Game renting.
I got this with a game I bought. I am tempted to see how this works.
I think you should write back with "Yes!". Or "I have now!" Just that.
JBR wrote:
I think you should write back with "Yes!". Or "I have now!" Just that.

:DD :DD
Isn't that sort-of-but-not-quite what PS Now is?
There was a business like this a while ago that I can't remember the name of. It didn't last long though so there you go...

Round these parts we call that a 'turkey tale'

You can have that one for free.
It reminds me a little of Playswap/goozex where you could swap games with each other if you spent credits, but that was also short lived
I had Goosex, but I seen to recall that and a dvd subscription service I had you has to choose several games and the latest ones were really difficult to get hold of because everyone wanted them.

This might be done differently of course.
You know you’re going to get ragged for that typo!
Totally leaving that there. :D
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I had Goosex, but I seen to recall that and a dvd subscription service I had you has to choose several games and the latest ones were really difficult to get hold of because everyone wanted them.

This might be done differently of course.

Oh my :)
Do Switch games work in any region?

Hijack.... ish.... I was thinking of a BEEX swap (I'd trade that hotwheels game for something else, and then when I'm done with that, trade it on again)
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
and a dvd subscription service

In the PS3 / 360 era most of the DVD rental places also did games but as you mention hard to get the new ones - I remember renting games from both Lovefilm , and this really small company that no one will ever have heard of called Netflix
I can confirm that LoveFilm used to do games as well as DVDs.

Let me show you how I know.
Attachment:
20220223_144541.jpg
I've had that since 23 Jun 2009.
:D

The overdue fees must be enormous.
Grim...'s bad debt is what caused them to fold.
I wasn't aware that fold meant "be purchased by Amazon for £200M"
...and then closed in 2017, due to Grim...
Trooper wrote:
...and then closed in 2017, due to Grim...

In the same way that Netflix is closed too?
To add insult to injury, I never played it.
This reminds me. I really should return that copy of Lemmings 2 I borrowed from a neighbour 30 or so years ago.
zaphod79 wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
and a dvd subscription service

In the PS3 / 360 era most of the DVD rental places also did games but as you mention hard to get the new ones - I remember renting games from both Lovefilm , and this really small company that no one will ever have heard of called Netflix

"Back in the days when your internet came in the mail" according to one meme I recently saw, an had a momentary flicker of amusement before scrolling through my listicles.
I used to refer to Teletext and Ceefax as The Poor Man's Internet back when you paid a fee just to be online AND paid for the phonecall.
Mr Russell wrote:
I used to refer to Teletext and Ceefax as The Poor Man's Internet back when you paid a fee just to be online AND paid for the phonecall.

FastText was a luxury only seen on a posh TV
Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ]