Rocket League will be your favourite Bezzy Game [PS4/PC].
FACT.
I think it is out in August.
Quote:
The OFFICIAL Bezzie League: (join today!)
Skeptobot (me)

It's 3v3

(or 1v1,2v2, or 4v4).

You each drive a car. For some reason it feels dinky and little. Like an RC car. You guys like them right?

You are playing football.

The ball is a bomb, but that doesn't really matter.

You car has a rocket, so you can do sick jumps.

I played the beta (I think they have another soon, try and sign up maybe.)

I hate football.
I'm indifferent about online games.
I'm not into cars.
It's the best game ever.
what spec will my pc need?
Is it cross platform?
Yes, it's cross platform. PC and PS4 can play together. Although you can opt out if you dislike it apparently.

I've no idea the specs needed, I played on the PS4. It looks quite lush, but it isn't a AAA release by any stretch.
BRMM BRMM
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!

ROCKET CARS:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
That looks great!
Dr Lave wrote:
Yes, it's cross platform. PC and PS4 can play together. Although you can opt out if you dislike it apparently.

Should be an opt in... 'Do you want to play with spoddy PC cunts who will just witter on about resolutions and frames per second instead of playing the fucking game? Y/N'
They're bound to use lag switches.
Bobbyaro wrote:
That looks great!

It looks great, but it also looks like it could be damn tricky to control.
i will be buying a ps4 now
Downloading righht now.. Free psn game this month..
I'm totally going to download and then play this!

[service is down for maintenance]

Maybe another time.
The single player is super fun!
Will be up for this when my week of hell* is over

*being slightly busier than normal
This takes ages to find a game...
Combo of PSN being fucked and Rocket League servers overrun I think.

This is going to be like 1943 on the 360 all over again, by the time we can get a decent bezzies game running we'll all be bored of playing the SP.
I'm still bloody waiting to play my first match.

I'll try the SP.

Not the greatest start.
Hang about... This is THE TITS. Me likey.
Holy crap this is the best driving game I've ever played.
I just had a go on this. After an underwhelming 1v1 against a bot, I tried 3v3 bot match and had much more fun. Scored a peach while in reverse. And there's something immensely satisfying about the drift mechanic.

Reminds me of Wild Wheels, for obvious reasons. Though I seem to remember the ball sticking to your feet/wheels in that, while this is more like Kick Off. I can't remember if you had sticky feet in that either, but I never felt like i had control of the ball in it.
SEE. I TOLD YOU!

Never doubt me.
WHEN ARE WE PLAYING THIS!?
If I get this on PC, will I be able to get in on some bezzie action?
This really is a fantastic game and they are gradually sorting out their servers in response to the huge demand it has created.
Findus Fop wrote:
Reminds me of Wild Wheels, for obvious reasons. Though I seem to remember the ball sticking to your feet/wheels in that, while this is more like Kick Off. I can't remember if you had sticky feet in that either, but I never felt like i had control of the ball in it.

Kick-off was 'famous' for inventing the whole non-stick feet thing.

lasermink wrote:
If I get this on PC, will I be able to get in on some bezzie action?

Even though PC can play PS, you currently can't make a party between PC and PS players. I believe they plan to add it later. Hopefully at the same time as they fix the UK flag... (They've somehow managed to get many flags wrong. I don't understand why they just didn't at least consult wikipedia...)

I bought this from Steam the other day after seeing a thread about it as it looked great fun, but the server situation is ridiculous. "We underestimated demand". No shit! You were giving it away for FREE to all PS+ members!

Still: When the online is working it's great. It's a bit annoying when playing with retard that just chase the ball around and smack into people, but frankly the AI does that as well (and scores just as many own goals...)

But I watched some feed yesterday by this guy, who's meant to be the #1 rocket league player (he played the prequel and was in the beta) and it's pretty insane what he can do.
This is fun.

How do I do a handbrake turn?
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Square.

He was just asking a question, daddio.
This is pretty good. I just scored four with an assist in a 7-5 win 3v3 game.
Thames Global Internet Services will be thrilled.
I played this for the first time yesterday. It's great fun, gets super disorientating at times when the ball is super high and you've got the camera on the ball. But It's great fun.
I like driving around the walls. And jumping into things.
Curiosity wrote:
I like driving around the walls. And jumping into things.

Typical Villa.
I actually love this game. Anyone up for some Bezzie action tomorrow night?
Future Warrior wrote:

Played this for the first time tonight, only get back at though. Even Mrs W likes it!
krazywookie wrote:
Future Warrior wrote:

Played this for the first time tonight, only get back at though. Even Mrs W likes it!

9 o'clock in the even time is when I get back. Is what I meant there
krazywookie wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
Future Warrior wrote:

9 o'clock in the even time is when I get back. Is what I meant there

Sounds good!
Got back a bit late didn't see you on soz :(
It's good fun this, though my performance seems to vary widely. Some games I'm always at the wrong end of the pitch, and others I do a good impression of someone with a clue.
I struggle with the height of the ball and always jump too soon. I can't use the free camera very well either. It's ball cam all the way for me. In real life too.
Having played a full 27-game season on Pro difficulty I can now give you some thoughts.

First off all it is a seriously fun game. The car handling is good and arcadey. I've only played a few online 3v3 games but the net code seems solid. The AI is prone to ridiculous own goals (although I have been guilty of one or two also), but for the most part puts up a good challenge. I finished the season firmly in mid-table with a 12-15 record, but I did win five of my last seven games, so I think I was improving throughout.

Things that let it down:

The camera. The free cam is not great - I started off using this but soon switched to the ball cam. The only problem with the ball cam is sometimes you can't see where you're going or which direction you're facing after a big smash. I can see this game really suiting a VR headset so you can look around the arena freely while still being able to snap your head forward again to orientate yourself.

Too many times my own teammates took the ball off me in a shooting opportunity and messed it up too - this is quite frustrating.

If you quit to the main menu it sometimes changes your AI teammates - annoying when you've called your team El Banditos and your teammates are Poncho and Bandit.

All in all it's a fantastic game - we really should try to get a 3v3 game going sometime soon!
I can be a sixth of a six!
Me too, now we need to find a half.
I'm an indeterminate fraction
Good news is there's leader boards in the extras tab :)
I am amenable to being on the losing team.
Page 1 of 11 [ 512 posts ]