No Man's Sky

From Hello Games, the studio that made Joe Danger.

I know they've staffed up (I think from 4 to 8 ) since they made Joe Danger, although that might be out of date info now, and this is supposedly just made by a team of 4.

No platforms announced other than "Next gen" so far, at a guess it's probably coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC.
First reason has been added to the 'should I buy a PS4 yet' list.

That looks like what Elite IV should be. Oh my.
Is Elite Dangerous not living up to your expectations, Lave? I'm proper excited for it.
If I'm honest, I've not really been paying attention. I've kickstarted it. At some point in the distant future they will give me a copy (which I will have to work out a way to play), but anything I read about it is just spoilers.

I want to go in as blind as possible.
That looks like it could be superb.
Only a team of four, fingers crossed they get it made. Looks amazing & very elite like.
Consider my jaw dropped. Is it single player?
That looks fantastic!
Sandworms.

(Ooh. First time I used that.)
NervousPete wrote:
Sandworms.

Yes but they only happened once, ever in the universe. Arent they going to be really hard to find?

(that said, SQUEEEEE and take my money and so on)
This looks damn impressive, especially given the size of the team, but it does nothing for me. What do you DO? Shoot lasers at baddies, other ships, rocks? Does it have a story or is it a pretty tech demo? Mind you, I could never get into Elite and the like; never enough story or atmosphere to keep me entertained.
Apparently the goal is to get to the centre of the universe. But it won't be that simple.
Santanalian wrote:
This looks damn impressive, especially given the size of the team, but it does nothing for me. What do you DO? Shoot lasers at baddies, other ships, rocks? Does it have a story or is it a pretty tech demo? Mind you, I could never get into Elite and the like; never enough story or atmosphere to keep me entertained.

As a child, what did you make of sandpits or Lego?
As a child, and into games, I liked The Last Ninja on the C64. I loved the palace gardens most of all. The music, the solitude, the twee waterfalls, the story of revenge for the fallen clan and kicking someone's face in with nunchucks. I also enjoyed trips to the seaside and staying in caravans with the family. I also loved slotting chunky ten pences into Final Fight. I also liked to sketch pictures. I also enjoyed ... [etc etc, until everyone is bored].
Ahh, last ninja. The worlds most famous run off a cliff backwards simulatorathon
If it's not 1080@60 then I'm not interested.
Not heard confirmation of whether it will have buildings in it yet.
This looks amazing but also far too far off for me to bother getting excited about.
markg wrote:
This looks amazing but also far too far off for me to bother getting excited about.

Move a bit closer to the screen.
I must confess I don't see what all the excitement's about. I watched the video and there were spaceships in it (which, granted, is a good thing).
It's the scope and scale of it. The dots in the sky are stars that you can fly to, not some bitmap up there, you can get in a ship and fly right out into space, out of that solar system and to others. Basically all the same things that make me wonder how long it might be before we get to play it or if it will ever get finished at all. I love the art direction, though. Chris Foss, proper scifi.

What was that other space game that there was an amazing trailer for a year or so ago. The one that one bloke reckoned he could make in his spare time? Did it ever get finished?
Alpha testers of E:D are reporting the same is true with that - stars you can see in space can all be flown to given enough time. Impressive.
All I can think of when I hear that is Spore.
Update on whats happened to them since the flooding

http://www.hellogames.org/2014/01/the-flood/
New trailer from E3 yesterday. Looks incredible.

Now confirmed for PS4 (first, I think) and PC.

Story of No Man's Sky
I thought they weren't doing that. Tut.
I suspect they'll be little to know game there. Just explore, but not interact.

To be honest, I'll take that.
All the planets appear to be the size of the Isle of White.
Mr Chrimblefur wrote:
All the planets appear to be the size of the Isle of White.
just far away.
I have just read about this and seen the trailer.

<gibber>
Now is not the time to be married with a child.
MaliA wrote:

When is the time?
June 2016. Should fit in after Fallout 4.
Ramsea wrote:
MaliA wrote:

When is the time?

Not sure.

All we know for certain is, "Not yet".
Not reading one MaliA post, eh?
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

In fairness, it wasn't vintage MaliA. I have hit that tricky third album stage where I want to explore new ideas, but the crowd just want me to belt out the hits so everyone can go home happy.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

He put a specific date on it. A schoolboy error that needed correcting.
Yeah, but $60? It better be epic.
lasermink wrote:
Yeah, but $60? It better be epic.

GOING TO BE AWESOME
via lewie's site it's 40
http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/multignzk4 ... o-mans-sky

(ah you were talking dollars.. i guess this is a bit less useful then)
Apparently it has been delayed or something.
Aye, officially delayed until August now.
*sends death threats to the journo who broke the story*
LewieP wrote:
Aye, officially delayed until August now.

That means it will be more awesome
Page 1 of 7 [ 302 posts ]