COOL PEOPLE ARE:
Me + 1
Cras
Doc
Nervous Pete
Jazzy and Joans
Myp and Fun Sally
Gazchap and Jem
My friend Emelia who came to the Cottage that one time (maybe two times)
Curiosity
Bobby
Mixed blessings: Standing on a mountain in Wales, listening to bands that weekend, so not available.
We should be OK for it, but we're at a family wedding up in Glasgow the day/evening before so we need to work out logistix before we commit either way.
Hmmm, I don’t appear to be on holiday for a change.
We've booked a hotel for the Saturday night, so count us in.

However, we may still change that plan because I'm in Vegas for work for the whole week prior, getting back to Heathrow on the Monday afternoon, and then the wedding later in the week means that I'd be doing around 900 miles of driving between home, Glasgow and Chez Grim... so there's every possibility that I'll just be too fucked by the time we've dropped the kids back off in Shropshire after the wedding.
Ooh, are you going to DEFCON?
Yeah, and Black Hat immediately before that.
Oh man, that's cool.

/looks at remaining training budget
I mean, me being the socially anxious and general shut-in I am, I'm as nervous as fuck about spending an entire week with 30+ people that I've never met before in a foreign country (well, as foreign as the US can be I guess) so if you want to take my place... ;)
I forgot to say but of course I'm up for this. I once again look forward to manhandling a big rucksack of beer in sweltering heat.
Yassssss!

The rest of you - even if you can't / don't want to pay yet, please let me know if you are planning to come so your Chef's can work out how much food they need.
Afraid I can't make this one.
Have I paid for me and Jem yet? I can't remember.
Me neither :D

I'll put a list in the first post.
Turns out you did not!
Kern wrote:
Afraid I can't make this one.

Aw that sucks. Let's have a meet up soon then, either at yours, in Cardiff or at points in between!
Grim... wrote:
Turns out you did not!

I have fixed this most gross incompetence.
Bobbyaro wrote:
I'm in

Yuss!
Grim... wrote:
My friend Amelia who came to the Cottage that one time

Yay!

(Oh and yay to everyone else obvs)
Jem wrote:
Grim... wrote:
My friend Amelia who came to the Cottage that one time

Yay!

(Oh and yay to everyone else obvs)

:this: :DD
So, irritatingly, there is a train strike planned for this day. It might not happen, but, you know... It might.

I don't think it affects too many people, but I think @nervousPete usually gets the train and I'll need to hit up one of the London massive to give Emelia a lift.

Fucking trains.
Wait, where the fuck is @kovacsC on my list?

/glares
Argh! Train strike? Er, looks like I'll have to think of something cunning. Wo ist der nearest Beexers?
I may have to grab a Green Man ticket from a bud instead, if a cunning plan be not found.
Grim... wrote:
Wait, where the fuck is @kovacsC on my list?

/glares

He is at a festival in Devon :(
Er, anyone then? Anyone headed from South Wales or able to pick me up from the Bristol area or summat accessible by coach? If not then I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw. :(
When is this again?
I’m checking if my brother is free to look after the furball…
He isn’t. Can I bring him?
If only there were some list of questions that are conveniently listed with answers on some sort of internet link ...
Even I know that Grim… has a nutter dog so if yours doesn’t like to play all the time he’ll have his head done in. Because I read the thing.
I read that, but Grim…’s dog is young, and large. And my experience of large dogs is that they calm down quite quickly as they grow. So I thought it was worth checking.
If his pony is still potty, then I can’t come, but it was worth checking, no?
Yes. Then do what you like anyway, after a few beers you won’t notice the carnage anyway.
I’ll come next year if you can all work on fish / tofu based alternatives x
*assumes the brace position*
Zardoz wrote:
Yes. Then do what you like anyway, after a few beers you won’t notice the carnage anyway.
ha.
My dog isn’t small either. There would be carnage.
I’ll see if there’s someone else can look after the pooch
Zardoz wrote:
I’ll come next year if you can all work on fish / tofu based alternatives x

We'll cook the shit out of some vegetables for you, Z!
You can usually just wash the shit off, Cras.
I’d prefer fish but cool, cheers. Fuck it, IN for next year. MarkG, can you drive us?
Eggs can't drive, silly.
I'd like to come but logistics may not work out
Yeah, my dog remains a nutbag (I only wrote that FAQ a couple of months ago), but to be honest your dog being big is better, as it's small dogs that have a problem.

If they don't behave / get on, or there's too much carnage she can fuck off indoors anyway.
Mr Dave wrote:

Logistic harder!
Grim... wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Logistic harder!

Well, I've booked the hotel (flexibly) now I just have to sort out how I'm getting there.

And getting body armour ;)
Zardoz wrote:
I’d prefer fish but cool, cheers. Fuck it, IN for next year. MarkG, can you drive us?

Yeah, definitely!
Page 1 of 3 [ 101 posts ]