Rev Owen
RIP
Terrible news about Owen. It will need its own thread, but I don't want to say it's the case. but Twitter has the worst news possible.

You can read there, but as Patience will probably need all the thoughts we can send on in the coming time you can read there. Owen has passed away.
Wogan'sTrouserBulge wrote:
Fuck, sorry to hear about Owen - I hope he turns out alright :(

I'm afraid not. Apparently they couldn't bring him back, and he has passed away.

I'm just ...
What do you say at a time like this...?
What, is that true? Or am I misunderstanding? Please, explain because I am not wanting to comprehend what is written here.
Fucking hell.
FUCK F U C K
I don't fucking believe this — this, I'm just lost for words

So so sorry for Patience and Owen's family
Good lord. What DB said. I feel sick.
Just heard the news. Very, very sad indeed.
Seriously? Patience's Twitter feed hasn't updated for me since the tweet about them saying cardiac. I sincerely hope that's not true.
Zio wrote:
Seriously? Patience's Twitter feed hasn't updated for me since the tweet about them saying cardiac. I sincerely hope that's not true.

Patience and Meems are friends, I don't think Patience has been tweeting.
DBSnappa wrote:
Zio wrote:

No, quite. Shit.

I appear to have attempted to type something several times, but I keep deleting it. Don't know what to say really. I need to go out now but I'll be back later... maybe as a forum we should do something? Even if it's just to send some flowers Patience's way.

Owen was such a lovely bloke...
Yeah I think everyone is stuck in the reply screen repeatedly typing and deleting, because there really is nothing we can say. :( It fucking sucks, big time, and I definitely think we ought to organise something!
Wogan'sTrouserBulge wrote:
Fucking hell.

I can think of nothing useful add so I'll quote that for agreement. Stuck at work again but bugger it.. this stuff can wait, I'm going home.
The very least we could do is split this out so people who don't read BnB can be informed. :(
myoptikakaka wrote:
The very least we could do is split this out so people who don't read BnB can be informed. :(

seconded
I can't believe, I've had to read and reread things because I feel as though I can't possibly be seeing what I think I am. I can't imagine what Patience is going through, send her our love Mimi. Xxx
DBSnappa wrote:
Zio wrote:

Yes, so so sadly it is true. It is impossible to know what to say. Metalousie (I think a couple of you know her) and another knitting/twitter friend are on their way to her now.
I can't believe what I've just read.. its terrible news.. my thoughts are with the loved ones.

Really don't know what to say....
Owen RIP I'll miss you :(
Just got in from work and Joans told me the news. That's really really awful, such a stand up guy.

Thoughts go out to Patience and the family of course.

Sad day. :(
Just stunned at the news. My most sincere condolences to Patience and the family.
Terrible news. Dunno what to say. It's hard to take it in when it happens so fast.

I always say that internet message boards are just words on screen, but behind those words are real people with real lives. I have no idea if there was an underlying medical condition or indeed if it was out of the blue.

Something needs to be done at a forum level. A collection for some flowers, I dunno. Something so we can at least say he was one of us.
Rav have started a fund for her where you can make a donation.

http://wewantmoregoats.chipin.com/patiences-love-fund

Dunno what else to do really. I think Mimi knows her best, so maybe can direct us? (Not wanting to put anything on you Meems, just thought you know her better than anyone on here) :(
Owen was saying he had a chest infection the past few days, I was joking with him yesterday that he had passed it to me & now he's gone :(
Jesus. He honestly was one of the nicest guys I've met. So, so gutted for his family - what a terrible time they've had this year.
What the fuck? He was only a bit older than me.

Absolutely awful :(
So sad. Mimi, please let Patience know at a suitable moment that if there's anything we as a community can do, she just has to ask.

Splitting the thread out now.
I've known Owen for about 12 years now, on various usenet groups and in here. Maybe we could have a forum like wake where we remember him fondly and recount amusing anecdotes of our encounters with him over the years. Once I get my head clear I'll give it some thought.
Hopefully we can set up a small collection for, I don't know, some flowers, something else? Patience is a lovely girl and very delicate, and it would be nice to let her and his family know that he will be so dearly missed by people.

@DBS, yes, sorry, my head is too fogged to be practical at the moment, but hopefully we can arrange something in the coming days.
Like Dave, I knew Owen for more than a decade. I'm just... Jesus. Patience, if you read this, I am so, so sorry for your loss.
We should do something to mark someone who seemed a genuinely great chap.. although I never met him in person, he was one of us.
Thankyou for making this into its own thread. I obviously knew when I posted that it needed its own thread, but didn't want to make one because somehow it made it too real.
Of course. Do edit the title if you feel something else is more appropriate.
I totally agree with that. The support and strength I have recieved from people on this forum has been immeasurable and Owen was part of that. It shows how good people are here when they are all taking their time to write a message about what has happened even though it is hard and even though it hurts. I'm glad we had a chance to know Owen and I hope Patience knows how much we all feel this loss and all send her our love.
I still just can't believe it. Just so sudden.

How old was he?
Curiosity wrote:
I still just can't believe it. Just so sudden.

How old was he?

37 according to his profile. So young.
Currently there is a chip-in fund started via the ravelry folks here which is raising money to help bring patience's mum over here to be with her, but we can work out something separately if that would be better. I don't know.
So saddened to hear this terrible news. Never met Rev Owen in the flesh but like so many on here I have known him for years. As others have said he's one of us and we need to send our collective respects in some form. Deepest sympathies to Patience and their families. Rest in peace mate.
*bangs head on desk*

@millarca's twitter feed is gut churning :(

In the top .000000000000000000000000000001% of cool people on the internet, he was.

For fuck's fucking sake.
I'm just speechless. The guy was a wonder.

I check inverty.com everyday...

I don't know patience bar Rev Owen's loving comments but my thoughts are with her.
I think we should hold some kind of memorial at the weekend.
Glyndwr just came into #digi to tell us. Probably hadn't really been in touch with Rev in an absolute age, but he was oldskool digi kru.

All I can think is... well... Shit...

RIP, Duder.
Has anyone broke the news to other places he frequented? He was active on rllmuk, wasn't he?
There's a thread over on there, yes.
I told the guys on Ravelry, which is probably Patience's largest internet presence, that I had linked to the fund here wanted to let folks know that the fund is now over $1000, as they think a couple of folks may have come from here. We co
Dr Lave wrote:
I'm just speechless. The guy was a wonder.

There just aren't the words. Known Owen through UGVM for, well, forever really. We've followed each others' game diaries for almost as long. He offered me kind words and advice during a particularly traumatic part of my life. I feel utterly empty even though we never met in person, so I can't begin to imagine what Patience is going through.

My thoughts are with you both.

John

http://www.nelefa.org
gospvg wrote:
Owen was saying he had a chest infection the past few days, I was joking with him yesterday that he had passed it to me & now he's gone :(
Aye, it's weird to think that less than 24 hours ago we were winding each other up :(

I met Owen once, he had a cool hat & beard. He was also lovely :)
I can't join you guys at the cottage this weekend but if anything else is arranged in memory of Owen I'd certainly like to be a part of it. I've also never met him but I've known him from WoS.

I do think we should do something though, he was one of us.

The stupid thing is, on the way to college this evening I just kept thinking about his castle and all his stuff in Minecraft! I think going back to Beexworld will seem really weird now.
Page 1 of 8 [ 368 posts ]