This forum
err, good that we are properly hosted and stuff, but err. weren'twe going to have a poll for the same, didn't we have to decide which forumsoftware to use? and who is paying for this (grim...?) and what does that mean for our anarchy collective?
We were going to have a poll on mods, I think a hosted forum was taken as read.

Plus we can legally charge for this one.
Dudley wrote:
Plus we can legally charge for this one.

And we are. Your Paypal accounts have been debited accordingly for every ten words. I'm hoping Titler comes back, I need a new stove.

There will be polls still, and stuff. But a move was needed, since WoB was never intended as a 'serious' forum and stuff. It's all good.
CUS wrote:
I'm hoping Titler comes back, I need a new stove.

:D
If there is one thing I miss, it's the amusing 'sub' title for each thread.
Yes, let's have a subtitle please, daddy?
Nope.
You'll just have to be funny in your post.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=278064

Subtitle plugin. Unfortunately it's for PHPBB 2.0 and this is 3.0. Will it still work? There isn't a plugin for 3.0 yet.
I'm sure the mods can make it work......if not, they'll have HELL TO PAY.
Good work chaps, I like this particular software and theme :)
A new theme would be nice. This is far too silvery for half-awake reading.
Hello

Yes, it's a bit passive in here. Your eyes slide off the words and into a silver lake of dreams.
It's pretty much the same colour as WoS, though. What does everyone suggest theme-wise? Obviously we need something work-safe.
Bright pink and gold.
Well, keep this one as the default, but add some alternatives in there as well. This is much lighter than WOS, and a bit hard on the eyes.
We need the following:

Quick Reply
Subtitles
IPB themes
Quick Reply
An obvious, easily clickable link taking you back to General Discussion index. Something like the title banner.

Code:
Nice to have the code tag though - fixed-width shenanigans a go-go
Whomper wrote:
We need the following:
An obvious, easily clickable link taking you back to General Discussion index. Something like the title banner.

I was about to echo this, but then I noticed a link at the bottom of the page, where it should be (on account of most people end up at the bottom of a given page before returning to base, as it were). That'll do for me!
Whomper wrote:
We need the following:
Quick Reply

We already have that. Click the "[show] post a reply" title at the bottom, and a quick reply appears.
For what it's worth - a forum I 'run' uses PHPBB, and I got bullied into adding so many plugins that I ended up breaking the forum completely.

EVERYONE CALM DOWN.
I would like the moon on a stick added to this forum. And gold fucking plated stick at that.
I would like a stick-on moon.
I want links to open in a new window or tab.

And Alyson Hannigan washed and sent to my room, natch.
Use what you're given, you whinging bunch of gits!
Grim... wrote:
Use what you're given, you whinging bunch of gits!

We are using our verbal skills to whinge. F U.

No, really, cheers though. I don't get what the fuss is about - it's pretty much the same as the other ones. Seems a little more cluttery but that's most likely just unfamiliarity, and it's not a problem either way. Also I have my fonts set to enormous as I'm sat quite far from the monitor, which probably doesn't help.

Still vote for pink and gold, though.
Quick reply was added days ago!
Mr Dave wrote:
Whomper wrote:
We need the following:
Quick Reply

We already have that. Click the "[show] post a reply" title at the bottom, and a quick reply appears.

A bit of experimentation reveals that this works in Camino (Firefox in Maccy pants) but not Safari, where "[show] Post A Reply" doesn't appear at all. Damnation.

I wasn't meaning to sound like an arse, that was an act of grace. Good job on keeping the forumy-torch burning.
Whomper wrote:
A bit of experimentation reveals that this works in Camino (Firefox in Maccy pants) but not Safari, where "[show] Post A Reply" doesn't appear at all. Damnation.

Ahh! Now it's appearing. I feel old, and baffled by technology.
I can't see a quick reply option either.
It only appears on the last page of a thread, to stop you adding a reply if there are more to read.
Can you turn off the 'seeing signatures on every post' thing somehow? With this?
Yeah, it's in your profile under 'display options': ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view
Plissken wrote:
I want links to open in a new window or tab.

And Alyson Hannigan washed and sent to my room, natch.

Does your mouse not have a middle button? If not, use the ctrl-key when clicking links. If you don't have a ctrl-key then there's nothing BETEO could possibly do to help you, please leave.
Without the subtitles I'm doomed! Doomed!
I can't find an option to change the number of posts per page. Am I being dim?
why does the c.om go the old forum and the .com /forum to the new one?
Because there was a cookie problem when visiting here with .co.uk so I imagine by doing this it just makes you use .com for now...right? Right? RIGHT!?
.com will point here eventually, Grim... has changed it but it takes a few days for the whole internets to catch up.
Why does the Super-Fast-Reply box only appear if you're on the last page? :( Why should I be forced to read things?! I want to make ignorant , half-informed replies!
i think we are in need of an online gaming subforum.. so many threads going on about this..
Quote:
Why does the Super-Fast-Reply box only appear if you're on the last page? Why should I be forced to read things?! I want to make ignorant , half-informed replies!

http://chat.dailymail.co.uk/dailymail/index.jsp

And you're home.
Now I =know= I did say you need to be prepared to ignore all of the whinging when swapping forum software but is there any chance you can re-enable the prosilver theme? No need to make make it the default theme or anything but it'd be nice to have the option to skip thus subsilver2 much ;) :D
Grim... wrote:
It only appears on the last page of a thread, to stop you adding a reply if there are more to read.

I still can't see it (but I may be being a complete fool). This is the second page of a two page thread, at the very bottom:
Click "Show" next to "Post a reply". I think.
Yup, that's it. Took me a little while to notice it was there.
Oh! I have it now. Oh well, I don't blame myself, that was easily overlooked but thanks, guys.
I'll have a look at the subtitle plugin over the next couple of days if I get time.
That really is well hidden.
Page 1 of 4 [ 155 posts ]