Document-em-ups
Rifle the files.
Hello!

Anyone else enjoy these? Papers, Please being the obvious reference material, but I'm talking about anything where you have to deduce decucing deductions from or to paperwork.

I ask because the new Floor 13, Floor 13 Deep State came out a few days ago and it's scratching that itch very well. It's a little buggy still as it's only just released, but they're getting on top of things quite quickly. I've waited 25+ years for a sequel or remake so I'm like an incredibly obese pig in shit.

I played Not Tonight where you're cast as bouncer at a series of pub and clubs dealing with checking IDs and time to get a certain amount of people in to the venues before closing time. Set in a horrible post-Brexit Britain I thought the idea was great. It was a bit let down by the execution as it seemed to go on forever, and I soon lost interest after having to juggle numerous queues for VIPs and normals.

I thought Beholder would be a dob-em-in simulator too, but the pressure of having to manage your residents while ruthlessly blackmailing them to cure your increasingly ill daughter meant that any choice you made that wasn't the most self-serving irrelevant. Perkies did a good review of it.

Would Obra Dinn count? I loved it. Considering you're filling out an insurance report I think I can elbow it in here.

Any others?
Spycraft!

Never played it, and not sure I'd want to.
Findus Fop wrote:
Spycraft!

Aw man I'd completely forgot about that game! Sudden Proustian moment of 1st PCness.
Findus Fop wrote:
Spycraft!

If we're linking to GOG, I was always a fan of Covert Action although that mixed in action bits with the sleuthing.
Papers Please is quite interesting - play a border guard trying to keep up with endless immigration bureaucracy in a crumbling state.
Squirt wrote:
Papers Please is quite interesting - play a border guard trying to keep up with endless immigration bureaucracy in a crumbling state.

Interesting. Surprised no one’s mentioned it already as this looks great
Mr Chonks wrote:
Squirt wrote:

Interesting. Surprised no one’s mentioned it already as this looks great

Derp. Ok, I missed that first sentence :facepalm:
I had no knowledgegge of Covert Action. :S I have added it to wishlists for christusdt sails.
devilman wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Spycraft!

If we're linking to GOG, I was always a fan of Covert Action although that mixed in action bits with the sleuthing.

That's the game I was looking for when I happened upon Spycraft! Recall some exciting interactions with a filing cabinet in that game.
devilman wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Spycraft!

Love this
A certain cockney man just told me overs Steams that Football Manager should be on here as it's like Excel. He is a silly person whose name rhymes with Clave.
I have done so much football-related spreadsheeting recently. Got sacked in my first season at Lisburn Distillery in the Norn Ironish 3rd-tier, then the mighty Gokulam Kerala of the Indian I-League took a punt on me, and I brought the glory days to the south coast with four cup wins in five seasons. Sadly never won the league, finishing 3rd once and then 2nd four consecutive times. *shakes fist at Mohun Bagan*

After the fourth cup win and league heartache decided I needed a new challenge so applied and got the Wrexham job in the National League. For some reason their previous manager got sacked despite being 6th in the league, and while I worked my notice at Kerala the caretaker got them promoted to League 2… must have been pretty pissed off.

I’m currently 5th in the league with 10 games left so a double promotion could be on!
Dimrill wrote:
A certain cockney man just told me overs Steams that Football Manager should be on here as it's like Excel. He is a silly person whose name rhymes with Clave.

Who's that?

It weren't me. At no point did I even mention football manager, you made that assumption all on your own.

Attachment:
Screenshot 2020-11-06 142145.png

See.
Dave is a Cockney? Are you, Dave?
Not a cockney, not even close.
Are you from London at all? Or the south. I can remember your voice, but I can’t place accents for the life of me.
Mr Dave sounds like the queen
He's a Pearly King and no mistake, gavna.
Mimi wrote:
Are you from London at all? Or the south. I can remember your voice, but I can’t place accents for the life of me.

Grew up in Bromley, which is the edge of the south east london zone.
I didn’t know that (and I guess why would I?) but didn’t for a second realise you were from London. Not because if how you speak, though.

Man, I am BAD at hearing accents. Do I sound like a cockney?
Kind of. Dave sounds like Stormzy and you sound like a Chumhinhey Schwoip.
Mimi wrote:
Do I sound like a cockney?

Oh yes
Nah mate, meems sounds like she's from North London innit bruv
Wah waaahhhhh.

I can’t hear my own accent, much like I can’t seem to recognise them in others. You have to go full Wullie before I start to tune into there being an accent at all.
Mimi wrote:
I didn’t know that (and I guess why would I?) but didn’t for a second realise you were from London. Not because if how you speak, though.

Man, I am BAD at hearing accents. Do I sound like a cockney?

I don't have a London accent. Too far out of Central London. Just a general southern accent.
General Southernaccent! *Salutes*
Cras wrote:
General Southernaccent! *Salutes*

Witnesses spoke of Major Damage at Oxford Street TK Maxx on Black Friday. "I just wanted some new keks," the major said.
Page 1 of 1 [ 28 posts ]