go.
TheVision wrote:
I have this on the Xbox One... I think I can play with PC people? We should give it a go.

Xbox, PC and Switch can all crossplay.
Satsuma wrote:
And that’s why we ain’t on Dead by daylight...

It takes three to thrango
TheVision wrote:

When's good for you? We should do some reading up on crossplay parties before we try it.
TheVision wrote:

Oh yeah... Nice bump.

Are you free on Thursday night to try it out?
TheVision wrote:
Oh yeah... Nice bump.

Are you free on Thursday night to try it out?

Potentially yes! How will we do voice chat?
Grim... wrote:
Phone him.

I was thinking WhatsApp voice perhaps.
Well, I shall be playing the game on my Xbox one but my PC is in the same room so is there something you'd use for voice chat on that?

If not, WhatsApp will be fine.
TheVision wrote:
Well, I shall be playing the game on my Xbox one but my PC is in the same room so is there something you'd use for voice chat on that?

If not, WhatsApp will be fine.

Yeah good point. Have you got Teamspeak? If Dave allows it we could use his server.

I still haven't worked out how to do crossplay parties.
I haven't got Teamspeak but I can't imagine it'll be to difficult to install and set up.
Also... This...

https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en- ... -platform-

It's confusing. Does this mean we can't play as a team?
TheVision wrote:
Also... This...

https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en- ... -platform-

It's confusing. Does this mean we can't play as a team?

We can, because I'll play on PC.
Welp, turns out we can't. It was meant to be part of the progression update, but apparently it's coming this month!

https://www.newsweek.com/rocket-league- ... er-1066935
TheVision wrote:
I haven't got Teamspeak but I can't imagine it'll be to difficult to install and set up.

Unless you're technically incompetent, it's easy

Although you'll have to go in Myps stinky chat room.

Edit: I believe you can also put it on your phone, which avoids the potential for audio device confusion.
Lonewolves wrote:
Welp, turns out we can't. It was meant to be part of the progression update, but apparently it's coming this month!

https://www.newsweek.com/rocket-league- ... er-1066935

Pah... That's a shame. I thought as much from this bit on their website.
Quote:

Casual and Competitive Play

In order to play Casual or Competitive with your friends, you must create a Party first. Cross-Platform Parties are not currently an available feature in Rocket League.
I think someone's taking the piss. I've played against Captain Caveman and Tinkers Rucksack today.
Lonewolves wrote:
I think someone's taking the piss. I've played against Captain Caveman and Tinkers Rucksack today.

What is this, 2017?
No crossplay until 2019 now, but will now include PS4 as Sony have relented!

In other news I keep yoyoing between Gold III and Platinum I in standard mode now. I don't feel as out of my depth as I once did. Next step is to establish myself in Platinum! I've sort of gone off doubles, which is weird as it used to be my favourite mode.
I've become so used to playing local AI matches that when I dusted off the Switch to play an online match (once I'd signed up for a trial of Nintendo's online service), I was completely outplayed. Ho hum.
devilman wrote:
I've become so used to playing local AI matches that when I dusted off the Switch to play an online match (once I'd signed up for a trial of Nintendo's online service), I was completely outplayed. Ho hum.

Yeah, even the top level of AI are comically bad to me now. Come play doubles with me on PC!
Lonewolves wrote:
devilman wrote:

Yeah, even the top level of AI are comically bad to me now. Come play doubles with me on PC!

I mainly play the PC version on my lunch break, but next time I play in the evening, I'll see if you're around. Might help me get over my anxiety of playing it online a little if I'm not playing totally with randoms.
devilman wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
devilman wrote:

I mainly play the PC version on my lunch break, but next time I play in the evening, I'll see if you're around. Might help me get over my anxiety of playing it online a little if I'm not playing totally with randoms.

Do you know what I did that helped a lot? Turned off all chat including quick chat. No more sarcastic "what a save"s when I mess up. And it's not impacted my ability to win either.
I might well give that a go, as the only time I find the chat useful is at kick-off to find out if a teammate is going to be attacking the ball or staying back. I tend to stay back, which is fine as long as the other person doesn't do the same. :)
devilman wrote:
I might well give that a go, as the only time I find the chat useful is at kick-off to find out if a teammate is going to be attacking the ball or staying back. I tend to stay back, which is fine as long as the other person doesn't do the same. :)

If we're both level then I will go for the ball and peel off for a boost nugget if they do too.

Otherwise it should be pretty obvious who's going for the ball and who isn't.
Lonewolves wrote:
Do you know what I did that helped a lot? Turned off all chat including quick chat. No more "AINSLEY"s when I do well. And it's not impacted my ability to win either.
I've been playing this quite a bit again lately, mainly on PC as I have some chums to play with now. I'm playing at Platinum I level in Standard now (3v3) and still at Gold II at Doubles. I've been trying to get my Solo Standard (no parties) rank up as well as it's been pretty rubbish for ages (Bronze/Silver rubbish) and I'm now up to Gold II there now too.

Had a game earlier where I had two quite aggressive teammates, so I ended up in defence for most of the game. Then in the last minute I got a bit more attack-minded as we were 1-0 down. I managed to score the equaliser with 15s to go and then pulled off an epic save in overtime before scoring the winner (which was a bit jammy, I'll admit). I still love this game!

Do you mean the save at 1:48 cause I’m not convinced that was you that touched the ball?
Satsuma wrote:
Do you mean the save at 1:48 cause I’m not convinced that was you that touched the ball?

It was, because I got the Epic Save notification.
It doesn’t show it on the video. I think you’re making this up.

It’s still a good goal though. Be proud of that. Just that.
Managed to hit Diamond I rank in Snow Day mode tonight (a puck instead of a ball and on an ice surface, so analogous to ice hockey). In some ways it’s easier than soccar but it’s a great palate cleanser and I seem to be quite good at it.

Just dropped back into Gold III in doubles but I’m still a respectable Platinum II in 3v3. This might be my perfect game as I can’t stop playing it, especially now I’ve found a group of reliable teammates.
TheDapperBandit#9049 is my RocketID for anyone fancying some cross-platform party shenanigans.
Imagine scoring six goals and not getting MVP
Six goals off five shots, though.
Grim... wrote:
Six goals off five shots, though.

More efficient!
Out go Crates.. in come blueprints

I guess they're looking to remove the gambling element of loot. At least they're improving the inventory management too - mine is full of crates I have no keys for, items I can't trade and then just assorted bits of tat.
It’s taken 500+ hours on PC and god knows how long on PS4, but I’m finally a Diamond player.
Nice! Are there any tournaments or anything you can play in or do play in?
Satsuma wrote:
Nice! Are there any tournaments or anything you can play in or do play in?

No tournaments as such apart from the Rocket League Championship Series; sadly it’s rather half-baked apart from that. I’ve just got a solid team that I play ranked 3s with. I was the last to get to Diamond (Other Dave achieved it in our previous session). Our other player is a bit better and has been Diamond for over a year. We’re going to push him to Champion next as he’s just hit Diamond III!
Rocket League going F2P (and Epic Store exclusive on the PC) "later this summer":

https://www.engadget.com/rocket-league- ... 53398.html
Bamba wrote:
Rocket League going F2P (and Epic Store exclusive on the PC) "later this summer":

https://www.engadget.com/rocket-league- ... 53398.html

Not really much of a surprise. I enjoyed it while it lasted!
Oh, slightly misleading. You can still play it on Steam if you’ve already bought it before then.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Oh, slightly misleading. You can still play it on Steam if you’ve already bought it before then.

Oh, yeah, I mean they'd get fucking lynched if they removed access to something people had already paid for.
Bamba wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

Oh, yeah, I mean they'd get fucking lynched if they removed access to something people had already paid for.

Nothing would surprise me about Epic at this point.
They've now confirmed that Rocket League goes F2P on all platforms on the 23rd of September. What especially surprises me is that allegedly you won't need any kind of subscription (PS+, etc) to play it online; not sure how they've swung that?
If it's cross-platform it won't use any of the existing services, is my understanding. Hence you don't have to pay.

I might be entirely wrong.
Grim... wrote:
If it's cross-platform it won't use any of the existing services, is my understanding. Hence you don't have to pay.

To do anything online on the consoles you need to go through their respective online services don't you?
Grim... wrote:

I’m pretty sure all F2P games on PS4 don’t require a PS+ sub. Very few of them are cross-play.
Page 10 of 11 [ 512 posts ]