Bits and Bobs 48
**COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED**
MaliA wrote:
Foccacia to emerge from her pit to declare "It's morning time".

:D

Totally burned.
I try to get over the disappointment of my 8 AM lie-in actually being 9 AM by switching the alarm clock forward before I go to bed. I still don't feel like I get a lie-in.

We get the hour back in October! I'm already making plans to spend it wisely.
Extra hour at cottage!
We should copy King Edward VII's Sandringham time and have our time zone in Cottage so we can party harder in the evening.
I got up with the kids at 7:something & made Gaz coffee in bed and then we travelled for an age to sell one of Gaz's guns and then went to Jodrell Bank because Gaz hadn't been before.

I'm not sure we did Mother's Day correctly tbh.
Yeah, that sounds totally wrong! When did you cook Gaz's steak? What about his favourite beers, did you get him them? We all expect better from you next year.
I didn't cook Gaz a steak but I did pay for his meal at the pub if that counts?

Will try harder next year. :(
Hang on, I just want to circle back to "one of Gaz's guns".

WTF?
Jem wrote:
I didn't cook Gaz a steak but I did pay for his meal at the pub if that counts?

Will try harder next year. :(

We'll let you off JUST THIS ONCE

:kiss:
I hope Gaz pampers you on Arseholes' Day.
Read that as "pampers your arsehole today" which wasn't a weird mental image at all
Jem wrote:
Read that as "pampers your arsehole today" which wasn't a weird mental image at all

Just got weirder.
Cras wrote:
Just got weirder.

WTF is that poking up under that kid's armpit?
MrChris wrote:

WTF?

Sun's out, guns out.
For a moment I thought he had a hitherto-undisclosed butterfly tattoo, then I realised it was part of the strap on his bag.
Kern wrote:
For a moment I thought he had a hitherto-undisclosed butterfly tattoo, then I realised it was part of the strap on his bag.

Bag coordinates with bike, too.
Kern wrote:

At first, I thought this post related to the Pampers photo.
MaliA wrote:
MrChris wrote:

WTF?

Sun's out, guns out.

[insert joke about license to carry concealed firearms]
Kern wrote:
For a moment I thought he had a hitherto-undisclosed butterfly tattoo, then I realised it was part of the strap on

Oo-er missus.
Happy Birthday to Curio & NervousPete!

Giphy "curio's birthday cake":
http://media.giphy.com/media/OWgShk4zYuJMY/giphy-loop.mp4
Giphy "pete's birthday cake":
http://media.giphy.com/media/bymhzuf7XuuwE/giphy-loop.mp4
Happy birthday Andy & Pete :)
Happy Birthdays!

Are you guys Beteo's only identical twins or are there others?
Happies Birthday!
Zardoz wrote:
Happy Birthdays!

Are you guys Beteo's only identical twins or are there others?

Perkies and Dimrill.

Not that they're really here anymore.
Birthday Happies Beexers!
Aw, thenks - and thanks for the birthday text Kern!

And happy birthday Curio, manly hanshakes!

Tonight''s mission - fancy seafood pizza with all the calamari and Zero Degrees, and ale.
Happy Birthdays Pete and Curio
Happy Birthday guys! :)
NervousPete wrote:
Aw, thenks - and thanks for the birthday text Kern!

And happy birthday Curio, manly hanshakes!

Tonight''s mission - fancy seafood pizza with all the calamari and Zero Degrees, and ale.

Happy birthday.

You are clearly a man of impeccable taste.
According to the Oxford Mail and some press release they've printed, the most average place in Britain is....

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Didcot.
Might write a short travelogue of my Northern Irish excursion at some point but thought I'd share this moment with you, which told me a lot about the place.

When I was in Belfast the other week, a first floor lounge in the youth hostel overlooked a clubhouse for Glasgow Ranger fans. I was looking out of the window at the street scene and watched a uniformed bandsman walk out of that building. Two kids in the street saw him, dashed across the road, deliberately bumped into him from both sides, and ran off down a sidestreet with his hat.
I have recently discovered Pinterest. I have wasted hours on looking at model things on there.
Taking the kids to London for the first time for part of the Easter hols (Apr 10th-13th).

Are there any things we should definitely do - aside from the obvious museums / touristy stuff - that you guys would recommend?
Imperial war museum and HMS Belfast. There's a nice walk along from HMS Belfast towards London Bridge that has Hayes Galleria as a stop for lunch.

NHM obvs, but I won't insult you by suggesting it wasn't already on your list. :)
Jem wrote:
Taking the kids to London for the first time for part of the Easter hols (Apr 10th-13th).

Are there any things we should definitely do - aside from the obvious museums / touristy stuff - that you guys would recommend?

There's a moomin exhibition at the southbank that I'm off to this weekend, will report back on what that's like, but it looks good.

Story Centre in Stratford is also great, though I've never been during the school holidays. And it's in Stratford, which has little else to recommend it.
If your kids like knights in shining armour, Wallace Collection is awesome, and normally fairly quiet.
Climbing the 300-odd steps of the Monument might be a fun challenge for the kids.
Jem wrote:

Pitt Cue.
Grim... wrote:
Jem wrote:

Pitt Cue.

As curious as I am after the earlier twitter exchange, I don't think either of them would appreciate it :DD
Findus Fop wrote:
There's a moomin exhibition at the southbank that I'm off to this weekend, will report back on what that's like, but it looks good.

That reads so much like something to catch a random roaming Mimi that I was not sure it was true until i clicked it - Russ if she's not seen it you'll want to make sure she knows its on
Page 21 of 60 [ 2973 posts ]