Amiga!
Hi. Does any one have a working power supply for an Amiga 1200 going spare? I dug mine out tonight and it just whines and clicks. Most disappointing.
Possibly. I'll have a look in the loft tomorrow.
I'd appreciate that. Willing to pay, natch.
I know there's a couple of commodore PSUs, but I can't remember what for.
The one I have is labelled as a 500/600 supply, if it helps
Sorry, I did look but it's a spare C64 PSU that I have. I've only got one for each of the Amigas.
That's fine, bud. Thanks for looking.

And so begins Project Make-an-amiga-PSU-from-an-ATX-PSU-from-a-Shuttle-PC or MAAPFAAPFASP for short.

Pics to follow
This looks like a job for Chinny.
There's someone selling adaptors on eBay for just over a tenner.
All done.

http://imgur.com/a/lvnZk

Only need to tape up the cables and see if I can fit it all back into the Amiga PSU casing.
Aaaaaand now I've ordered a ACA 1221 accelerator.

Sigh.
A computer game of Heroquest?

That'll never work.
Nice work Davpaz. :)

Don't have my 1200 any more sadly (that went in 2003). Still have my CD32, admittedly non-functional and only the Amiga Power coverdisc left to play on it.
Thanks man. If you'd shown 12 year old Davpaz the sweet setup that I now have, he'd have creamed his yfronts
So how are you connecting it to the TV then? It looks quite nice which ever way you're using.
TheVision wrote:
So how are you connecting it to the TV then? It looks quite nice which ever way you're using.

I've got an RGB scart cable that runs from the monitor port. It gives a very good image. It helps that I have a 4:3 LCD TV, I reckon
Anyone remember Granny's Garden from primary school on the old BBC Micro? Well, there's an Amiga version. Y'know, for the kids...
Just posted this to my Facebook Amaig group, but if anyone here was interested, you guys would naturally get first refusal.

For Sale.
Fully working Amiga 1200 with fully unlocked ACA1221 accelerator (28mhz, 64mb ram).
4GB internal compact flash card with Classic WB installed and lots of WHDload games.
3.0 roms.
Original Desktop Dynamite box with discs and manuals all present.
Amigakit NETPCM002 network adapter.
PCMCIA CF adapter.
RGB Scart cable.
Original mouse.
One C64 (I think) joystick. One Logic3 Action Pad AM.
PSU has been modified to contain a 120w Pico-psu and atx adapter. (picture shows midpoint of process. It's much neater now.) Necessary 12v power supply is included.
Case and keys are a little bit yellowed, but not excessively.
Looking for £250 plus postage. Collection is possible. Box is not in perfect condition, so would have to be contained in a larger box for shipping.
Please ask any questions about the machine you like. I'll post pictures of it running if necessary. Selling so someone gets the benefit of this fine machine that has served me well for a long time.
HOW FUCKING MUCH?

Is that what they're worth?
Also... How come you're selling it?
TheVision wrote:

Because it's worth £250
Hmmm, tempting. Fancy a Saturn in Part Exchange?
£5 and a packet of wine gums, final offer.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Hmmm, tempting. Fancy a Saturn in Part Exchange?

Saturn and £240 and it's a deal
Saturnalian wrote:
£5 and a packet of wine gums, final offer.

75p and a packet of Rolos. An unopened packet.
Malia's car , and most of a packet of fruit pastels (but no orange ones)
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Because it's worth £250

Fuuuck.

How much is a bare 1200 worth with a mouse?
Oh, and the sound doesn't work through the aerial - you have to use the stereo connectors.
And it might be in a tip and not my parent's loft.
Grim... wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Because it's worth £250

Fuuuck.

How much is a bare 1200 worth with a mouse?

In all honesty, around £100. The 1200 is easily upgraded, so quite sought after
I sold my fully working A1200 with 80Mb hard disc for about... £20? With a stack of boxed games (admittedly few still worked). That was in 2003. Regret it now, even though I hadn't used it since 1996, well, apart from a week in June 2001.
The accelerator card is a big chunk of the value, as it lets you play all the WHDLoad games from a hard drive.
Sell all your Amigas to me. I need more plastic wedges.
MrD wrote:

Deal. £250 it is
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but last night I downloaded a handy compilation including Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble and Parasol Stars for my CD32.

These games are brilliant. I love my CD32.
Poor cd32. Released at least a year too late and marketed by morons. How was it ever going to compete with the PlayStation?
I sold my A1200T with '060 accelerator and Mediator PCI interface (+Voodoo3) for £400 in 2003.

Get the impression I should have kept it, probably worth more than my house these days.
DavPaz wrote:
MrD wrote:

Deal. £250 it is

Eek! Abort, abort! It was joke... I don't even know what £250 looks like.
Have you used Amibay? I sold off my amiga stuff on there, all very easy.
JBR wrote:
Have you used Amibay? I sold off my amiga stuff on there, all very easy.

No, but I'm not getting any bites on Facebook so I might give it a go
DavPaz wrote:
Anyone remember Granny's Garden from primary school on the old BBC Micro? Well, there's an Amiga version. Y'know, for the kids...

I sat at a BBC emulator until I finished Granny's Garden, probably six years or so ago now.

The end is bastardly unfair. No wonder very few people bothered.

Quote:
The children have ben kidnapped, would you like to help them? y/n
>n
That's not very nice is it?

Should have trusted those first instincts really.

Wish I'd spent that time typing swearwords into PODD instead.
A live Amiga Power reunion(!), 21 April 2016, London N1. Cam Winstanley has already confirmed on Twitter that he is attending.

https://membership.theguardian.com/even ... 2226993536
Some other dude also going...
I insist that anyone who goes to watch does so in a Beex T-shirt ;)
Pretty sure that was an opportunity for a link, there
Can't remember it.
Page 1 of 3 [ 116 posts ]