Outlook Query
Just been asked by a colleague, if there is a way to change the font, for any mails sent by the customer.

I can see a way though conditional formatting, from a specific email address but not from @customer.com
I don't believe so, no. What a weird thing to want to do. Unless the customer always emails in an odd font or something.
Anything but plain text email is deviancy
Cras wrote:
I don't believe so, no. What a weird thing to want to do. Unless the customer always emails in an odd font or something.

It is one of our Project managers that keeps missing customer emails... wanted in RED!! so they stand out.

we can use @ but then that us all external emails
Could you set up incoming mail to get customers messages flagged with a colour instead?
You can certainly set a filter to flag them as important.

Or, you know, tell the PM to read their fucking emails.
KovacsC wrote:
Cras wrote:

It is one of our Project managers that keeps missing customer emails... wanted in RED!! so they stand out.

we can use @ but then that us all external emails

I don't see how changing the font does that. What would make sense would be to use an inbox rule to assign it to a category which colour codes it - and you can then display the category in the message list.
Or move it to a folder marked "READ THESE, NOB/LADY-NOB".
Grim... wrote:
You can certainly set a filter to flag them as important.

Or, you know, tell the PM to read their fucking emails.

'too busy' apparently :)
If the project manager can't do their job, get a different one.
Emails appear to be about 90% of the jobs of the project managers I have worked alongside. The other 10% being creating Gant charts that are out of date before anyone else gets to even look at them.
That company’s PMs are absolutely dreadful, no doubt about it. I ended up doing parts of their job even though it wasn’t in my remit, just because things wouldn’t get done otherwise
I was listed as a project manager on an attendee list for a workshop, I can't think of a time at work when I was more offended.
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]