Nintendo Switch RPG RMD
Can’t believe I forgot Undertale. One of the best games I’ve played.
That list seems very JRPG heavy, is that just Nintendo? I’m sure if I got into one I’d enjoy it but I don’t feel the pull the way I do toward a GTA, Skyrim, Fallout, Assassins Creed. If I could play GTA and Fallout on the Switch I’d be utterly content.
Ah you would consider gta an rpg... not really sure if there is something like that on the switch... still skyrim is
The stuff you're taking about is like big AAA titles, and for all the passion people have for the console it's really not about that kind of stuff because porting it isn't necessarily easy or possible because it's so (relatively) underpowered. Obviously some Devs have made the effort with older stuff (e.g. Witcher 3, older Assassin's Creed things) but generally unless you embrace Nintendo first party titles and indie stuff I suspect you'll be frustrated.
Bamba wrote:
The stuff you're taking about is like big AAA titles, and for all the passion people have for the console it's really not about that kind of stuff because porting it isn't necessarily easy or possible because it's so (relatively) underpowered. Obviously some Devs have made the effort with older stuff (e.g. Witcher 3, older Assassin's Creed things) but generally unless you embrace Nintendo first party titles and indie stuff I suspect you'll be frustrated.

Good points all, but playing Devil's advocate for a moment, is the Switch underpowered compared to the PS3, the initial home of GTAV?

Being even more DA-y, I don't think GTA is an RPG. But with Skyrim on there, OP should be content? At least before discovering the beauty of the JRPG.
Bamba wrote:

GTA V was initially released on PS3/360. If it can run on those it can run on the Switch. There may be other reasons why it hasn’t been ported yet.
I did not even realize it was coming out on the switch but just saw a random link for "The Outer Worlds"

Out of stock https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/the-ou ... ys-3472834 but it got a very good write up at release and the thread on here was pretty positive

https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... =3&t=11422

Release date is down as 5th of June so next week
That’s definitely something @sdg should consider if she wants an RPG like Fallout.
Thanks for the heads up myp, and for linking the thread Zaphod! Sounds like exactly what I’m looking for.

Should have clarified, I realise GTA isn’t an RPG but it helps to illustrate the sort of story driven, open world adventure style game I’m craving. Also, for some reason recently I’ve just really really wanted to play GTA; I’ve played every single one since the first and I’m a total sucker for them.
Page 2 of 2 [ 60 posts ]