Green Man Music Festival
And t'others...
Hey hey, anyone going to a music festival this year? I've just bought my ticket for the Green Man festival which is nestled in the beautiful Brecon Beacons. It's a pretty good one, medium sized so not too many people and everyone who goes tends to be lovely. Pieminister stall as well. It's on around August 21st and I am desperately praying for good weather since it pissed it down the previous two times. C'mon weather gods, cut me some slack, man! Don't I worship you in my own meteorlogical nerdy way?

http://www.greenman.net

Anyway, thought this would be a good thread for people to drop in and say what festivals they were off to, if any, for potential meet-ups. Also reminiscy-packages of past events, such as any time I drink an entire two-thirds of a box of wine on a Saturday night of any-festival, fall asleep, wake up having missed the evening's bands and then run around drunk in the bushes playing at Band of Brothers in my head.
Glastonbury,
Indietracks,
Shambala,

Probably one of the ATPs.
I've heard Josh T. Pearson is meant to be excellent live.

I'm not going to any festivals this year unless I somehow come into money. Really want to go to the Jeff Mangum curated December ATP festival.
I'm going to Tinkers Rucksack 2011 festival.

Very much an audience participation event.

There will be hardcore Ukelele action.
Runcle wrote:
I've heard Josh T. Pearson is meant to be excellent live.

I'm not going to any festivals this year unless I somehow come into money. Really want to go to the Jeff Mangum curated December ATP festival.

Oh wow, that's news to me. I'd love to go to that too.
Alas, no festivals for me this year. Planning to go to Glastonbury in 2013 though, and possibly to one next year with the baby in the Summer.

Possibly Camp Bestival...
Not really a music festival, but if my pal gets into the RAF this time round he's pulling a sicky from his current job & we're heading to the Fort William World Cup to celebrate.

I'm also waiting to hear if they want me to marshal at Tweedlove (a week of bikes, booze & music) but will be heading down to party & race dual slalom anyway :metul:

Proper festival wise it will probably just be Belladrum & that motorbike festival thing again. Small, chilled & varied.
Zardoz wrote:
I'm going to Tinkers Rucksack 2011 festival.

Very much an audience participation event.

There will be hardcore Ukelele action.
I'm going to attempt to learn to play my tin whistle before then so Baz will have to play everything in the keys of D, G & Em :DD
My band Three Chord Malone has just been confirmed for the Endorse It in Dorset festival for the weekend of 12th-14th August 2011. Get yourself down there, if you fancy it. Lots of good music and its popularity is growing year-on-year. I played in a duo with my Uncle last year and it was great.

http://www.endorseit.co.uk/
I'm going to see the Glee show, same thing, no?
If I could make it to Tinkers Festival I would want to bring many instruments and perform badly.

Could I do this in lieu of walking everywhere, as frankly walking is shit.
myoptikakaka wrote:
My band Three Chord Malone has just been confirmed for the Endorse It in Dorset festival for the weekend of 12th-14th August 2011.

Fantastic!
myoptikakaka wrote:
My band Three Chord Malone has just been confirmed for the Endorse It in Dorset festival for the weekend of 12th-14th August 2011. Get yourself down there, if you fancy it. Lots of good music and its popularity is growing year-on-year. I played in a duo with my Uncle last year and it was great.

Bellend. You should have told us that before the date was set for BEEXBQ.
Craster wrote:
myoptikakaka wrote:

Bellend. You should have told us that before the date was set for BEEXBQ.

To be fair, I only found out yesterday that we were definitely playing.
I'm off to Green Man!
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]