Mothers Day
Now twice the work
After feeling pleased with myself that I had dispatched a card and flowers to my mother in good time, I asked my wife what she wanted to do at the weekend

She replied that we should be going out for meal with our 21 month old son for mothers day, and that she expected a card from him (obviously sorted out by me)

I was a bit surprised as for father day I don't expect anything from our son until he is old enough to do something himself, anything done by my wife would not really mean that much to be honest.

So frantic searching for suitable meal venue has now stated :DD
D'uh!

Obviously you are the proxy buyer of gifts from child to mother until the child is old enough to help buy gifts (which you'll still fund). This is true for all occasions: birthdays, Christmas, Mother's Day.

Did you not do anything for her 'first' mother's day, last year? What about Mother's Day when she was pregnant, hauling your unborn child around in her womb? Surely that deserved a meal, gift and flowers? Tut!
Mimi wrote:
D'uh!

Obviously you are the proxy buyer of gifts from child to mother until the child is old enough to help buy gifts (which you'll still fund). This is true for all occasions: birthdays, Christmas, Mother's Day.

Did you not do anything for her 'first' mother's day, last year? What about Mother's Day when she was pregnant, hauling your unborn child around in her womb? Surely that deserved a meal, gift and flowers? Tut!

I got a card last year! Not sure I did anything when she was pregnant though :facepalm:
I've got a beer festival on Saturday night then I need to be out with my family for lunch for Mother's Day on Sunday; that's going to be utterly delightful.
Mimi wrote:
D'uh!

I wish you'd been proxy buyer for me Mimi, I feel I've missed out >:(
Never used to be all that bothered about Mothers Day. Until I got nothing, and then I'd be all like: ONE DAY OF THE YEAR!! $^*"!&%*%^"*!(!(&$&$ !)*$%%^&

Mr. flis reminds the kids, then they remind him they have no money :D So he takes them shopping. Which is nice for them because they all go for coffee and cake and hang out, and nice for me because, y'know, presents. Last year they brought me breakfast in bed too, which is always a winner.

I think getting babies to paint a picture or scribble in a card is quite a nice way to get them involved when they're too young to do much else. Maybe take them to one of those beauty shops with the pick n mix section and get them to pick out bath bombs or whatever else. Then, when it's hideous and stinky, you can say the kid picked them and it'll be all good!
The key thing is there isn't the same expectation around father's day though. I coudn't give a Castlemeine whether I get a card or not. Mrs Me is very good at getting the kids to do me cards though.
Quote:
Never used to be all that bothered about Mothers Day. Until I got nothing, and then I'd be all like: ONE DAY OF THE YEAR!! $^*"!&%*%^"*!(!(&$&$ !)*$%%^&

That was the same with my mother in law, for years when we first started going out my wife always said that her mother wasn't bothered, then over the years my mother in law heard that I had got my mother flowers and so had my brothers etc. Now she expects the same :D
Mothers Day is second only to Valentines day for "Let's all go to the pub for lun OH WE CAN'T BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T BOOKED AND IF THEY HAVE TABLES THEN THE FOOD WILL BE SHIT".

Mothers - needy fucking cunts.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Mothers Day is second only to Valentines day for "Let's all go to the pub for lun OH WE CAN'T BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T BOOKED AND IF THEY HAVE TABLES THEN THE FOOD WILL BE SHIT".

Mothers - needy fucking cunts.

:DD
I should buy a card or something, I guess.
Now booked in for Saturday with my sister in law and niece for lunch.

Surprisingly my wife was happy to arrive at 12pm which means no afternoon nap for our son, she is a bit of a stickler for his naps normally.
If you’re close with your mum, don’t forget to send her your love today. If you’re stuck for words please take some inspiration from my sister, who sent these beautiful words to my mother today.
Well, she should stop lying about her.
That asfish guy was a character, wasn't he?
Satsuma wrote:
Well, she should stop lying about her.

Oh, the spelling and grammar are atrocious, but that aside, “we’re glad you’re still in our lives” makes it sound like she for some reason almost wasn’t. It’s a bit... odd. Sinister.
DavPaz wrote:

I've just read his post to some friends... They were astounded!
DavPaz wrote:

This is probably the thread where he was least offensive.
myp wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

This is probably the thread where he was least offensive.

I must have missed a lot, unless I am also missing a joke. Does he not post here anymore?
Not unless he's morphed into a sock puppet.

Maybe he drowned in one of his multiple ponds
I'm sensing a touch of bad feelings.
Erk..... I have two ponds, although one is mostly just sludge as it's been neglected for some time (since before we moved in) and the other one is mostly enjoyed by the dogs when they want to cool off. There are some frogs that live nearby, and I like hearing them croaking (although it's more of a popping 'BOP' than a 'ribbit' sound).

Mothers day is on a different date out here to the on ein the UK, and each year it comes as a surprise and leads to a rush to get flowers arranged for my mum.
Sir Taxalot wrote:
Erk..... I have two ponds, although one is mostly just sludge as it's been neglected for some time (since before we moved in) and the other one is mostly enjoyed by the dogs when they want to cool off. There are some frogs that live nearby, and I like hearing them croaking (although it's more of a popping 'BOP' than a 'ribbit' sound).

Mothers day is on a different date out here to the on ein the UK, and each year it comes as a surprise and leads to a rush to get flowers arranged for my mum.

[Vote: Sir Taxalot]
Was it the pond thing or the mothers day thing?
Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ]