2000s 133 points
1990s 141 points
1980s 135 points
1970s 75 points
1960s 63 points
1950s 46 points
1940s 28 points
1930s 37 points

Apropos of nothing what decades do you know the pop culture from?
Probably 60s and 70s, after which I probably lost interest .... not that I had a lot in the first place. And for those two decades I’d be skewed a bit toward hippy culture.
90s for me.. My uni times etc
80s and 90s. Though I dropped a (,Chris Morris') Jam reference the other day so I'm not sure how 'pop' my culture is.
1990s American sitcoms, mostly.
BikNorton wrote:
80s and 90s. Though I dropped a (,Chris Morris') Jam reference the other day so I'm not sure how 'pop' my culture is.

Christ yes. I've grown used to having endless dead-end conversations with our 27 year old art director at work, where I reference something that seems blindingly obvious and popular to me, but he hasn't the foggiest. He has an unerring ability to make me feel old.

Day Today? Never heard of it.
Spaced? Never heard of it.
Black Books? Never heard of it.
Fast Show? Never heard of it.
Big Train? Never heard of it.

I realise this makes me sound like THAT GUY who quotes Fast Show at work. I promise, I'm not THAT GUY.
Meep meep I'm an alien
MaliA wrote:
Meep meep I'm an alien

Ha, I actually tried acquiring that the other day. Thought the kids would enjoy it. Not many seeders, as you might imagine.
Hold on, now I'm getting my references mixed up. I conflated your Colin with the actual aliens from Harry Enfield's TV Show. :belm:
Findus Fop wrote:
BikNorton wrote:

Christ yes. I've grown used to having endless dead-end conversations with our 27 year old art director at work, where I reference something that seems blindingly obvious and popular to me, but he hasn't the foggiest. He has an unerring ability to make me feel old.

I realise this makes me sound like THAT GUY who quotes Fast Show at work. I promise, I'm not THAT GUY.

Whereas I am THAT GUY, and I get infuriated at my 24 year old junior developer for much the same reason ;) He's never seen Red Dwarf, FFS.
GazChap wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
BikNorton wrote:

Whereas I am THAT GUY, and I get infuriated at my 24 year old junior developer for much the same reason ;) He's never seen Red Dwarf, FFS.

Has he heard of Monty Python?
Seems like a nice boy.
Zardoz wrote:
Seems like a nice boy.

Oooh young man
I'd say there's a distinct curve for me starting from the 70s and growing, peaking in the 90s before sharply falling away after 2010.

Although, if it was just about memes as a subset of pop culture, my curve might look a bit different.

Findus Fop wrote:

Being in a forrin country (where a lot has 'crossed over' in each direction, but not everything) does exacerbate this feeling considerably for me.
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]