Being Excellent in.... Liverpool!
Details in First Post
Let's do this! The confirmed dates are the 10th and 11th of March, 2012.

Saturday 10th March 2012
We will meet from midday in The Shipping Forecast in Liverpool for drinks, eats and merriments. This will be our base. We need not camp there all day, but I'm not a law laying down type of guy, so we'll go with the flow.

P.s. Please ignore talk of Catton Hall in the thread. That idea has been nixed as impractical.

Sunday 11th March 2012
Sunday, as always, is made for relaxing. Relaxing in my own personal 200 seat cinema, natch. We will meet sometime around noon I expect and settle in a for a few hours of big screen high definition cinema.

Current suggestions for movies include:
    The Bill and Teds
    Alien/s
    Jurassic Park
    Annies Anal Adventure
    They Live
    The Thing!
All suggestions are welcome, but please be aware that time is finite and I am not God. Sorry.

List of Confirmed attendees (shout up if you want in or out)
    DavPaz and Mrs DavPaz
    throughsilver
    flis and Ramsea
    Goddess Jasmine
    Craster
    Grim...
    Malabelm (and Mrs Malabelm?)
    Plissken
    Kalmar
    JBR + 1

Shaky Maybes
    Malc
    The Vision
    Gilly and Jen
    DocG and Danielle
    The Albino Kid
    MaliA

Some Hotel Details
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Around the Albert Dock is the place to be as far as hotel go, it appears...

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Liverpool-Albert Dock‎
Britannia Pavilion, Albert Dock
Liverpool L3 4AD
0151 702 6369

Jurys Inn Liverpool Hotel‎
31 Keel Wharf
Liverpool, L3 4FN
0151 244 3777

Just over the road from Albert dock is a cluster of hotels.

Hotel Ibis Liverpool‎
Wapping
Liverpool, Merseyside L1 8LY
0151 706 9810

Hotel Formule 1 Liverpool City Centre‎
25 Wapping
Liverpool L1 8LY
0151 709 2040

Campanile Hotel‎
Chaloner St
Liverpool, Merseyside L3 4AJ
0151 709 8104

Hampton by Hilton
7 Hurst Street
Liverpool, Merseyside L1 8DA
0151 702 6210

Or, if you're feeling flash...

Hilton Liverpool Hotel‎
3 Thomas Steers Way
Liverpool L1 8LW
0151 708 4200

Away from the Albert Dock, how about #availability_target" class="postlink">The Lord Nelson? Or perhaps, The Liner?

This link has a list of short stay apartments if you're feeling more group friendly

Some shots of the theatre.
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
For those that have missed my previous pimping of my theatre BTW, here's a picture...

And one of the screens (note fire door for scale purposes)
Where would saturday night be spent?

Malc
In!

throughsilver wrote:
In!

Ramsea is out.
Malc wrote:
Where would saturday night be spent?

Malc

The details are up for discussion, but I reckon I'm safe in saying 'Liverpool'
I guess a provisional in!

Malc
In, and a massive vote for quad biking too! :D
Malc wrote:
I guess a provisional in!

Malc

There's loads of cheap hotels around, we paid 58 sponds for the Thistle. I'd say we'd be flying this time...
My problem would be that it's a 6 hour train journey, and I'd need to hotel friday and sunday nights too, which also means time off work on friday and monday! plus its £130 on the train, plus (from what you are saying) £150 for the 3 nights, plus whatever fun we get up to on the Saturday! Looking at almost £500!

Malc
Provisionally on, but I'll skip the quad biking.
In.

flis wrote:
In!

Out.
Malc wrote:
My problem would be that it's a 6 hour train journey, and I'd need to hotel friday and sunday nights too, which also means time off work on friday and monday! plus its £130 on the train, plus (from what you are saying) £150 for the 3 nights, plus whatever fun we get up to on the Saturday! Looking at almost £500!

Malc

Yeah, that's a lot.... :S I think we'd I'd need to do Friday night too, it's only a 20min flight though so I wouldn't need any time off :D
Malabelm wrote:
In.

flis wrote:
In!

Out.

You gonna shake it all about too...?

Cunt.
Provisionally in... Other stuff permitting but I too shall pass on the quad bikes. I just don't trust the things.
flis wrote:

You gonna shake it all about too...?

Cunt.

For you, anything*.

*Nothing at all.
Malabelm wrote:
In.

flis wrote:
In!

Out.

Get in, you bast.
flis wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

Yeah, that's a lot.... :S I think we'd I'd need to do Friday night too, it's only a 20min flight though so I wouldn't need any time off :D

Either way, I might try and do this, although another potential spanner in the works is the fact that Pauline works nights on Sunday, so either she needs to book that night off, I organise for her sister to visit, or I get back for about 17:00 (which would mean missing the sunday fun)

Malc
throughsilver wrote:
Get in, you bast.

In.
£60 on the train from Bedford.

Cheaper to drive, then.

Probably in, and I'll give lifts to anyone who wants to come from London.
Right, seems to be some interest. I'll work on nailing down some dates and details. Like what movies to watch.
What movie pls?
When is this? Also, what time?
Potentially in. But would only be in if transport could be shated. (i.e. I'm neither driving that distance nor getting a damn train)
Worth keeping an eye on Liverpool groupon vouchers for this, there's one on there at the moment.
TheVision wrote:
Provisionally in... Other stuff permitting but I too shall pass on the quad bikes. I just don't trust the things.

You should. They're amazing. I had a go this year for the first time and was annoyed when the time was up despite being apprehensive beforehand. Great fun and surprisingly easier to control than you might think.
I can get first class return for £38. Yessss.
kalmar wrote:
What movie pls?

Can we plug a 360 in?
Also, the Catton Hall course has a number of long sprints over rolling hills where you get up some serious speed.

And some jumps
Grim... wrote:
kalmar wrote:
What movie pls?

Can we plug a 360 in?

Of course.
Grim... wrote:
kalmar wrote:
What movie pls?

Can we plug a 360 in?

Still not enough room for Kinect if that's what you're thinking.
Mr Dave wrote:
Potentially in. But would only be in if transport could be shated.

Ok I'll fire you out of my anus.
Sounds a plan... Mrs Kov loves quad biking...
Mr Russell wrote:
Great fun and surprisingly easier to control than you might think.

Unless you can ride a motorbike, then it is all completely ass backwards and nonsensical. :)
MaliA wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Unless you can ride a motorbike, then it is all completely ass backwards and nonsensical. :)

The quad bikes are automatic IIRC.

Besides quad biking is just an option. If people want to do something else, or skip it and go straight to the drinking/eating/drinking then that's cool too.
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

The quad bikes are automatic IIRC.

It's the steering and things like that. I was trying to countersteer the quad bike, and, also, weight the front wheels to get it to turn, which wasn't working on a rear wheel drive quad. Basically, trying to ride it like a motorbike. To turn a motorcross bike, you basically drop it down a gear, bring your weight over the front axle and pin the throttle. Turning a quad bike is quite the opposite, but I kep trying to do it the way my body thought was 'right'. Thankfully, the guide, afterwards did say "You ride motorbikes, don't you? Yo've got to do the opposite of what you think". Which was nice of him to tell me at the fucking end. Wanker.

To add insult to injury, it was on a day out for MrsA's ex's birthday and it was the first time I'd met him, and after a bit, I was bringing up the rear of the girls group.

DavPaz wrote:
Besides quad biking is just an option. If people want to do something else, or skip it and go straight to the drinking/eating/drinking then that's cool too.

Not at all, I'll be meeting up with you later on, anyways. Sorry if I appeared to be being neg over it.
I can ride those. I had a go of a 6 wheel forestry one too once, tried to make it do a jump and broke it.
For those that have missed my previous pimping of my theatre BTW, here's a picture...

And one of the screen (note fire door for scale purposes)
*does excited dance*

Can we watch Star Wars a New hope... would love to see the open scene on that screen..
Oh and one from last year's world cup (great crowd)

KovacsC wrote:
*does excited dance*

Can we watch Star Wars a New hope... would love to see the open scene on that screen..

I reckon we could. It depends on the group, natch.
Not bothered about the whole film, the the Blockade runner bit....
I have preliminarily selected a pub (I know, check out my organisation skills, innit?)

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-shipping- ... -liverpool

The Shipping Forecast allows you to book tables in advance, has proper beers and is well chilled, blud.
That looks cool!
Theatre is (provisionally) free on Sunday 4th March.

How's that for a date?
DavPaz wrote:

How's that for a date?

Ok, but you're only getting to 2nd base. Maybe 3rd.
flis wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

How's that for a date?

2nd base is my favourite anyway.
DavPaz wrote:
flis wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

How's that for a date?

2nd base is my favourite anyway.

It's her most visited.
Page 1 of 11 [ 514 posts ]