*Miyazaki (Dark Souls) & George “just finish the fucking books” RR Martin story
*CGI video just like the rest of the Dark Souls games

That is all.

Is this an Xbox exclusive?
Nah, it’ll be on the Station.
*Praise the Sun*
"...it's coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC"

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... st-trailer
Until Epic jizz money all over the place and it becomes exclusive to them for a year.
Sounds like a German race track.
Mr Dave wrote:
Until Epic jizz money all over the place and it becomes exclusive to them for a year.

The amount of money they'd need to jizz to keep it off the Xbox and PS4 would be ridiculous, I doubt there's much chance of it.
Bamba wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

The amount of money they'd need to jizz to keep it off the Xbox and PS4 would be ridiculous, I doubt there's much chance of it.

That won’t happen, but they might keep it off Steam for a year.
The internet is a buzz about the leak of a couple of seconds of a trailer. I imagine the full trailer will be forced into the open in the coming week. It’s got a horse.

https://twitter.com/shpeshal_ed/status/ ... 5403904002

Well, played a very small amount of this now. I dare say, if you like dark souls or it's ilk, you'll like this.

It is quite pretty.
Inspired by all the hype around Elden Ring, I restarted Bloodborne earlier this week.

Yep, not going to happen. Which makes me sad as there's clearly something very special about these games, but they're just not for me.

I envy those enjoying the Elden Ring!
Yup. I tried Dark Souls but it was too hard and it pissed me off, gave up. Ditto Bloodborne after getting drawn in by the pretties. Got this preordered and turning up today and am filled with confidence and high hopes that the third time will be the charm. Won't get to play until Sunday, though.
It’ll be the first thing I buy when I manage to get a PS5.
Good news @Grim...

WHIP WHIP WHIP
I agree with Mr Fop and markg, I've watched these games from afar for years but never tried one because I know enough about myself to know it's not the type of game I like, all that having been said apparently Elden Ring does provide a slightly more forgiving on-ramp for the 'series' (it's not technically a series is it? But you know what I mean), so part of me is tempted to give it a go, and it's an obvious candidate to give a whirl on the new PC once (a) It actually arrives and (b) They've fixed the technical issues with the PC version of the game.

I'm still not sure though, with comments such as 'Use a notepad and a pen to track NPCs' being a real thing and I saw Asmongold give up during gameplay saying words to the effect of 'I have no idea where I'm going, or what I'm supposed to be doing, I'm lost, and I'm not having fun'.

So yeah, still a 50/50 call for me, I might play it with a walkthrough as that has helped me get over the hump with other games that have similar design choices in the past.
Must be about 20 hours into this now and have yet to experience any frustration. If you get to a hard bit there's just so many options for levelling up or just exploring somewhere else. Amazing game.
markg wrote:
Must be about 20 hours into this now and have yet to experience any frustration. If you get to a hard bit there's just so many options for levelling up or just exploring somewhere else. Amazing game.

Interesting, having shared similar frustrations with previous games, this sounds promising
Hnnggh, starting to get to the same point of finding a few of the shitty boss battles that I just can't be arsed retrying enough times to git gud enough win. I just don't find them gratifying or rewarding at all. They're just tedious things in the way of the next good bit of the game. They make me feel like I've got more fun things to be doing with my day. Ah well.
That's Bosses in games in general for me. I hate them. Always have
DavPaz wrote:
That's Bosses in games in general for me. I hate them. Always have

I am generally the same, unless it's a particularly interesting boss set-piece.

However, played CupHead co-op with a pal the other day, and the boss-rush levels were so much more enjoyable than the trad run and gun sidescroller levels. Really intense, but satisfying to beat and was happy to try and try again. Suspect my patience would be greatly diminished, playing solo.
Attachment:
20220425193444_1.jpg

WHIP WHIP WHIP
Only a year late, but I'm playing this now and it has me by the balls.

If I had a complaint it's that it's sometimes tricky to know what you're meant to do next, but other than that it's a fucking masterpiece.

I've got a pair of absurdly massive swords and I'm beating the shit out of things while dressed as a white witch.

I also have a whip, but doing a whip play through of this? Ahahahahahha no.
Grim... wrote:
If I had a complaint it's that it's sometimes tricky to know what you're meant to do next,
Let me help:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
WHIP WHIP WHIP
I could tie the Starscourge Greatsword to the end of it, maybe...
It’s a superb game.

I’m accidentally playing Dark Souls 2 again now.
I have finished. That was a fucking masterpiece.
Especially for @mr dave:

Final boss was a dick-hole, as was the Fire Giant and that cock at the top of the steps in Crumbling Farem Azula or whatever it was called.
WHIP WHI WHIP

Malenia was the main dick hole. forced me to have to change my build to a bleed build that made everything I faced afterwards quite trivial (To see all the fights progress reset in a couple of hits was always disheartening. Even without that I suspect it'd have been a good pick for the hardest fight in the game)
Fire Giant was visually one of the best bosses they’ve done IMO. It kinda needed the camera to zoom out to get a look at him though, cause he otherwise looks terrific rolling and beating you with his pot lid and all that good shit, man, he had some personality.
I beat Milanea pretty easily, because she staggered so often.

Fire Giant not so much.
Page 1 of 1 [ 34 posts ]