Office Router RMD
Niche audience for this one!
Our Internet at our office here has become increasingly unstable, and I'm reasonably sure it's because we have too many devices connecting to our little TP-Link router (TL-WDR3600, fact fans) and it's struggling.

Can anyone recommend a decent router for a small(ish?) office, with the following features?

- must either have a fibre modem built in, or be capable of accepting a connection from a BTopenreach fibre modem
- must support NAT
- must support WiFi, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, ideally also with guest network capability
- VPN capability would be nice, if that means we could VPN into our network without running a VPN Server anywhere
- be capable of supporting our device needs, which are:

a) VoIP system and it's traffic
b) at least 30 devices, connected either via WiFi or Ethernet (we already have a decent PoE switch for Ethernet traffic)
Draytek. Draytek for days. They're bomb-proof.
How big is your office, though?
As in, physically? Not that big - about 15m x 15m, one floor.
Oh right, so you don't need a mesh network or anything.

We had a Draytek wireless router at my old place and it was fantastic. I can find the model for you if you'd like but that was five or so years ago so there are probably new ones.

Note - they're not cheap.
Cheers, will have a look. Done cheap before, but even an expensive router is probably not as expensive as having our office out of action for ten minutes every hour!
I went with this one in the end.
Four aerials, must be good.
I have an earlier version of that, but it only has 3 aerials, I didn't realise I was so out of date.
I'm just disappointed that it doesn't also include a lubricating strip.
Trooper wrote:
I have an earlier version of that, but it only has 3 aerials, I didn't realise I was so out of date.

I'll give you antennae for it.
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]