Shadow of the Colossus remastered (PS4)
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/06 ... d-for-ps4/

Quote:
Shadow of the Colossus Announced for PS4

Quote:
Developed by Bluepoint Games and JAPAN Studio, Shadow of the Colossus looks to be lovingly rebuilt for PS4, making one of the most artistic, emotional, and celebrated games ever made available for a new audience.

Still looks fine on the PS3 imo.
Excellent news. Still never played it, after my borked attempt on PS Now.
That looks beautiful.
More of a remake than a remastering.

I never asked for this, I don't know why they've done it but now I wants it.

I hope they do "something" with it other than just tarting up the graphics otherwise it'll just seem a bit pointless. Let's have some of the abandoned collossi in it at the very least, aye? Just a couple. Although since Ueda ain't involved in this then it'll just end up being the tarted up graphics.

Ok, well at least modernise the sodding controls then. Shove jump on X not bloody triangle.
https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/14/shadow ... -original/

Remake:

1)Will be the same as the original and won't include any new or cut content from the original PS2 design;
3) Will have modern controls.

So there you go, kinda pointless.
Satsuma wrote:
https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/14/shadow-of-the-colossus-remake-is-the-same-as-the-ps2-version-wont-include-cut-colossus-from-the-original/

Remake:

1)Will be the same as the original and won't include any new or cut content from the original PS2 design;
3) Will have modern controls.

So there you go, kinda pointless.

You just asked them to "at least" modernise the controls. Which they're doing. ;)

I've still got this on a working PS3 so no need to upgrade.
Whatevs.

The new art style ain't doing much for me. The original sunbleached look is much better IMO.
Sunbleach my arse.
BLOODY GOODBUMPS. The best soundtrack in any game ever.

Additional gameplay footage shown in paris. Looks TEH TITZ.

Nicked off Reddit.
GRAFIX COMPARISON VIDYO. PS3 vs PS4 I think. I didn’t read the description because of the excitement. Mind you, I could go back and read it. I won’t though. I’m here now and I don’t want to be clicking back and forth researching and shit. You probably wouldn’t appreciate it anyway. Hey, I’ve an idea, if you click on the video then maybe you take a look at the description. Oh, it’s embedded. Let’s see if I’ve still got the link on the iOS clipboard. https://youtu.be/lYF-kBuZthM I do! Yay. Well, if you click that then maybe the description might tell you. Or maybe it doesn’t. Christ. I should be more observant. Anyway.

Wasn't there already a PS3 remaster? So is this a remaster of a remaster?
IT’S A REMAKE NOT A REMASTER!

The PS3 was a sort of HD edition of the original with improved textures, frame rate and some other stuff. This is a full blown remake.
Satsuma wrote:
IT’S A REMAKE NOT A REMASTER!

The PS3 was a sort of HD edition of the original with improved textures, frame rate and some other stuff. This is a full blown remake.

Now I am interested. I thought it was a reremaster.
This remake looks awful.
at least compare the ps3 remake to the ps4 remaster of the remake.
I have not played this before, should I get the ps4 version?
Even Google isn't sure.
KovacsC wrote:
I have not played this before, should I get the ps4 version?

Probably. It’s not out yet so we’ve no idea whether it’s any good compared to the SUPREME OG edition.

They have said that they’re sorting out the controls for a more modern audience as the OG controls were a bit of an annoyance before things became more standardised.
Out today!

Or tomorrow. I forget which.

I’ve been on Amazon’s email list for months waiting for it to tell me when the special edition is back in stock. It’s still not in stock. FFS.

Ah well, I suppose the best thing about this release is that there’s some people who have never played it will get to play it for the first time ever. They are some lucky sonsobitches. I wish I could play it for the first time again. Sadface.
Satsuma wrote:
Out today!

Or tomorrow. I forget which.

I’ve been on Amazon’s email list for months waiting for it to tell me when the special edition is back in stock. It’s still not in stock. FFS.

Ah well, I suppose the best thing about this release is that there’s some people who have never played it will get to play it for the first time ever. They are some lucky sonsobitches. I wish I could play it for the first time again. Sadface.

Have you tried drinking heavily and frequently in order to erase your memory
I'll get it for a tenner.
Hope nobody ran down to the shops on my account yesterday...it’s actually released today.
Satsuma wrote:
Hope nobody ran down to the shops on my account yesterday...it’s actually released today.

I added it to my amazon wish list.
I've bought this game twice already and I still don't think I ever finished it. Not doing it again.
markg wrote:
I've bought this game twice already and I still don't think I ever finished it. Not doing it again.

Same!
markg wrote:

And that is why you will never be the Champion of Cyrodiil.
Why didn't you finish it? Don't remember anything particularly difficult and the pull to see each new Colossus was... immense.
Zardoz wrote:
Why didn't you finish it? Don't remember anything particularly difficult and the pull to see each new Colossus was... immense.

Wanted to finish Ico first.
Zardoz wrote:

I think I might have finished it on PS2. Usually if I don't finish something it's just because something else came along and I got distracted.
Lonewolves wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Did you even manage that?
No. And now I've sold my PS3
Useless. You’ve squandered two of the greatest games ever made.
Fucking disgusting.
I bet you've not even shouted at Trico, have you.
Satsuma wrote:
Useless. You’ve squandered two of the greatest games ever made.

I sold my PS2 copy of Shadow of the Colossus without even playing it ;)

And I only played Ico for 30 minutes before doing the same..

If I ever get a PS4, I might get the remaster though.
I never finished it either. Just moved on before I got to the end.
Pundabaya wrote:
I never finished it either. Just moved on before I got to the end.

This is me and virtually every game ever.
You people don’t deserve Ueda.

Anyhoo, the remake has ADDITIONAL STUFF. Firstly, a The Last Guardian Easter egg somewhere on the map. Secondly, collectible GOLD COINS! Amazing. There’s rumoured to be 79 of them. Who gives a fuck. Apparently, it’s CURRENTLY UNKNOWN whether collecting them all does anything. I’m going to suggest that it doesn’t do fuck all; there’s certainly going to be no new collossi because fuck you.
I liked the idea of the games more than actually playing them. See also Dx Soulsborne
Just got an email from Playstation plugging this. Below the plug, they trolled me with "Horizon Zero Dawn is great, but have you tried these..."
Yup, still haven't finished HZD, but unlike all you dilettantes above, I will finish it. Then I may go back to Fallout 4.
Satsuma wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Did you even manage that?

Bet he didn't even make it out of the first village.
I might have moved on to the 360 at that point. I know I was playing the original Xbox more than the PS2 by then. I think I was about halfway through SotC and got a 360 and that was that. (I know for definite the SotC disk was in the drive when I unhooked the PS2.
The hunt for the 79 gold coins has got me bloody interested now. I think the people looking are up to 70 gold coins still. People saying that there might be a 17 collossi who may or may not be ... Trico!?

Frankly, I doubt it’s anything, but, goddamn, the mystery is pulling me in. Its definitely not a trophy though because all the trophies are known.
I got this for my birthday! I’m going to play it tonight when Darwin’s in bed!
Stay tuned for the post where I moan about system updates :)
Grim... wrote:
Turn it on now ;)

It’s ok, it’s normally quite fast. Darwin will be asleep with an hour now so then I’ll put it on and see what the damage is.
Dammit Russell, you just ruined my amazing joke which will now go unpublished.
Page 1 of 2 [ 76 posts ]