Bits & Bobs 6
Bits and Boobies!
myp wrote:
ComicalGerald wrote:
Well, http://www.givemeaquid.co.uk is available. I wonder what would happen if I bought it and just put a paypal donate button on there for £1.

Yes, I like this idea. It's bound to pay off.

The days of the Million Dollar Homepage are over, I'm afraid.

At least he's aiming a bit lower..
I wonder how many people would give me a quid just for the 'lols'. It's totally worth an experiment.
Do it. you should set up a challenge section. ie if you get x amount you will get in the local news paper. if you get 2x you will get on the local news, etc. It will be easy. as they will ask you to be on for having the website!
ComicalGerald wrote:
I wonder how many people would give me a quid just for the 'lols'. It's totally worth an experiment.

How much of the pound would you actually get, after paypal fees?
ComicalGerald wrote:

Again, I expect if you'd done it back in 2001 you'd get a metric fuckton of cash. Probably nothing now.
CG, this morning.
Don't be ridiculous - CG doesn't smoke.
try gimmeabuck.com

or suckforabuck.com if you're desperate
From stupid forum idea to cash-generating reality in less than 20 minutes

GIVE ME A QUID

Sometimes I amaze even myself.
ComicalGerald wrote:

GIVE ME A QUID

Not working yet.
ComicalGerald wrote:

GIVE ME A QUID

Say please.
ComicalGerald wrote:

GIVE ME A QUID

Don't get me wrong; if it works I'll be the first to applaud you and ask for a fiver. I just think this kind of thing went out with the ark.
You're confusing first and second person a lot on there. And donor and donee' "I"s.
ComicalGerald wrote:

GIVE ME A QUID

I added it onto another forum.
Dude, this is not a genuine attempt to earn money. This is for the sheer curiosity to see if anyone bothers, at all. The domain cost me about a fiver, so anything after that is pure profit.

I'm not going to say please. I'm not going to offer anything that gives you incentive or obligation. It's part of the charm.

If it doesn't work yet, your ISP has naff DNS. It works for me though :D

I will not link to it or promote it anywhere either, beyond this thread. I will merely wait patiently for the internet to do its thing.
ComicalGerald wrote:
Dude, this is not a genuine attempt to earn money. This is for the sheer curiosity to see if anyone bothers, at all. The domain cost me about a fiver, so anything after that is pure profit.

I'm not going to say please. I'm not going to offer anything that gives you incentive or obligation. It's part of the charm.

I will not link to it or promote it anywhere either, beyond this thread. I will merely wait patiently for the internet to do its thing.

Whoops, I'll take it down then.
GazChap wrote:
Dudley wrote:
Also yeah, don't have it on the lap, an ironing board makes a surprisingly good, height adjustable table.

I'd completely forgotten that I've got an ironing board. There's a Gaming Top Tip for jonarob there.

Ironing boards are quite large, though. I had bought some caravan steps for part of my heath robinson cunning plan for camping in my land rover...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 199410.htm

It turns out that it also makes a neat, foldaway lap top wheel clamping thingamajig, for both my MSFF and DFP wheels. Yay.

Also, Sorry to say it, but driving games on the 360 don't feel any less bland and vaguely dislocated even with the wheel. It is fun, all the same.
You can promote it, actually it's great if you do, however I personally will not. I could link to it on PTS, for example, but I won't.
ComicalGerald wrote:
You can promote it, actually it's great if you do, however I personally will not. I could link to it on PTS, for example, but I won't.

I've done it, and for a laugh, put a hit out on you in EvE.
MaliA wrote:
ComicalGerald wrote:

I've done it, and for a laugh, put a hit out on you in EvE.

You can't put in-game bounties on anyone with a positive security rating, so in your face dude. You could of course post to the forums to petition for my death, as long as you have the iskies to pay for it.
Actually, I take that back:

MaliA on another forum wrote:
I'd come abck to war dec a character called 'Comical Gnome' but he's in high sec and MaliA can't go tehre, and it would take far too long to do that, so if someone could pod him for me, it'd be ace. He's got +5s, too.

You cunt.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Funniest thing all day.
ComicalGerald wrote:
Actually, I take that back:

MaliA on another forum wrote:
I'd come abck to war dec a character called 'Comical Gnome' but he's in high sec and MaliA can't go tehre, and it would take far too long to do that, so if someone could pod him for me, it'd be ace. He's got +5s, too.

You cunt.

HAHAHAHA
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.
ComicalGerald wrote:

Well i gave my quid...
Are you not impressed as to how I homed in on your post so quickly? Covert ops, that's me.

Also, someone just gave me a quid! *salivates*

Edit: Kovacs, that was you? hahaha, thanks, I think. :D
Kudos to GazChap for giving me 25p, which, after fees, works out at precisely 4p.

I'm now 81p richer than I was at 2pm.
ComicalGerald wrote:
Are you not impressed as to how I homed in on your post so quickly? Covert ops, that's me.

Also, someone just gave me a quid! *salivates*

Edit: Kovacs, that was you? hahaha, thanks, I think. :D

Yes that is my real name :)

edit:- Keep it quiet ... ssshhh :)
MaliA is going to wake up and find himself DEAD one of these days.
ComicalGerald wrote:
Kudos to GazChap for giving me 25p, which, after fees, works out at precisely 4p.

<grandma> Don't spend it all at once! </grandma>
ComicalGerald wrote:

Yeah, I get why you've done it. I just don't think it's going to work. Do you?
If he only needs a fiver to break even.... yeah, I think he'll do it.

Anyone got a digg account?
Fuck me this ice cream is nice. I've out-done myself here. It's been in the freezer all night, and still scoops with no effort, and melts effortlessly on your tongue. It's also so rich I don't think I'll be able to manage more than these three small scoops at a time.

I wish I could give some to you all.
nynfortoo wrote:
Fuck me this ice cream is nice. I've out-done myself here. It's been in the freezer all night, and still scoops with no effort, and melts effortlessly on your tongue. It's also so rich I don't think I'll be able to manage more than these three small scoops at a time.

Freezer bag plus overnight courier, man!
Mr Chris wrote:
nynfortoo wrote:

Freezer bag plus overnight courier, man!

Filled with dry ice. Hmm. This could work.
Thre's a company what sells ostrich, alligator, zebra etc meat, and they deliver it frozen via the post, so it must be doable.
Mr Chris wrote:
Thre's a company what sells ostrich, alligator, zebra etc meat, and they deliver it frozen via the post, so it must be doable.

Are you giving me delivery advice or ideas for new flavours there?
I for one would pay good money for mail order crocodile ice cream.
WHAM!

That's another job done and dusted! B&Q is all applied for-seriously though check out the http://www.diy.com and just have a look at the way you have to apply! It's a psychology test!!

Then sorting another now! BOOYAH! Also a typist job going at the hospital, yaaay!! 3 months worth-maybe more
Mr Chris wrote:
I for one would pay good money for mail order crocodile ice cream.

I'll look into the logistics of turning meat into ice cream, then order me a crocodile and Paul Hogan.

Also, UPS deliver frozen goods happily, apparently, as long as they don't leak. This would probably turn out to be a terribly expensive tub of goodness though.
Shin wrote:
Also a typist job going at the hospital

Does the job come with an apostrophe allowance?
Bring your own tippex, mind.
Shin wrote:
It's a psychology test!!

Never mind, there'll be other jobs
It said I was good! I answered honestly aswell instead of ticking '5' all the time (which is good) as it's naughty to lie on a test :p
nynfortoo, how are you making these ice creams? They sound yum.
Bobbyaro wrote:
nynfortoo, how are you making these ice creams? They sound yum.

I picked up a cheap ice cream churner from Tesco Express a couple of weeks ago for £13 or so, down from £30, and I've been experimenting ever since. Unfortunately this one requires the cannister to be frozen (in your freezer) for 12-24 hours before you churn the mixture, so you have to plan ahead; though this chocolate recipe is best being refrigerated over-night, so it was timed perfectly.

For the recipes, I just google whichever flavour I want, then experiment.
I'm going to have to try this.

To the crocodile meat shop!
Page 12 of 60 [ 2976 posts ]