Which next gen console will you get?

Xbox X or PS5?
Xbox X  9%  [ 2 ]
PS5  45%  [ 10 ]
Both  0%  [ 0 ]
Neither  18%  [ 4 ]
Undecided (elaborate in comments)  27%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 22
I know it’s only June but we’re stuck at home all the time with no where to go so I’m day dreaming of a time when quarantine is over and I can...er... stay home and play computer games on a new console.

Has anyone decided what console they’re going for?

I’ll probably default to the PS5 without any external input although to be honest, I still much prefer the UI of the Xbox so I hope Sony update that.

I’ve not seen much about price point yet (I’ve not been looking) so that could be a factor in my decision.

Also interested to know if we’ll get cross platform gaming next gen. I’d hope so given what’s happened with Fortnite and Warzone.

No idea about exclusives going forward so I don’t think that’ll make me lean one way or the other unless it was a new release in a previous AAA series that I couldn’t live without.
I won't be buying one for a long time yet but I'll probably stick with the Xbox.

The backwards compatibility and the fact that all my friends have an Xbox seals the deal for me.
I've put undecided for now - if nothing else changes then i'll probably default PS5 - backward compatibility will be a big thing depending on how they both handle it
TheVision wrote:
I won't be buying one for a long time yet but I'll probably stick with the Xbox.

The backwards compatibility and the fact that all my friends have an Xbox seals the deal for me.

Hurtful
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.

What I meant to say was real friends.
TheVision wrote:

And me!
TheVision wrote:

I’m real, you bastard
So that's it decided then! We're all getting the new Xbox.
PS5 to start, mainly due to past exclusives being in my wheelhouse, but if I’ve got spare change then the Xbox thereafter for Game Pass and Halo.
PS5 but it’ll probably be a year or so after launch.
PS5 because it's all about the games and it will have them (in terms of exclusive). The Xbox will not so balls to it.
I fully expect to order a PS5 as soon as I can, but the new Flight Simulator could end up with me buying an XBox.

There could be some surprises about pricing and spec that makes me change my mind, but I doubt it.
As soon as the PS5 preorders open they have my money.
Nothing for me unless my PC breaks in the foreseeable future.
Switch 2. Game Pass for PC does my Microscrofula games. There'd have to be a pretty colossal console exclusive for me to buy in. A new Mirror's Edge exculsive or a Twin Peaks/Animal Crossing mashup.
Dimrill wrote:
Switch 2. Game Pass for PC does my Microscrofula games. There'd have to be a pretty colossal console exclusive for me to buy in. A new Mirror's Edge exculsive or a Twin Peaks/Animal Crossing mashup.

Interesting. Who is the Tom Nook of the Twin Peaks universe?

And who is the Bob of the Animal Crossing in universe?
I think each answers the other.
If either gets enough games that warrant me buying it then that one, If both do, then both.
Dimrill wrote:
Switch 2.

Septic Boogaloo.
I haven't given this a huge amount of thought, or at least critical thought, but I'm hovering between Can't decide and Neither. I don't play games very often nowadays, like once or twice a month and can sometimes go months without playing anything on a console attached to a TV. I use my Switch more often and that isn't every day.
You missed Ford off the list.

My dad had a Ford Console but it was spelled differently.
Usualy i wait ou a year and see where it's heading (and what you guys are buying i guess), which led me tot xbox 360 and then ps4.... Play more on my switch though....
(kids are saying ps5 by the way)
I voted for neither
I play on the switch, steve plays on his massive gaming pc with superduper everything and katie plays on anything she can get her hands on
I'm still a floating voter.

Probably won't be there day one though.
I'm in no hurry to get any next gen consoles. Most of the stuff I play isn't exactly pushing the current technology except for maybe Rocket League. I'll be looking to pick up other retro consoles before I go for anything new.
Rocket League runs on the Switch so could run on a potato, probably.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Rocket League runs on the Switch so could run on a potato, probably.

I occasionally play it on the Switch instead of loading up the Xbox One version and although it runs, the Switch does seem to struggle with it (or it's a bad port)
Grim... wrote:
As soon as the PS5 preorders open they have my money.

Day Fucking One, Son club, representin'
I can't see me getting one urgently but most likely getting a PS5
I’d like to think I’ll get one if not day one, then at least 2020 but I might be kidding myself a bit that I’ll still have time to play come the end of the year.
Page 1 of 1 [ 31 posts ]