Will AI spell the end of humanity?
No, it spells 'Ai,' stoopid
Steven Hawking says we're doomed. The Register had this article on the subject yesterday.

So, if many of our jobs will become automated in the relatively near future and, in this new utopia, loads of us won't need to work, what am I going to do with all that spare time, especially if they can extend my life beyond its natural span. Will we all become apathetics, as per Zardoz (the movie, not the esteemed member of this forum)?
Become apathe Oh, I can't be bothered
It's, 'I just can't be arsed.'

But if I can give up work and have a free personal robot that looks like Gemma Chan (with the 'adult' function enabled :hat: ) I'd be willing to give it a whirl.
You, Sir, need a BangdroidTM!
Cras wrote:

Ho bot.
Mr Russell wrote:
Cras wrote:

Ho bot.

No. Marketing decided that wasn't as good.
Bangsroids will stop all wars.
But will they stop all whores?
Also climate change. I think BangdroidsTM also fixed climate change. Or that might have been the multicoloured light-up breast implants.
Stephen Hawkins needs to shut the fuck up.

#TeamBlowBot
I for one welcome our new robot overlords and offer services in any way that will keep me alive and useful to the new regime.
DavPaz wrote:
I for one welcome our new robot overlords and offer services in any way that will keep me alive and useful to the new regime.

Yo gonna get minced
He'll be fine once he sprays himself green.

There's not enough blue.
Is this a Gabriel's horn situation?
NO NEED TO WORRY FELLOW HUMANS, ROBOTS WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO TAKE OVER WITHOUT YOU US KNOWING.
It wasn't *that* bad a film that it would end civilisation
Your time is up, Meat Sacks. Report to your local protein extraction plant for processing.
Just watched 'How to build a human' on Ch4, right after the first episode of the new series of 'Humans.'

The AI debate came up again, with differing views as to whether it'll be good, bad or fatal for us.

And fun to watch journalists interviewing the Gemma Chan robot on Skype, not knowing that it WAS a robot and not the real Gemma. Some of them were really not sure, particularly as it's answers improved as it gained experience.
That was first broadcast a week or two ago, and I thought it was good too.

It's probably on catch up I'd anyone else wants to see it.
In further old thread dredging (threadging?), I happened on this. Which reminded me to tell you all that I went to the new AI exhibition at the Barbican which was really excellent. Loads of interactive displays and a ton of interesting stuff.

Highly recommended.

https://www.barbican.org.uk/whats-on/2019/event/ai-more-than-human
As MrsA is now a decade and a year older than I am I got to thinking about mortality. "Supposing the technology became available, and I was able to upload my mind into an artificial construct, would you like me to do that, in case I died?" I said to her. I have major issues with this idea, not only the philosophical ones about it really being me, or not, but I don't honesty believe it would assist in the process of grief,more prolong the agony of talking to a not quite maliA in a metal cylinder. Attached to a speaker.

MrsA said "no" rejecting all my arguments in the grounds that she would find it quite insufferable.
Findus Fop wrote:
In further old thread dredging (threadging?), I happened on this. Which reminded me to tell you all that I went to the new AI exhibition at the Barbican which was really excellent. Loads of interactive displays and a ton of interesting stuff.

Highly recommended.

https://www.barbican.org.uk/whats-on/2019/event/ai-more-than-human

This does look ace
MaliA wrote:
MrsA said "no" rejecting all my arguments in the grounds that she would find it quite insufferable.

Would it really be that lifelike?
MaliA wrote:
As MrsA is now a decade and a year older than I am I got to thinking about mortality. "Supposing the technology became available, and I was able to upload my mind into an artificial construct, would you like me to do that, in case I died?" I said to her. I have major issues with this idea, not only the philosophical ones about it really being me, or not, but I don't honesty believe it would assist in the process of grief,more prolong the agony of talking to a not quite maliA in a metal cylinder. Attached to a speaker.

You could do a role play to try this out, just use that robot fancy dress costume again.
MaliA wrote:
As MrsA is now a decade and a year older than I am .

So you thought you'd slip in a suggestion that you're 29 and it would go unremarked, yes?
Space Piracy has had a withering effect on you.
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ]