31 Days of Happiness
Make March Positive.
I am not sure if you have heard of the 100 Days of Happiness! I am in a group where we post fab things that have happened that day, no matter how big or small. We record these for 100 days, shall we see if that for for March?

We’ve all had a tough time lately, let’s this thread and thoughts with all the positive and good things going on in our lives :)

It’s such a powerful tool to switch your mindset from a negative to a positive one. It might just help you and others with things going on.
Great idea, Kov.

Small win this morning was the 3 rusty old lockers that were left in the garage by previous owner have been picked up by the scrap metal guy! Saved me another tip run and he'll get a few quid from them.

Now they're out of the way I've got space to reorganise my garage and get jobs done in it before it's eventually converted.
I managed to change a single plug socket into a double plug socket without burning the house down. Win!
Re-hung a radiator and bled it and it heated up.
First time doing that.
I also haven't flooded or burnt down our house.
This is a good idea Kov. I make no secret of the fact that I've been pretty down recently so the little things make a difference.

Recent positives... I've got some work on, only a few little bits but that's alright. I've fitted a new bath that (fingers crossed) doesn't seem to be leaking. I'm also going to join the Retro Asylum game club this month and play along with like minded people on Wing Commander 4 on the 3DO.
Lovely idea Kov :luv:
My first seeds (Romano red peppers) have germinated today.
I love this. :) :luv:

I thought I was late to an online training I'd forgotten about this morning, and couldn't find the link to join, but it's been changed to next Monday so it's all good.
I'll be working again this time next week!
Posted 12 parcels today. I am starting to see spaces emerging from clearing stuff out.
JBR wrote:
Posted 12 parcels today. I am starting to see spaces emerging from clearing stuff out.

Such a good feeling! I keep meaning to have a board game clear out but I’ve not been able to get motivated to get started.
All great stuff folks..
My neighbour told me that she saw a hedgehog in my garden.
TheVision wrote:
This is a good idea Kov. I make no secret of the fact that I've been pretty down recently so the little things make a difference.

Much the same here - not much in the way of positives, but also not many negatives either.. just ticking over at the moment.

That being said, I've just had a nose at the various follower stats for ConsoleMAD and they have been growing nicely while the site has been closed - new people are queuing up to buy the stuff that I've added over christmas, so hopefully when I reopen next month, I'll be able to get back to normal for a bit.

Attachment:
cyfe.PNG
That reminds me... Do you have any original Xbox controllers in? I'm looking for the S controller specifically... and even more specifically, just the analogue stick as one of mine has chipped somehow so a broken controller or anything like that would be ideal.
sdg wrote:
JBR wrote:

Such a good feeling! I keep meaning to have a board game clear out but I’ve not been able to get motivated to get started.

That bit took me months! Eventually I sort of forced the issue by getting everything out. That got me going, but made it worse, in that it was a total mess - and without space, would have been a non-starter. But I've kept chipping away, even without being able to tell I'd done anything through January.

I *love* coming back from Post Office/Parcelshop and looking at the gaps left behind. And in the process I also got rid of a huge box in the least efficient way possible; cutting it up into smaller bits, turning them into small boxes, then posting those.

Edit: I should say that by "it" and "stuff" here, I mean Lego. All Lego.
sdg wrote:
JBR wrote:

First dibs
TheVision wrote:
That reminds me... Do you have any original Xbox controllers in? I'm looking for the S controller specifically... and even more specifically, just the analogue stick as one of mine has chipped somehow so a broken controller or anything like that would be ideal.

Sadly, I'm all out of controllers - they proved quite popular at one point. Although I'm glad you asked as it helped me notice my site had gone done. :D
This is a really good, nice idea.

I'll have to think of something, as nothing jumps immediately to mind
Today, I've woken up feeling completely better after my reaction to the Covid vaccine, to the extent that I got up this morning and did a 7am HIIT workout with weights :insincere: (That's my muscles)
Fantastic. So good to hear you’re feeling chipper againz
I just found out that I can play D&D tonight!
I have weighed myself and I have not pup on a much weight as i thought :)
It's your dogged determination that helps.
The previous residents left us 2 terrible fitted wardrobes which I had to dismantle and a radiator just sat in the garage.

Our council's bulky waste collection counts a triple wardrobe as a single item so they will come and haul away the whole lot for a tenner at the end of the month.
Zardoz wrote:
I just found out that I can play D&D tonight!

Giphy "natural 20":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/3ohhwLiRGwsCGlpsUU/giphy-loop.mp4
Kern wrote:
1. My neighbour told me that she saw a hedgehog in my garden.

2. I have ordered a new coffee table meaning I'll finally be motivated to remove the crap from the old one.
Just had some flowers delivered off friends. :luv:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Just had some flowers delivered off friends. :luv:

Lovely!
I’ve decided to paint my shed pink.
Mimi wrote:
I’ve decided to paint my shed pink.

What shade? My SiL painted one of their outside walls bright pink and it looks ace.
I think a combination of these two shades, with the lighter paint used inside, as well. The paint covers both brick and wood, so it should look fun. There is electricity and lighting inside, but it’s painted so very dark in there that it’s really hard to see, even next to the window.
That's going to look awesome! :D
Is that a brick base? It could make a nice home office for Mr Russell :)
Yep. Brick base, wood top. It’d be a good size for a home office, but no way is he getting my potting shed! :D

He works next to the patio doors, anyway, so he has all the nice views. It’ll be nice to open those up come the summer.
There was a lot of traffic on the main road in town this morning as I was heading to work, but i was riding my pushbike so I could whizz through while the cars were crawling along, and that felt good. It was a nice bike ride, and once I got off the main road the air was cool and fresh.
Kern wrote:
2. I have ordered a new coffee table meaning I'll finally be motivated to remove the crap from the old one.

3. I'm pleased with how well my draw-the-art round worked last night and everyone's clear enjoyment of it.
sdg wrote:
Today, I've woken up feeling completely better after my reaction to the Covid vaccine, to the extent that I got up this morning and did a 7am HIIT workout with weights :insincere: (That's my muscles)

Another 7am HIIT workout. I've never sweated so much in my life. I forgot to check my meeting schedule for the day though and I don't have a chance to take a shower until after lunch :zombie:

I love workout days, I always feel so good after them with all the endorphins in my system and then I get to have two carb reload meals on cycle two :metul:
Kern wrote:
Kern wrote:

3. I'm pleased with how well my draw-the-art round worked last night and everyone's clear enjoyment of it.

It was the highlight of the quiz!
Kern wrote:

I was beside myself with glee, it was brilliant. :DD
Kern wrote:

I loved it.. was great fun.
I built an IKEA bookcase to give us somewhere to unpack some more boxes into. Also I just ordered chocolates and snacks on Prime Now so that's lunch, tea and tomorrow's breakfast sorted.
Kern wrote:
Kern wrote:

I came here to post about how much I enjoy the quiz. Not just last night but every week and despite me not knowing anything about art, I really enjoyed that round!
TheVision wrote:
Kern wrote:
Kern wrote:

I came here to post about how much I enjoy the quiz. Not just last night but every week and despite me not knowing anything about art, I really enjoyed that round!

:this:

And it's kinda surprising that mostly we all knew what those pictures portrayed and were able to make a recognisable stab at drawing them. (On a point of order, the Damian Hirst thing wasn't a picture, but never mind.)
Thanks everyone! Feel free to frame your masterpieces or at least post them on the fridge.
I planted some onion seeds
From the other day, but I felt very productive - the garden bin was nearly empty, so I went to clear some mush from the end of the garden, and got distracted because the people who fixed next door's fence had left a lot of cut ferns etc by the side. Cleared them all, filled the bin, piled stuff on the bonfire, and fended off the father who thought a bonfire would be a good idea. And it's rained now, so that'll kick the idea away for a while longer.
My painting is going well — I started painting again after a 6 year hiatus. This pleases me enormously and I get enormous satisfaction from it.
I also found out today my bike I bought in December will be with me soon!
Ran my second sub 50 minute 10km. Felt decent all the way through, apart from the first mile and a half as it was bastard cold. As I rarely go that way, got loads of gold medals, too.

Realised in the shower after I had not had breakfast.
Page 1 of 6 [ 285 posts ]