Battle of the Songs!
A rip-off of Song Wars? No!
Would anyone be interested in if I ran a Song Wars style competition on here? It would very similar to the ones that Craster has run previously , but I have some different ideas on how people would get knocked out and the themes and stuff.

If you could let me know in here if you are interested, that would be great. Once I have an understanding of how many people are up for it, I'll provide more details of what the structure will be etc.

Thanks

PS if you don' know what song wars is, then basically each round everyone who is playing, picks a song which they think best matches a particular theme, then everyone votes for their favourite song out of those picked, and the losers get knocked out. Then everyone left in, picks another song. this repeats until there is one song left, and they are crowned the winner!

Interested (12)
    Findus Fop
    TheVision
    MaliA
    DavPaz
    Kern
    Pundabaya
    GazChap
    JBR
    Mr Chonks
    Kovacs
    Curiosity
    Jem
I'd be up for it, if only to sear Every Rose Has it's Thorn from my memory
No one has ever liked my music, and that’s not going to start now
Findus Fop wrote:

I may enter to make sure that doesn't happen
I'll give it a go, although my music choice is terrible.
In.

Push pineapple. Shake tree
Title of your sex tape.
Agadoo 2: Electric Boogaloo
Cras wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

I may enter to make sure that doesn't happen

Giphy "bring it":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/JVuju3gx3AYUg/giphy-loop.mp4
Sounds great! Count me in.
I've put the interested parties in the first post. Cras and Mr Chonks, I wasn't sure if you two were signing up?
They posted in here so that automatically enters them I reckon.
Malc wrote:
I've put the interested parties in the first post. Cras and Mr Chonks, I wasn't sure if you two were signing up?

No thank you.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Malc wrote:

No thank you.

Yellow belly!
Malc wrote:

Sure, why not.
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Malc wrote:

No thank you.

Yellow belly!

My experience of song wars it’s just a popularity contest. You need to post the broadest most well known songs to win. Voters aren’t interested in anything new, interesting or challenging, imo. ;)
Be the change you want to see in the world Song Wars!
Mr Chonks wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Malc wrote:

No thank you.

Yellow belly!

My experience of song wars it’s just a popularity contest. You need to post the broadest most well known songs to win. Voters aren’t interested in anything new, interesting or challenging, imo. ;)

That's part of what I want to try and address with the format changes. Not saying I'll be able to do it, but I want to try
DavPaz wrote:
Be the change you want to see in the world Song Wars!

Ahem
Malc wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Malc wrote:

No thank you.

Yellow belly!

That's part of what I want to try and address with the format changes. Not saying I'll be able to do it, but I want to try

Oh go on then.
So, we are at 12 participants so far, so probably 2 groups at the moment, I'll publish the details soon.

In the meantime, the last song wars had a dedicated sub forum and dedicated space to upload songs.

Is there any chance they still exist?

@cras @grim...
We can recreate the subforum easily enough. The MP3 uploader is still there - http://www.fullonrobotchubby.co.uk/playa2/
Cor, fuck. Does it work?
Also the song wars sub-forum(s) are in the archived section of the site: https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... m.php?f=14
Can I make it an unlucky 13?
Grim... wrote:
Cor, fuck. Does it work?

Of course it fucking doesn't :roll:
Flash player?! Fuck.
Do we really need to upload songs in this day and age? Feels like a relic of a bygone era
No idea. But it was broken.
In the past, it was useful if you couldn't find the track on Youtube.
Kern wrote:

Maybe, when I had thousands of mp3s on my computer. Not so much now.
Okay but I don't see how more options is a cause for concern
Kern wrote:

YouTube, of course, being the downfall of Song Wars.
Because Curio kept winning with shitty songs that had great videos
Cras wrote:

Imagine my shock and horror to discover that a competitive situation with Curio had an undercurrent of scoring bias.
Cras wrote:

Conversely, one of my favourite songs, Bad Devil, just has a still of a naked Devin Townsend from the album cover and one of the versions is posted by a user called MisanthropicC**t and another has a description of 'that's no music for gays' :S
Curiosity wrote:
Can I make it an unlucky 13?

Of course
So it's 13 people at the moment, any more for any more?

Interested (14)
    Findus Fop
    TheVision
    MaliA
    Ken
    DavPaz
    Kern
    Pundabaya
    GazChap
    Cras
    JBR
    Mr Chonks
    Kovacs
    Curiosity
    Jem

I'll give it until the end of the week before drawing up the groups, in the meantime, can you all suggest some themes that you'd like to see used in the tournament, when I have a load, I will put up a poll for which theme(s) will be used in the first round.
Grim... wrote:
Also the song wars sub-forum(s) are in the archived section of the site: https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... m.php?f=14

Is it possible to get that (or a new one called Battle of the Songs) on the main forum page please?

Thanks
Themes:

Song for your funeral
Three-minutes of perfection
Best Ever Sax
The Best of Now That's What I Call Music
Rick Wakeman's Organ (let's get proggy)
6am sounds
Theme ideas:

Good morning!
WWF entrance music
We'll Meet Again