PS4 confirmed
That's what they're calling it
And the stream I was watching has died on its arse. It's 2013!
Gametrailers for a solid, HD stream folks!
It's a fucking PC ffs.

roffle it even uses Havok. You couldn't make this shit up !
Havok has been used in console games for years!
MaysLanding wrote:

:facepalm:
WTB wrote:

And it's been used in PC games since 2000.
Oh boy!

Anyway, PS4!
They've announce PS4 Smartglass, PS4 WiiU, PS4 Facebook... and they've just said something about PS3 games not working with it but they might be available from the cloud.
Dimrill wrote:
MaysLanding wrote:

Sadly, you couldn't make this shit up either, hey?
Mr Dave wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
MaysLanding wrote:

Sadly, you couldn't make this shit up either, hey?

Yay here he comes again.
They're going to talk about games now on the stream I'm watching.. Hopefully there'll be something good!
I'm not using a console that has Speedtree! It's like a PC for kids! PCs used Speedtree before the dog came to school.
Oh man, can't stop laughing at that one. I must MUST make a Golden Belm Award dimlie.
Gah, I've got to go to bed, leave comments about shiny shiny for the morning!
Has the controller been shown?
Saturnalian wrote:
Has the controller been shown?

Yeah, it's just like the mock-ups. Sort of elongated in the middle to accommodate the touchpad.
Ooh, will take a look at the pics tomoz. And The Last Guardian?
Space marine game and a driving car game? HOW FUCKING ORIGINAL
When the guy doing the Drive Club presentation started going on about "Fibre Direction Maps" I lost the will to live.
Knack looked potentially good. Killzone, Nerdy Driving and inFamous 3, not so much. Christ, I'm bored.
Facking hell. Killzone 3 was one of the worse games I've played in yonks; turgid uninspired rubbish. KZ4 better have something more than pretty graphics to make me want a PS4.

Sony need to announce 2 things to make me want it now: The Last Guardian and a new LocoRoco. I bet those dicks won't do neither.
Blow's The Witness is PS4 exclusive. Looked extremely pretty. Potentially great, not enough to buy the console though.

I also have a feeling they're not going to reveal the box itself.
3D sculpting with the Move controller.. :facepalm:

That's me done. Bed time.
Totally not worth it.
WTB wrote:
Blow's The Witness is PS4 exclusive. Looked extremely pretty. Potentially great, not enough to buy the console though.

Not the case, it's just releasing on PS4 first. Will definitely be on PC too.
ShopTo have put it up for pre-order at a modest four hundred. You can order it through the PC first.
MaysLanding wrote:
WTB wrote:

And it's been used in PC games since 2000.

WTB wrote:
Oh boy!

*chortle* This is especially delicious as the first recorded game using this third party physics engine was London Racer on the PS2.
So to summarise...it seems to be based on PC Architecture, the Bloomberg report this morning began with "It's a PC" and then blithered on about social media and the controller for five minutes without mentioning games once. It will not be backwards compatible but users will be able to purchase old games (possibly) from 'The Cloud' (which I assume means 'Marketplace'...and Sony's marketing people should really be moving on from 2010)...and there will be some games released for it, some of which are continuations of existing franchises.

/EDIT: Oh and in the whole 2 hours of the presentation never once showed the new console, give any pricing details or release details that it was going to be available for the 'Holidays' of 2013 but neglecting (from the info I've seen) to mention where exactly it would be available.

Nothing there is particularly enmoistening. Rather wholly underwhelming and slightly depressing.
Sounds like a cell out to me.

*winks *
I couldn't be bothered stopping up last night, but it looks ok to me so far.

I bet we don't get it till 2014 in the uk.
A show the console, show the awesome new games for it, say how much it is. Three simple tasks they completely fucked up. And the controller's still the same shit one I used in 1995, more or less.

Glad I missed most of the conference playing Halo.
I'd expect more details at E3, to be honest. This is just a taster confirming that it exists and it'll be this year. If you're an American or Japan person.
I hope it's good, if for nothing else, to keep the ecosystem going. Two there always are. That is natural law.
Ah, it's in here, sounds awesome!

Malc
Will you be able to take the underpants off in the next gen Elder Scrolls?
No, but on the PC version someone's made a mod where you can choose an Underpant Gnome race at the character creation screen.
So the new controller is the old controller with more junk crammed up its rectum.

I think I probably like that they've ditched Move and shoved it onto the game pad, since the tech was supposed to be decent, but I can't see me swinging the controller around like a light sabre (or whatever).

I couldn't get a decent look at the triggers though, but they better sodding sort them out. From what I could see they still seemed a bit dumpy and wide, but I couldn't really tell.
Dimrill wrote:
No, but on the PC version someone's made a mod where you can choose an Underpant Gnome race at the character creation screen.

A PC version? Like a Mac version but for scrubbers you mean?
Zardoz wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

A PC version? Like a Mac version but for scrubbers you mean?

No, no. PCs are too highbrow for you. They're like consoles, but for adults who have brains and are awesome. They use Speedtree.
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping, past the minutes on it's face?
And the world is like an apple, whirling silently in space?
Like the circles that you find, in the windmills of your mind?
Same old crappy controller. Check.
Sequels to the same old shitty games. Check.
A bit better graphics. Check.
More Move shit. Check.
The chance to pay again to play games you already own. Check.

I am so thoroughly excited!
Saturnalian wrote:
So the new controller is the old controller with more junk crammed up its rectum.

I think I probably like that they've ditched Move and shoved it onto the game pad, since the tech was supposed to be decent, but I can't see me swinging the controller around like a light sabre (or whatever).

I couldn't get a decent look at the triggers though, but they better sodding sort them out. From what I could see they still seemed a bit dumpy and wide, but I couldn't really tell.

Eurogamer has a nice gallery of pictures of the new controller. I am warming a bit to it, I must admit – my main concern is the position of the analog sticks.
So, controller looks more confortable than the previous one, but may well be too small and still has the primary control method in a stupid place. And I suspect the touchpad will be shit and have dafyvwaysvto cram it into unsuspecting games.

Games are still too early to comment on (and theyre unlikely to talk about many of the games that are upcoming anyway)

Gone for a more standard architecture so security may be *ahem* a bit intetesting. Certainly a security failure could stand to be much more costly for them.

Overall, about as lacking in information as one would expect at this stage.
Any word yet on swappable faceplates?
I assume that what will happen is that we'll all buy the Xbox 720 and Bezzie action will continue as normal. Ergo I will label anyone who buys a PS4 as a "splitter". :attitude:
Page 1 of 52 [ 2598 posts ]