WongaWatch - The Grand Game Expenditure Thread 2022

How much do you expect you'll spend on games & consoles in 2022?
£0 - £1 - Yar, yar and/or freeware for me yo.  10%  [ 1 ]
£1 - £50  10%  [ 1 ]
£50 - £100  0%  [ 0 ]
£100 - £200 (~£12.50/month)  0%  [ 0 ]
£200 - £300  10%  [ 1 ]
£300 - £400  40%  [ 4 ]
£400 - £600 (~£50/month)  20%  [ 2 ]
£600 - £800  0%  [ 0 ]
£800 - £1000  0%  [ 0 ]
£1000 - £1200 (~£100/month)  10%  [ 1 ]
£1200 - £1500  0%  [ 0 ]
£1500 - £2000  0%  [ 0 ]
£2000 - £mental  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10
Another year and another attempt to guess how much money your going to spend on gaming !

Any hardware your looking at picking up ?

Are there big games you are going to grab on day 1 - or will you wait for the magic £20 mark ?

Post your estimate here and try and keep track of just how much money you are throwing away when instead you could be outside !

2011 thread : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6653
2012 thread : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8199
2013 thread : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9209
2014 thread : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9879
2015 thread : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10294
2016 thread : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10653
2017 thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10922
2018 thread - https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... =3&t=11139
2019 thread - https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... =3&t=11295
2020 thread - https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... =3&t=11444
2021 thread - https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... =3&t=11630

Post your prices inside <> symbols and Grim...'s magic tracker will total everything up for you : http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/c ... sh2022.php (*)

You can also put negative values in if you've sold items back

(*) when he updates it again
2021 was relatively spendthrift for me compared to some years, but I expect the Steam Deck I have pre-ordered to be a hefty start to 2022…
Look forward to hearing how those go; really tempted.
<39.99> Mario Kart 8. (Switch ). What a fun little game
I'm off the mark. <17.90> for an 8bitdo wireless USB adaptor.
I really don't know what to predict this year, I confidently predicted £2000-mental last year as I was sure I'd be getting a new PC and/or a Series X and/or a PS5, but none of those things happened.

On the PC front I just refused to pay the prices that were being asked for graphics cards (Scan often had the RTX3080 in stock for a new PC build, but fuck paying £850 for a graphics card), so instead I started dialling back resolution and detail settings on my current PC. I cheerfully played through BL3 and its four expansions plus second Season Pass content, all 200+ hours of it, at 1080p with mostly HIGH and a couple of MEDIUM settings.

XBSX and PS5 I know were available if you were savvy or prepared to join a queue and whatnot but that all seems very Communist loaf of bread type stuff so I didn't bother, I was happy enough still playing games on my last gen consoles, the PS4 Pro and XB1X can still put in a good showing, and the Switch is just the Switch, so Mario Golf Super Rush and the Wario Ware game were splendid. Plus, if I'm entirely honest the only thing I really want on the Series X is the new Forza game, and on PS5 it'd just be Ghost of Tsushima again but at 60FPS.

As such I half wonder if this year will be a 'no new hardware' year, it might well be, so I'll guess on that basis and say £300-£400.
<19.49> Dirt 5 Year One Edition (PC, Steam, last minute purchase in the sale)
Don't know about anyone else but I really expected that next post 25 minutes after the first to either be a PS5 an Xbox1X or a new graphics card :-)
Quote:
I started dialling back resolution and detail settings on my current PC. I cheerfully played...

Can someone tell Hearthly his account is compromised?
MaliA wrote:
Quote:
I started dialling back resolution and detail settings on my current PC. I cheerfully played...

Can someone tell Hearthly his account is compromised?

I think I'm growing as a person.
<80> Xbox 360 E 500GB

Yep, you read that right. I bought a new xbox 360
Were you trying to buy a lawnmower and the forum made you buy this instead?
Mimi wrote:
Were you trying to buy a lawnmower and the forum made you buy this instead?

It's an easy mistake to make
DavPaz wrote:
<80> Xbox 360 E 500GB

Fuck are you doing? I've got about four in a pile here, you could have had one of those.
Yeah Davpaz!

Seriously though, I have one of those consoles and it's a far cry from the original. It feels robust, is quiet and harks back to a better time of gaming for me. I love it.
Oh... also, Lone Solider PSone <7.40>
Grim... wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
<80> Xbox 360 E 500GB

Fuck are you doing? I've got about four in a pile here, you could have had one of those.

I needed a replacement and figured why not get the newest and most reliable model
TheVision wrote:
Yeah Davpaz!

Seriously though, I have one of those consoles and it's a far cry from the original. It feels robust, is quiet and harks back to a better time of gaming for me. I love it.

It's actually lovely. Basically silent, dedicated Kinect port, HDMI (which my last one didn't have). What's not to love?
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Yeah Davpaz!

It's actually lovely. Basically silent, dedicated Kinect port, HDMI (which my last one didn't have). What's not to love?

£80
Grim... wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Yeah Davpaz!

£80

Touché
£10 PlayStation credit <10>
Another £10 PlayStation credit <10>
A third £10 PlayStation credit <10>
The fourth £10 PlayStation credit <10>
A fifth £10 PlayStation credit <10>
It wouldn't let me buy a £50 one.
TheVision wrote:
Genuine LOL!! :DD

:this:

Don't ever change @MaliA :D
FYI when buying credit like that its often worth looking at any shops doing deals - e.g. Shopto would have only charged you £41.85 for that £50 credit

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps50-p ... to-3871750

https://www.shopto.net/en/dls55596-play ... 00-p52491/
Ta. Work had given me £50 voucher thing for being incredible, and it was only really redeemable online at Argos, as I am far too young for Edinburgh Woolen Mill stuff, and the music shop had a violin in at £79 which was too much
I had a cheap violin once, it was absolutely worth the price paid for it.
Refunded third £10 voucher <-10>
Refunded fourth £10 voucher <-10>
Refunded fifth £10 voucher <-10>
Quote:
I am sorry that you have not received your orders. Our suppliers have now placed limits on these codes to prevent bulk buying. The new limit is two down load codes per day. As you have placed orders for five then I do apologise these other three orders will not be processed and you will be refunded for them. I apologise for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards. Thanks"

And they couldn't change the three £10 ones into one £30 one.
Per day? Can’t you just buy them again today/tomorrow?
And if the suppliers have placed limits on them, put those sane limits on your storefront.
<20.99> Dying Light Enhanced Edition (Steam - PC)
Doom eternal PS5 <0> as used voucher
I'm still waiting for those refunds.
I have the refund
£10 PlayStation credit <10>
Second £10 PlayStation credit <10>
Yeah Yeah Beebiss 2 - Dreamcast <24.99>
Metroid Dread <30>
PlayStation credit <10>
Trooper wrote:
I had a cheap violin once, it was absolutely worth the price paid for it.

£20 for bagpipes though is quite the proposition
Who can even tell if bagpipes are cheap?
<19.99> Tony Hawks 1 + 2 (Xbox)
<50> Pokemon Legends Arceus (switch)
Page 1 of 4 [ 196 posts ]