What colour is this dress?
Well?
Er... Kind of gold and ivory?

It might be white in a different light, I guess.

(The first time I typed "white" I typed "wight" - WTF?)
Is that made of... rubber? Where were you shopping.

(Blue and black. Or blue and brown)
Saturnalian wrote:
Blue and black

8)
Is this anything to do with todays XKCD ?

** edit ** - i can see the same dress image in the middle so it obviously is - I just dont understand it
Grim... wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
Blue and black

8)

Popcorn.gif
Wait, this is all that's on my Twitter feed, too. What the fuck is going on?
Oh. People be cray cray.
Grim... wrote:
Oh. People be cray cray.

People? You mean people who see the wrong colour? Like you?
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Oh. People be cray cray.

I am building a new society as we speak.
Are you a blue and black weirdo?

[edit]@ Gaywood
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Oh. People be cray cray.

Oi! Leave him alone, you weird Blue-Blacker.

White-Golders uber alles!
I've just realised I'm a white-gold supremacist.

*kills self*
I have been ostracised by the designers at work for saying that I see it as blue-black in that picture, but as white-gold in the other picture with the shark pasted over the top.

Now everyone thinks I'm more mental.
Never mind the colour, it'd look totally awesome on me. :DD

Shame it's fifty bloody quid!
Future Warrior wrote:
I've just realised I'm a white-gold supremacist.

*kills self*

White/Gold here too! Now you must really hate yourself ;)
I'm assuming it's just as much about the colour optical illusion, as it is about the quality and angle of your LCD screen.
Is this (on the right) what you white/gold nutcases are seeing?

http://i.imgur.com/CvEixZ9.jpg
And here's, apparently, the real dress or might be the dress.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/we ... .nbRzQv08k

Anyway it's black and blue.
I'm waiting for the inevitable Twitter backlash when all this is revealed to be some subtle viral campaign by a sinister megaglobal corporation.
Saturnalian wrote:
Anyway it's black and blue.

Bah.
Saturnalian wrote:
Is this (on the right) what you white/gold nutcases are seeing?

http://i.imgur.com/CvEixZ9.jpg

Nope.
Blue and goldish
The idea that anyone would see it in the original picture as anything but white/gold (slightly underexposed due to potato phonecam) boggles my mind utterly.
Bamba wrote:
The idea that anyone would see it in the original picture as anything but white/gold (slightly underexposed due to potato phonecam) boggles my mind utterly.

:this:
Good God. You're grown men.

And it is *clearly* blue, FFS.
Those who see it as white / gold, do you see it as white gold on the actual product page too, or is it just the dodgy photo?

http://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/invt/70 ... Royal-Blue
Jem wrote:
Those who see it as white / gold, do you see it as white gold on the actual product page too, or is it just the dodgy photo?

http://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/invt/70 ... Royal-Blue

That isn't even remotely similar.
I'll take that as a no then.
Yeah, the dress on the website is clearly black and blue. The dress in the picture is clearly white and gold.
Trooper wrote:
Yeah, the dress on the website is clearly black and blue. The dress in the picture is clearly white and gold.

This is how it appears to me as well (although I accept that's not the case). The question has split my team pretty much 50/50 here at work with both sides being outraged at the other team; awesome stuff.

Someone on the Reddit thread said that he could see it as blue/black if he took his tablet into a dark room and viewed the image there so I'm going to try that when I get home and see if it makes a difference.
Bamba wrote:
Someone on the Reddit thread said that he could see it as blue/black if he took his tablet into a dark room and viewed the image there so I'm going to try that when I get home and see if it makes a difference.

Friday nights, Bamba-style!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesish/help-a ... vw3aB8kDK0

Almost 2 million people have taken the poll so far. 72% say it is white/gold. In that picture. Which it clearly is.
Grim... wrote:
Bamba wrote:

Yep, it's the exciting lifestyle I lead! To be fair I'm only having a quiet night in tonight because tomorrow I'm going to this and then out to get very drunk.
Bamba wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Bamba wrote:

Yep, it's the exciting lifestyle I lead! To be fair I'm only having a quiet night in tonight because tomorrow I'm going to this and then out to get very drunk.

Fuck,Yeah!
How on earth are you people seeing white or black. I don't get it.
Trooper wrote:

You're brainwrong. I'm still convinced this white/gold thing is an exceptionally large scale windup.
Bamba wrote:

Most excellent!
Will you ask if you can 'be' Goro?
to be technical, I would say it's violet, at the bluer end of that colour, or cooler, temperature wise. The lace trim, or whatever it is, is blackish.

I'm bemused that people can see this as white and gold. Every image I've looked at is a variation on the above colours. I'm going to assume it's a gamut issue on monitors, or people are wearing glasses with very mild colour altering coatings.
DBSnappa wrote:
I'm going to assume it's a gamut issue on monitors, or people are wearing glasses with very mild colour altering coatings.

Looks the same on my phone and work monitor, also the same colours glasses on and off. White and gold.
Cras wrote:
Trooper wrote:

You're brainwrong. I'm still convinced this white/gold thing is an exceptionally large scale windup.

2m people polled, I think that proves the blue/blackers are the weirdos
At a push, I could be willing to say that the main dress material is a very light blue. However the lace is categorically, 100%, without a shadow of a doubt, gold.
Trooper wrote:
Cras wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Yeah, but we're the right kind of weirdos.
Trooper wrote:
Cras wrote:
Trooper wrote:

While that's as may be, the dress actually /is/ blue and black, so...
Cras wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Cras wrote:
Trooper wrote:

While that's as may be, the dress actually /is/ blue and black, so...

Weirdo.
I seem to get blue and white mixed up all the time!! :)
Page 1 of 4 [ 177 posts ]