Sentric Digital are spammers - AVOID
A note from the admins: Hello, arrivers from Google. The below is a post advertisting something irrelevant to this forum that was posted by Sentric Digital, a new-media marketing firm whose principle weapon in promoting your goods is spam like this. I would urge you to think twice about hiring them, because it's risky to associate your company with such underhanded business tactics.

If you read on through this thread, you will see several further posts from the Sentric Digital employee who posted this message, where he attempts to defend his actions (without ever actually apologising, you might note, apart from an insincere and passive-aggressive "I'm sorry to have put you out"). The facts of the matter are, he found a link to our site somewhere else, and had signed up and posted his content within less than three minutes. He made no efforts to scan our content to see if his advertising was relevant (it is not). This is spam, pure and simple.

Thank you for your time. The original content of this message follows.

Quote:
Has anyone on here been to Camp Bestival before? It’s an award winning family-friendly festival in Dorset that offers something for everyone and they’re currently running a competition to win tickets for all the family (2 x adults and up to 3 x children weekend camping passes).

The weekend promises proper 50s-style holiday camp thrills a plenty for kids of all ages. Bestival Bluecoats will mobilize the merriment (led by madcap comperes The Cuban Brothers), and festival goers will also be treated to world-class spoken word, arts, literary and comedy line-ups, as well as great DJs & the best music acts such as Madness, Friendly Fires, The Human League, George Clinton & Funkadelic, Calvin Harris, Chipmunk, Bill Drummond/The17, Annie Mac, Bily Bragg and Lee Scratch Perry.

There’s also gourmet food stalls like The River Cottage Cafe & farmers markets. Plus 100 free things for kids to do including seeing The Gruffalo live on stage.

For more information and to enter the competition click [url=DISABLED]HERE[/url]
How does Beex feel about revealing the email addresses of spammer signups -- particularly social media dickwads who think it's an ace idea to astroturf their shit on our doorsteps, eh, Liam Flanders, of Sentric Digital?
I thought mods were preapproving signups? If not, what are you doing all day?
We have a no-robots thingy but it doesn't work (blame Grim...) and it doesn't stop humans anyway.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
How does Beex feel about revealing the email addresses of spammer signups -- particularly social media dickwads who think it's an ace idea to astroturf their shit on our doorsteps, eh, Liam Flanders, of Sentric Digital?
I think it could lead to a bit of entertainment.
Vote:Go Ferret!

EDIT: Now that I've investigated Sentric Digital's website, we should send him a wee present to thank him for his contribution ;)
Alternatively, we could all go to Camp Bestival and when being thrown out for swearing, drinking and scaring children (and not having any of our own), tell them Liam Flanders, of Sentric Digital said it was just our sort of gig.
I read it as 'Camp Bestial'.
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
I thought mods were preapproving signups? If not, what are you doing all day?

Pre-approval loses you signups from people who can't be arsed to wait for approval. Also - you were a mod. Did you not notice that there weren't any signup approvals?

I'm most concerned that someone thinks that we are the target market for a family-friendly 50s-style camp in Devon.
Fucking hell. That's a very evil company.
Camp Bestival, I see what they did there.

Maybe we could have a Camp Bessieval.
Nemmie wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6037
Craster wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6037

It's not a camp without tents. Having camp people attending doesn't count. ;)
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Just email address? The home page of Sentric Digital offers his email address, office location, phone number, mobile number, and blog address :DD
Curiosity wrote:
Stupid Flanders!

He is god damn sexy, though.

We should all be forced to use our real names! That would stop it.
Does he blog on his Tumblr? Maybe he has a podcast to download off of his blog. What's his Geocities address?
How do you know he isn't just a genuine new Beexer who thought that turning us on to an award-winning weekend for all the family might make a good opening gambit?
I prefer Bostin Val anyway.
Craster - then the missing step in pre-approval was asking "are you a spammer?"

I thought you guys pre-approved for a while after one of the Great Unpleasantnesses?
Yeah, for a while.
Do you think he found us via UptoJump.co.uk?
Craster wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6037

Fuck you! That's in a house.

Link to the Tinkers Rucksack meet! Or ELSE!

Plz
Malabar Front wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Stupid Flanders!

He is god damn sexy, though.

Nothing at all.... nothing at all... nothing at all...
I know someone who has been to bestival and loved it.

And now thanks to this spammer they'll never go again. WELL DONE A+++
In fairness to the Bestival folk, that spamcunt was linking to some touristy website or something similar (didn't click, just read the URL) so whoever's paid him was probably nothing to do wi' the festival.

EDIT: Turns out I'm talking shite. I'd parsed campaign as camping in the URL, by the looks of it the Bestival lot have hired those Sentric Digital spamcunts :(
Hmm maybe I'll reduce that to A++ then. My lowest award ever.
I'm talking to them on Twitter. They're claiming it was "relevant" content (a phrase often bollocks-ed around in web marketing circles) and that I should email them to discuss the "issue" further. I'm not emailing them.
Why would you email them when it's more entertaining to lambast them in public? Idiots.
I think that's the idea!
Quote:
proper 50s-style holiday camp thrills aplenty

Rationing! Polio! The looming threat of nuclear apocalypse!
Squirt wrote:
The looming threat of nuclear apocalypse!

It's one of those things you don't realise you'll miss until it's gone.
Wow, if I realised posting a link to a competition to win tickets to a festival would ruffle so many feathers I would have thought twice. I take the point of nobody on here being interested in Camp Bestival - fair enough - but in an attempt to justify posting, I always search for threads that relate to keywords and from Google discussions I found a post on here where someone was saying they were off to the green man festival which is a similar vibe to Camp Bestival. I don't make a habit of pushing irrelevant stuff, it's not worth it, as your reactions show.

Also, the competition has the backing of camp bestival and it's all above board.

Sorry to have put you all out. I'll make a note not to bother here again.
CC001 wrote:
Wow, if I realised posting a link to a competition to win tickets to a festival would ruffle so many feathers I would have thought twice.

Would you bollocks.
Have you ever thought of doing something less evil for a living? Maybe, vivisection?

Do you wake up in the morning like a normal person, or slither through to our dimension from a haunted mirror?
CC001 wrote:
Wow, if I realised posting a link to a competition to win tickets to a festival would ruffle so many feathers I would have thought twice. I take the point of nobody on here being interested in Camp Bestival - fair enough - but in an attempt to justify posting, I always search for threads that relate to keywords and from Google discussions I found a post on here where someone was saying they were off to the green man festival which is a similar vibe to Camp Bestival. I don't make a habit of pushing irrelevant stuff, it's not worth it, as your reactions show
Grim..., get the hit logs out and trace this guy's IP. I want to know how much time he spent looking through our content before deciding his spam was relevant.
Grim... wrote:
CC001 wrote:
Wow, if I realised posting a link to a competition to win tickets to a festival would ruffle so many feathers I would have thought twice.

Would you bollocks.

I'm never going to convince you otherwise so I won't waste either of our time trying
While he works, CC001, how long did you spend? How many pages did you look at?
To be fair, he/she/shim sounds convincing to me.

He/she/shim is not a Paul Carr by any stretch of the imagination. A sad man with a worthless career, but not a bad person.
Hey, you're a cocksucking marketeer cuntswab of the lowest order, spam king.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
CC001 wrote:
Wow, if I realised posting a link to a competition to win tickets to a festival would ruffle so many feathers I would have thought twice. I take the point of nobody on here being interested in Camp Bestival - fair enough - but in an attempt to justify posting, I always search for threads that relate to keywords and from Google discussions I found a post on here where someone was saying they were off to the green man festival which is a similar vibe to Camp Bestival. I don't make a habit of pushing irrelevant stuff, it's not worth it, as your reactions show
Grim..., get the hit logs out and trace this guy's IP. I want to know how much time he spent looking through our content before deciding his spam was relevant.

I didn't spend any time looking through your content I found a link through a google discussions search for the green man festival and a post on this forum came up
CC001 wrote:
I didn't spend any time looking through your content I found a link through a google discussions search for the green man festival and a post on this forum came up
So how did you know it was relevent to our content? Based on one mention in one thread, you just assumed? And yet you think you were making a decent effort to not "push irrelevant stuff"?

I'm going to contact your clients.
CC001 wrote:
Sorry to have put you all out. I'll make a note not to bother here again.
Hahahahaha. Spamcunt comes round, shits all over the place & then goes in the huff when we take the piss.

10/10 for flouncing!
CC001 wrote:
I take the point of nobody on here being interested in Camp Bestival - fair enough - but in an attempt to justify posting, I always search for threads that relate to keywords and from Google discussions I found a post on here where someone was saying they were off to the green man festival which is a similar vibe to Camp Bestival.

I'm interested. I like its vibe.
I think it's awesome you're arguing your point here. Awesome. Fantastic. Keep it up!*

*The longer he spends arguing with us, the less time he spends spamming other places.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
CC001 wrote:
So how did you know it was relevent to our content? Based on one mention in one thread, you just assumed? And yet you think you were making a decent effort to not "push irrelevant stuff"?

I'm going to contact your clients.

I can't argue with that point, and in hindsight I should of paid more attention to what was going on here but I'd like to point out that the worst the would of happened to anyone by following the link and heading to the Bestival Site would be they may of wound up winning a trip to camp bestival
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
CC001 wrote:

Attachment:
foo[1].txt

So, a quick glance reveals you first arrived at 14:49 and 26 seconds, started signing up 19 seconds later, posted 1 minute and 30 seconds after that.
Page 1 of 6 [ 256 posts ]