Car Write off - can you appeal.
As expected the car has been written off - is it possible to appeal the valuation?

How much will I get for my vehicle?

Your vehicle’s market value: £9500
Your policy excess: £250 - (I understand this is claimed form the 3rd party)
Your early settlement figure: £9803.46
The amount your finance company will receive: £9250 – This payment has been raised on a without prejudice basis to prevent further interest. Please allow your finance company a week or two to receive this and allocate it your agreement number.
You don't have to accept the first offer from your insurance company.
Yeah, you can appeal. Try and find cars on AutoTrader that are as close to yours (age, mileage, spec) as possible and use the sale price of those as grounds for getting the valuation adjusted.
Yeah, always haggle on this. Usually they'll come up.
I remember reading this advice on this very forum and I rejected the first offer on my wife's car. I managed to get an extra £400 so it's definitely worth haggling.
NEVER ACCEPT THE FIRST OFFER WITH ANYTHING x
Zardoz wrote:

I accept
Zardoz wrote:

Would you like me to give you £1000?
If the vehicles on finance than surely you won’t get any money...

Edit: or is that a % of what you’ve paid off. I don’t know. Sounds like they’ve sent the cheque to your finance company anyway.

Edit 2: and if it’s still on finance then who has authority to negotiate? Doesn’t it technically belong to the finance? I’d probably speak with them before you start doing anything prejudicial to their position.
It reads to me that the finance company need £9800 to cover the loan, and the insurance company are going to send them £9250.
The loan company will be asking Kov for that extra £550, unless he gets the insurance company to up their price on the car value.
Trooper wrote:
It reads to me that the finance company need £9800 to cover the loan, and the insurance company are going to send them £9250.
The loan company will be asking Kov for that extra £550, unless he gets the insurance company to up their price on the car value.

That is it.

I don’t want to be out of pocket.
Trooper wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

£1012 OR GTFO x
The valuation not being enough to clear the finance is irrelevant.

What you need to show is that the valuation is not enough to allow you to replace the car with an equivalent vehicle, so go hunting on auto trader for examples of similar cars that will cost more.
Zardoz wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

£1012 OR GTFO x

My second offer is £0, sorry.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
The valuation not being enough to clear the finance is irrelevant.

What you need to show is that the valuation is not enough to allow you to replace the car with an equivalent vehicle, so go hunting on auto trader for examples of similar cars that will cost more.

Cheers
Just Phoned them, and they upped the offer to clear the finance, less the access. Means I am not out of pocket.
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]