Happy New Year !!
:luv:

Here's to 2016 every one. I hope you are all having fun tonight.

Happy new year and here's to an excellent 2016.

:excellent:
HNY everyone. A nice relaxed evening with wine and Mad Max on the tv for me.
Hope next year is a good one for you.
Happy new year! I sincerely wish you all find happiness and fulfilment! A big :luv: from me too!
Oh, and the one and only New Year Anthem:

Happy New Year everyone.
Happy new year to all
Happy new year everyone. We're seeing it in while watching Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter.

It's been a long and busy year with unexpected highs and lows. I'm sure 2016 will be along the same lines, but we'll get through it together.

I hope 2016 brings you every thing you dream of and more. Xxx
Merry Christmas!
Welcome to the world of tomorrow.
Right, I'm here now.
Doing my first fell run with a slight hangover, was not the best idea.
HNY to you all.

I think this Christmas/New Year period has been the calmest in the Warhead household for many years. Which was nice.

As usual, my only resolution is not to set any other resolutions.
I hope 2016 has not, so far, turned out to be a disappointment to everyone. Going well for me so far.

I spent New Year with friends in a cottage. As a way of killing time before the old year ended, I ran a quiz inspired by Curio's annual Cottage ones (the only question I stole was the Matt Damon one).

After midnight, we all wrote a challenge on a bit of paper and put it into a pot. Everyone then drew a slip of paper, returning it and re-drawing if they got their own. The idea is that all of us would complete our randomly-drawn challenge and report back on 31 December 2016. Bonus points will be given for creative approaches to the task.

I drew an easy one: read something on the Booker shortlist. The other challenges my pards drew were:

- Visit every country in the UK.
- Visit 26 places, one for each letter of the alphabet
- Recreate a historical event or journey (this one contained small print - 'if Kern draws this, the American Civil War is excluded')
- Take up a new hobby.
- Visit a new (to you) country.
- To take a photo of a street name beginning with each letter.
- Shake hands with someone less than 100th in line to the throne.
- Recommend your favourite book to a stranger in a bookshop. Bonus points if they buy it.
- Learn enough of a new language to have a conversation.
- Take a photograph of a place beginning with the letter Z.

I like the idea of a year-long game, and will be interested if others complete their assignments.
Sounds like you have a cool group of (other) friends.
Kern wrote:

Gonna be tricky.... http://www.britroyals.com/succession.htm
Kern wrote:
I hope 2016 has not, so far, turned out to be a disappointment to everyone. Going well for me so far.

I spent New Year with friends in a cottage. As a way of killing time before the old year ended, I ran a quiz inspired by Curio's annual Cottage ones (the only question I stole was the Matt Damon one).

After midnight, we all wrote a challenge on a bit of paper and put it into a pot. Everyone then drew a slip of paper, returning it and re-drawing if they got their own. The idea is that all of us would complete our randomly-drawn challenge and report back on 31 December 2016. Bonus points will be given for creative approaches to the task.

I drew an easy one: read something on the Booker shortlist. The other challenges my pards drew were:

- Visit every country in the UK.
- Visit 26 places, one for each letter of the alphabet
- Recreate a historical event or journey (this one contained small print - 'if Kern draws this, the American Civil War is excluded')
- Take up a new hobby.
- Visit a new (to you) country.
- To take a photo of a street name beginning with each letter.
- Recommend your favourite book to a stranger in a bookshop. Bonus points if they buy it.
- Learn enough of a new language to have a conversation.
- Take a photograph of a place beginning with the letter Z.

I like the idea of a year-long game, and will be interested if others complete their assignments.

Some of those are fascinating, others fiendish.

I love it.
I have done the favourite book one loads of times. In fairness, mostly to not actual strangers.
DavPaz wrote:
Sounds like you have a cool group of (other) friends.

You sound so bitter :D
That's a brilliant idea Kern and it sounds like you got off lightly! I may steal that to do with my friends.
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]