Bargains, Bargains, Bargains!
Cheap!
myoptika wrote:
Dudley wrote:
Hey look everyone, it's that £17.99 price a bunch of people were waiting for on Katamari!

Sold!

Me too! Hurrah!
LewieP wrote:
Grand Theft Auto 4, Xbox 360 - £34.99 delivered

quick!

FLFY

Edit : Damn you CUS!
Man, I fixed it straight after, gimme a break.

:S
Er. It's still broken, sir.
hush you.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
. :luv: .
Link or not, I have ordered it.

Many thanks, LewieP!

The same site also has the Super Smash Bros Melee Brawl Fight Club Fun Kick Game Thing on pre-order for 29.99 - that sounds bargainlicious too... is it?
Thanks, if you have a digg account, it would be fantastic if you would digg it.

(I am pretty new to the whole digg thing, is specifically asking for diggs considered bad form?)
Don't know if any of you guys use Twitter, but if you do, you can now use it to get all the SavyGamer deals sent to you via Twitter. This means, if you want, you can get them sent you you via email, the twitter page, instant message, or even SMS text should you so choose.
http://twitter.com/LewieP
You even get my random musings thrown in for free!
LewieP wrote:
Thanks, if you have a digg account, it would be fantastic if you would digg it.

(I am pretty new to the whole digg thing, is specifically asking for diggs considered bad form?)

I have neither Digg nor Twitter, I'm afraid!
You are so web one point zero.
Find me an incredible xb360 deal, LewisP :hat:
Release the bargain hounds! :hat:
Premium?

Any games in particular?

Edit: woof.
Yes and no, respectively :)
CRACKDOWN sorry reflex.
Hows this?

I can't have a proper look now, doing some uni work that is in tomorrow, but I will have a btter look over the next few days if you want, but there won't be anything much better than that I think.
LewieP wrote:
Sony PS3 40gb - £218.49 delivered

Very tempting, but I'm going to hold out for another 8 months.
LewieP wrote:
Hows this?

I can't have a proper look now, doing some uni work that is in tomorrow, but I will have a btter look over the next few days if you want, but there won't be anything much better than that I think.
Nice one, thank you kindly sir :hat:
£10 off GTA 4 when bought with a 360 at amazon, too.
LewieP wrote:

If you don't have it, you'd have to be incredibly foolish not to go for this one.

("Curse you, Tokugawa!")
the amount of things that come with the game are worth that on their own.
I want to get that, but I've a feeling my cruddy PC won;t be able to handle it. It really struggles with Civ3 on a busy map.
Civ IV is worth buying a new* PC for. And then you could play STALKER too. And *looks at card* 'Peggle'? Am I saying that right?

* Ish. Not THAT new. A PC World laptop, perhaps.
LewieP, I have a question: how much time would you say roughly you spend looking for your bargains?

I ask because I have set up a similar site this week, but based on DVD bargains ( I have not advertised it outside my sig except for this post because it is both new, and shamelessly ripped off from your own site).
I wouldn't advise getting a 360 with Crackdown. Whilst it's one of my favourite games it's only about £6.99 second hand (I've seen it in a few second hand shops and even that cheap in the local Currys).

Also, Hi, this is my first post here. I still need an avatar and stuff
It depends.

If I am at my PC all day, which I have been recently, then I would say around 5 minutes every hour.
If I am not going to be at my PC all day (so most of the time) I would try to spend at least 10 minutes in the morning, and 10 in the evening.

In case you're interested, I have around 1000 individual hits a day these days, most of which are from the UK. It was around 400/500 before I got kotaku'd. I would say I earn £100-£200 a month, but that really varies depending on what deals are around, like when the Rock Band bombshell hit I earned £200+ in 24 hours, but I can go a week and earn less than a tenner.

My advice -
Get a facebook, Digg, Stumbleupon and twitter account. Also get a seperate email address for just the blog, and encourage people to email you (and once you have their email addresses, add them as friends on facebook/Digg/Stumbleupon/twitter)

If you ever feel strongly about an issue, and capable of writing and interesting post about it, do it. This post of mine got me a lot of traffic.

Edit: 'sup Mr. Grinch!
Hehe, well naturally I'm completely inspired by what you've done, and would love to achieve something similar. I had hesitated mentioning it actually, because I don't want to sort of step on your toes.

But those are all awesome suggestions sir, thankyou very much. I have earned precisely zero from mine so far - it's had about 23 hits in total so that's nothing to be surprised about, but I do seem to be spending quite a long time putting each post up. Probably because of putting in the images though...
The priority of SavyGamer is empowering consumers and fostering an economic environment where retailers who offer competitive prices are rewarded with more sales over those with higher marketing budgets, by reducing Asymmetric information in the marketplace.

Me making a profit is, and always will be secondary. I actually maintained a thread on the penny-arcade forums that essentially was an earlier version of SavyGamer, without any commission at all.

I applaud anyone trying to do similar with DVDs. I have no claim to the model of "a blog with good deals", I hardly invented that. The only reason SavyGamer has any success at all is that people trust me to do a good job, and I like to think I don't abuse that trust.
Well it's difficult, so I applaud you sir.
LewieP wrote:
The only reason SavyGamer has any success at all is that people trust me to do a good job, and I like to think I don't abuse that trust.

Plus it's an awesome name.
Post your findings here too Russ, linked back to your blog natch like Lewis The Pea does.
RE: 365 games camera offer xbox360

I havent received
ANYTHING AT ALL

and they sent me a dispatched notice, 30th April.

:'(
I didnt bother sending mine back but I quite like the new headset so Im keeping it.
If people would be happy for me to link the bargains on here I will do so from time to time.

Your starter for ten is that the Peep Show boxset from earlier in the thread is now back in stock at HMV for 15.99 for all series.
Anyone planning on getting Alone in the Dark?

Alone in the Dark: Limited Edition, Xbox 360 - £38.70 delivered
Alone in the Dark: Limited Edition, PC - £27.92 delivered
Alone in the Dark, PC - £23.99 delivered
Alone in the Dark, PS3 - £34.99 delivered
Alone in the Dark, PS2 - £24 delivered
Alone in the Dark, Xbox 360 - £32.99 delivered
Alone in the Dark, Wii - £25.99 delivered
What's your day job, LewieP?
Student.

Although that's hardly a job.

I'm doing a (believe it or not) business degree at Durham Uni.
my mate goes to durham uni, wouldnt know an adam snaith would you?
Nope.

Although I am at the Queens Campus, so...
fatal inertia £5 free delivery

http://www.thegamecollection.net/fatal-inertia-xbox360-p-2073.html

unless lewies got it on his site, nab it from there.
Taito Legends 2, PS2 - £3.99 delivered
Sid Meier's Pirates!, PSP - £9.93 delivered
Viva Piñata [Limited Edition], Xbox 360 - £8.93 delivered
Sid Meier's Civilisation IV Complete, PC - £6.43 delivered
Armored Core 4, PS3 - £13.93 delivered
Skate, Xbox 360 - £17.93 delivered
Custom Robo Arena, DS - £7.93 delivered
Silent Hill Origins, PSP - £14.93 delivered
Tomb Raider: Anniversary, PSP - £9.93 delivered
Tomb Raider Anniversary, Wii - £14.93 delivered
Stop with all these bargains! I only have a finite amount of money!
myoptika wrote:
Stop with all these bargains! I only have a finite amount of money!

Ok. I'm sorry... ?:|

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
:attitude:

Sega Superstars Tennis, Xbox 360 - £22.99 delivered
Sega Superstars Tennis, PS3 - £22.99 delivered
Condemned 2, PS3 - £24.99 delivered
Stuntman: Ignition, Xbox 360 - £9.99 delivered
Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, DS - £12.99 delivered
Devil May Cry 4, PS3 - £23.99 delivered
Baroque, Wii - £19.99 delivered
R-Type Command, PSP - £19.99 delivered
He jests, LewieP.

Myoptika, can you stop scaring people off the forum? :kiss:
Have you seen his face? Understandable, really. *passes round hat to buy Myp a paper bag*
CUS wrote:
He jests, LewieP.

Myoptika, can you stop scaring people off the forum? :kiss:

I totally knew he was joking.

:spew:
Page 5 of 172 [ 8562 posts ]