Bargains, Bargains, Bargains!
Cheap!
Classic Civ is Civ 2.
Findus Fop wrote:
For those with underpowered laptops and a hankering for classic civ, Civ IV and all its expansions can be had on Steam for just 3.74 at the moment.

Already had Colonization but I’ll gladly take the others, cheers for the heads up.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Classic Civ is Civ 2.

Agree. Civ 2 is best for me.
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Classic Civ is Civ 2.

Agree. Civ 2 is best for me.

Thirded
Huh. An unexpected thread full of bellends.
Wait, not unexpected.
GazChap wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
For those with underpowered laptops and a hankering for classic civ, Civ IV and all its expansions can be had on Steam for just 3.74 at the moment.

Already had Colonization but I’ll gladly take the others, cheers for the heads up.

The civ 4 colonisation was bobbins.
Mr Dave wrote:

Not as good as the original, no. Still decent fun though, and apparently you can get mods for it to make it more like the original.

There’s always FreeCol, too.
GazChap wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Not as good as the original, no. Still decent fun though, and apparently you can get mods for it to make it more like the original.

I forget exactly why it was broken, it was something like that it punished you for doing well by exponentially growing the Kings army.
Mr Dave wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

I forget exactly why it was broken, it was something like that it punished you for doing well by exponentially growing the Kings army.

Past me to the rescue :

https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... 17#p275217
8 year old Fop is off school ill so I've introduced her to Civ IV. It's delightful watching someone with a child's mindset explore it. So far she is gleefully researching Pottery, Maths and Fishing. And has yet to build a Warrior...
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capc ... ega_bundle

Humble Capcom megabundle

Quote:
Pay £1 or more to unlock

STRIDER™
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony
RESIDENT EVIL 2 - All In-game Rewards Unlock DLC

Beat the average to unlock!

Mega Man X Legacy Collection
Resident Evil 0 HD REMASTER
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Complete Season
50% off RESIDENT EVIL 2 Humble Store Coupon
50% off Devil May Cry 5 Humble Store Coupon

Pay £15.50 or more to unlock!

Mega Man 11
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Devil May Cry® 4 Special Edition
Resident Evil HD REMASTER
Dead Rising 4
Couple of freebies.

Tomb Raider (the reboot) plus spin-off Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (sequel to Guardian of Light) from Square Enix store but redeemed on Steam:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tomb-r ... us-3425385

And Child of Light from uPlay:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/child- ... pc-3425258

Tomb Raider stuff is available now until Monday and Child of Light is available from Tuesday.
Lara Croft Go is currently free on your respective mobile app store of choice.
Monument Valley 2 too.
Zardoz wrote:
Monument Valley 2 too.

Damn I bought that a few weeks ago !
Also 9p on the Switch.
Nice, thank you. Grabbed on PC.
Because you play it on your phone while looking at the monitor / tv (it's a website, no phone app required) you can stream it using Zoom or whatever and people can play remotely.
Grim... wrote:
Because you play it on your phone while looking at the monitor / tv (it's a website, no phone app required) you can stream it using Zoom or whatever and people can play remotely.

Is that how you've been doing it? Pointing a webcam at the local TV that's hosting the game?
Presumably by sharing your screen over Zoom/Hangouts/whatever?

If I wanted to use it for a Friday team call, could it work for 30 people?
You can share your screen from the machine running it (don't forget to share your sound too).
We played jackbox on zoom with a dozen people on Friday afternoon and it worked just dandy.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Is that how you've been doing it? Pointing a webcam at the local TV that's hosting the game?

No, I played it on a PC you buffoon!
Trooper wrote:
You can share your screen from the machine running it (don't forget to share your sound too).
We played jackbox on zoom with a dozen people on Friday afternoon and it worked just dandy.

Dirty
Trooper wrote:

Jem and I did this last night with some pals, too. Although I couldn't work out how to share the computer audio via Google Hangouts.
I don't think you can share audio in hangouts, Zoom has it as an option in the client.
Totally Reliable Delivery Service (think Human Fall Flat meets Crazy Taxi, probably, I'm making this up based on very little research) was released today and has instantly gone free on the Epic Store. Co-op is very much a thing so it looks like it might be an entertaining way to while away the quarantine.

Tabletop Simulator 50% at the moment on Steam if you fancy joining me for some board/tabletop games. :kiss:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Tabletop Simulator 50% at the moment on Steam if you fancy joining me for some board/tabletop games. :kiss:

:'(
Gravity Wars free on Steam at the moment. Looks a bit like Geometry Wars crossed with Gravity Power it seems.
Happy's Humble Burger Barn is worth a go on itch.io .
GOGs sales end in 24h if anybodys missing any of the really older stuff
For those in need of snacks but dont want to venture outside

https://www.piperscrisps.com/shop

Really nice crisps - half normal price - and free delivery
zaphod79 wrote:
For those in need of snacks but dont want to venture outside

https://www.piperscrisps.com/shop

Really nice crisps - half normal price - and free delivery

I've just bought a mixed box entirely on a weird whim. I am half cut mind, and the apocalypse has been weirdly good for my bank account.
Wild thyme and rosemary sound amazing. Actually, they all go, but wild thyme and rosemary!!!!
I bought a mixed box - have not tried Rosemary and Thyme yet but the others have all been very nice - and of course crisps named after the famous gardening detectives must be great :-)
We have bought the 150g mixed box, thanks for the headsup, Zaphod. Have tried the rosemary ones in the past and they're good. I'm particularly partial to their jalapeno and dill though.

Though now I'm looking for boxes of Bobby's Spirals.
Findus Fop wrote:
We have bought the 150g mixed box, thanks for the headsup, Zaphod. Have tried the rosemary ones in the past and they're good. I'm particularly partial to their jalapeno and dill though.

And we received them in less than 24 hours! We rarely need crisps desparately, but good to know the essentials can be procured with a day's notice.
Findus Fop wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

And we received them in less than 24 hours! We rarely need crisps desparately, but good to know the essentials can be procured with a day's notice.

:this:

Thought they'd last ages, but I'm two packs in already.
JBR wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

:this:

Thought they'd last ages, but I'm two packs in already.

Mine arrived today as well! So far each of us have only consumed one packet, but the weekend will see that skyrocket no doubt.
And as if by magic, Mrs Fop returns home with this
Free ebook of American Gods (Neil Gaimen)

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/ ... 5471810561

I think we(they)'ve downed NetGalley...
throughsilver wrote:
I think we(they)'ve downed NetGalley...

Yip

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/ ... 2363096066

Not the first time he's tweeted something out and killed the server :-)
Flashback is 89p on the Switch.
Page 167 of 172 [ 8562 posts ]