Community
The TV show
So Community has been renewed for another season through 'Yahoo Screen' whatever the hell that is.

Note: there's some historical chat about the show in this thread.
Was the most recent one any good? I gave up halfway through four (I think).
What are the women like?
American Nervoso wrote:
What are the women like?

Naggy.

AMIRITE, LADS?

OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH
American Nervoso wrote:
What are the women like?

Well Annie is aces best, britta pretty but not as hawt :)
Grim... wrote:
American Nervoso wrote:
What are the women like?

Naggy.

AMIRITE, LADS?

OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH

Grim... wrote:
Was the most recent one any good? I gave up halfway through four (I think).

It's been patchy for a while, the good episodes are still really good and the bad ones are pretty 'meh'. It averages out to be worthwhile for me and I still enjoy it enough to make it solid second-tier* TV.

*Lightweight shows you watch over dinner that you don't need to concentrate on as opposed to first-tier stuff you watch properly in HD in the living room.
People watch TV when eating?
MaliA wrote:

Sometimes in the bedroom.
MaliA wrote:

Shocking isn't it?
American Nervoso wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Sometimes in the bedroom.

<shudders>
MaliA wrote:

Beans on toast at MaliTowers
Looks more like the contents of Stinkpants's nappy.
The good episodes are very funny, but found them to be a bit thin on the ground for the last couple of seasons

That said I always laughed the most at Chevy Chase's character the most
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Beans on toast at MaliTowers

Like you'd have that with a white.
Why do we have a new Community thread?
DavPaz wrote:
Why do we have a new Community thread?

I think it's to discuss the various merits of the female cast.
We don't have a new Community thread, we have a Community thread. The other one wasn't a Community thread.
Community is fucking brilliant, nigh on constantly. I love it. Chevy Chase is awesome in it. And Troy and Abed's post credits things are really, really good.
Love what they did for season 4. Genius.
MaliA wrote:
Community is fucking brilliant, nigh on constantly. I love it. Chevy Chase is awesome in it. And Troy and Abed's post credits things are really, really good.

Man, this dropped off in season 3 onwards.
Just started watching this. Very good so far!
I think I gave up around the end of S3 too.

Shame, because it started off so well.
We were the same. It is a shame, because it was so excellent.

Has anyone made it into the most recent series? My brother stuck with it and said after an awful season it did pick back up, though not sure whether to the level of the first two seasons.
Series 6?

I watched series 5 and it was like getting out of your car to look at the deer you just hit writhing on the ground begging to be shot. That feeling.
Lovely, lovely Britta
That bad? Ouch.
Cras wrote:
Lovely, lovely Britta

No more film on your tea.
Cras wrote:
Lovely, lovely Britta

Nah
Dan Harmon (creator / head writer) was very hands on for the show and was 'fired' at the end of Season 3

So Season 4 was made without him at all and it did poorly , he complained about it and I'm not sure exactly why but they agreed to re-hire him for Season 5

Season 5 got 'better' although after having something chucked off the rails as much it was hard to get back on track
Cras wrote:
Lovely, lovely Britta

Don't let's start this again.
zaphod79 wrote:
Dan Harmon (creator / head writer) was very hands on for the show and was 'fired' at the end of Season 3

So Season 4 was made without him at all and it did poorly , he complained about it and I'm not sure exactly why but they agreed to re-hire him for Season 5

Season 5 got 'better' although after having something chucked off the rails as much it was hard to get back on track

This is something inline with what my brother was saying. I might pick it back up again at some point, but there is so much great TV we have to get through at the moment. Haven't started the new season of House Of Cards yet, because we've been watching The Wire with lovely, lovely Idris Elba (don't tell Russell, but I think he is my new TV crush alongside Dr Alice Roberts - my 'type' seems to be hard to define, though
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
he died in the show yesterday, so obviously I now hate the show. Poor Stringer. :(

Anyhoo, Chevy Chase left, didn't he? Did he come back? Also, doesn't Dan Harman also play the dean?
Grim... wrote:
Cras wrote:
Lovely, lovely Britta

There's no argument to have. You lot can queue round the block for sloppy ninths on Annie, I'll have Britta to myself.
Cras wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Cras wrote:
Lovely, lovely Britta

There's no argument to have. You lot can queue round the block for sloppy ninths on Annie, I'll have Britta to myself.

Fuck off to the other thread if you want to start this shit! >:(

:kiss:
Cras wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Cras wrote:
Lovely, lovely Britta

I am so very conflicted over this.
Mimi wrote:
Anyhoo, Chevy Chase left, didn't he? Did he come back? Also, doesn't Dan Harman also play the dean?

Chevy left (although has apparently been open to come back for one off episodes) , Troy also left part way through last season (which is rough because Troy and Abed together is great - Abed by himself does not work as well) , and Shirley is not returning for this season :-(

And no - the Dean is the Academy award winning Jim Rash (he won for screenplay not for acting)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Rash
Ah, I see! Oh, that's interesting, and I hadn't realised that Troy had left. Yes, troy and Abed were much of the reason i watched the show - I can't really imaging Abed without Troy. Aw, that's a shame. I guess things can't stay sttic, but it looks like a lot of the reasons I so enjoyed watching for are now no longer there.
Loved this show, but the last season was not that great. Will probably give this a look though
I'll give it a go but it looks like the show could be past its sell by date now.
Series 4 is fucking awful, feels like the writers didn't understand the characters or the appeal of the show. The final episode isn't so bad, but the rest of the series is unwatchable.

Particularly the episodes where:
Jeff meets his dad, and the one where it is revealed that the study group weren't just a random group of people thrown together who then became a family.

These to me seemed to go directly against the spirit of the show. Horrendous.

Series 5 it got much of the charm back, but had a few too many filler episodes where it was just a silly adventure and the story didn't really progress. Then lots of decent but not incredible housekeeping episodes dealing with cast changes and such. Then it was over. Felt like they wasted a bit of time when it was such a short series.

I have decent hopes for season 6 (they even got a dude from The Cape in the main cast!), but we'll see. I nearly threw up when Abed said "Bazinga" in the trailer.
Quote:
The Greendale Community College study group is back together to benefit World Central Kitchen and Frontline Foods (wck.org/community). Sit back, relax, and get your giggles in as the cast reads Season 5, Episode 4: Cooperative Polygraphy.

Page 1 of 1 [ 43 posts ]