Co11age
Cottage the Eleventh, 2020
Mimi wrote:
I saw a video the other day of two trays of drinks set on roombas, moving about a table in a game of moving beer pong.

Crikey, I'm bad enough at entirely stationary beer pong, that sounds like a recipe for hilarious disaster :DD
Joans got the Cottage tub out of the loft. These are the contents with added hand sanitizer. I shall get the liquid soap when I go shopping at the weekend. I haven't seen any blue roll about, but Joan's is nipping to Makro tomorrow.

Anyone know if Jagermeister goes out of date? It must have been in the loft since 2018. :shrug:

Edit: The paper bag has pens in it to go with the quiz paper.

Other than soap and blue roll, is the anything I should be adding?
Nice murder kit. You're missing duct tape and a spade
DavPaz wrote:
Nice murder kit. You're missing duct tape and a spade

Needs plastic sheeting too.
Starting to think about what to bring to Co11age (other than glue, sequins, and pasta shapes, obv).

I have a game called Don't get got. Shut up and sit down did a video review of it in late 2019.

The idea is that players have six secret missions to accomplish during an event. These aren't pranks (I am totally humourless and despise pranking, making me, ironically, one hell of an easy mark) but more challenges like "get someone to wear a hat" or "win a game of rock, paper, scissors".

I've always thought it would work well at Cottage, as the extended time frame allows for more opportunities to attempt challenges whilst others forget that the game* is in progress. The winner would be the one who achieves the most by the end. We might want to work on the rules (I'd recommend an hour or so grace period before you can start playing, and the "is this for the game"** losing mechanic might need some finesse), but I think it could be fun.

Would anyone be up for this? My set has 8 wallets but can easily just distribute more in small bags. I promise I won't look at any cards before handing things out.

* Not that one. And you've just lost too.
**And again.
That sounds fun, I'd play!
Jem wrote:
That sounds fun, I'd play!

Yeah, me too!
Yeah, that'd be interesting to watch play out ;)
Kern wrote:
* Not that one. And you've just lost too.
**And again.

My understanding was you have a certain amount of "cooldown time" after loosing before you can lose again.
Is it too early to start counting sleeps? :D
What's the train station that people get picked up from? I assume Fentron will be coming by train, so I'll need to school him up.
GazChap wrote:
What's the train station that people get picked up from? I assume Fentron will be coming by train, so I'll need to school him up.

Derby
I have booked Friday and Monday off work... Happy to do shuttle runs to the train station if that helps folks.
GazChap wrote:

It's Fenton.
JESUS CHRIST FENTON!
That reminds me that I haven't looked into travel either, so may also need to be picked up from the station.
Jem wrote:
Is it too early to start counting sleeps? :D

I dreamt about Cottage last night except we were in a different house. There was a TV set however.
It looks like I am officially out of this year's Cottage, I just can't make the logistics work this time, despite some fantastic offers of help from other Cottagers!

Sorry guys :(
That's a shame :(
To continue the bad news, or swing this thread around depending on your view, I am now *in* to the Cottage.
It's all about timing.
Oh no, sorry JBR :DD
:DD

To be honest, I already thought you were coming! :D
I mean, surely it entirely depends on whether his current hosts allow him out of their dungeon house?
GazChap wrote:
I mean, surely it entirely depends on whether his current hosts allow him out of their dungeon house?

I snuck out earlier, and the dog didn't bark. I might get away.
Hello!

<2wks!

Is anyone coming that hasn't been vaccinated?
Grim... wrote:
Is anyone coming that hasn't been vaccinated?

On a similar note, would it be cheeky to ask everyone to do a lateral flow in the day or so before? I know they're not 100% conclusive but (to steal a catchphrase) every little helps...
I had planned to do a test anyway, seems good form
krazywookie wrote:

:this:
Also a good idea to keep the windows in the main public areas open too.

Please note that just because you're double-vaxxed, if your name's not on the list you don't get to lick me.
krazywookie wrote:

I figured most would anyway because beexers are brilliant :D
Grim... wrote:
krazywookie wrote:

I'll get PCR tested at work too.
I will be taking a test before I come.. seems sensible.
KovacsC wrote:
I will be taking a test before I come.. seems sensible.

:hat:
All the tests... :)
Do we have a spreadsheet yet of who's bringing what? (Games)
We'll be doing a lateral flow on the Wednesday and the Friday morning! :)
Kris wrote:
We'll be doing a lateral flow on the Wednesday and the Friday morning! :)

Yes. Good idea.
Is it just me that thinks "lateral flow" means to piss sideways?
I'm going to try and "borrow" some social distancing wristbands from work that I'll bring along.
Grim... wrote:
I'm going to try and "borrow" some social distancing wristbands from work that I'll bring along.

What are those, Grim…? Do they beep/vibrate if folks get too close?
I've seen some of those at various conferences I've been seeing on twitter - assuming they're the same thing. Just different colour coded wristbands that tell people (based on the colour) whether you're comfortable being hugged, whether you want people to keep 2 metres away etc. etc.
Yeah, exactly what GazChap said. Red for "Don't be offended if I keep my distance", Yellow for "Happy to do fist bumps", Green for "Get in here and lick my face".
Ah, that’s a good idea. I’ve never seen those, but then I’ve also not been anywhere.

There are dog leads like that, I think, for dog temperament.
Grim... wrote:
Yeah, exactly what GazChap said. Red for "Don't be offended if I keep my distance", Yellow for "Happy to do fist bumps", Green for "Get in here and lick my face".

Fluffy handcuffs for "let's go party in my room"?
Grim... wrote:

These are a good idea.
Mimi wrote:
Ah, that’s a good idea. I’ve never seen those, but then I’ve also not been anywhere.

There are dog leads like that, I think, for dog temperament.

But, aren't dogs colour blind?
Page 8 of 14 [ 699 posts ]