Mimi Happy Returns
Cheers, lovely people!!
No more work till the next decade.
:luv: Happy birthday mimi!
KovacsC wrote:
No more work till the next decade.

Pedants: You're taking a gap year?
Right?

The decade ends on the 31st December, 2020.
How much are you tipping the milkman?
Gold. Or red if they're watching their diet.
I’m watching a program about Mormons on Netflix, and honestly the weirdest thing is that they’ve just named a newborn baby ‘Ian’.
MaliA wrote:

About 10°. I was going for 20, but he was fighting back.
BTW, Happy Birthday Belatedly, Mimi.
Warhead wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Giphy "applause":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/143WAqb351Q1Vu/giphy-loop.mp4
Zardoz wrote:
Warhead wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Giphy "applause":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/l9Tllo1thElT5gvVOU/giphy-loop.mp4

Q
I remember a segment on an episode of "Tomorrow's World" introduced with a coloured clip of the robot from "Metropolis". It was called "Tomorrow 2020". And today that is the case.
Same procedure as every year.
You can all go to bed now
DavPaz wrote:
You can all go to bed now

Phew. Thanks DavPaz. I was knackered!
Happy new year to you all xxx

2019 has been a fucking cunt of a year.
Happy new year everyone.
Given its 07:00 and I'm just going to bed, my wife started work an hour ago and is working until 20:00 how likely am I to sort the new years roast out in time? Happy new year everyone!
Happy New Year everyone!

Giphy "2020":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/mF5RdvGBp4FXdn5klz/giphy-loop.mp4
Happy new year. This should be a great year.
Hopefully it's better than last year which wasn't one of my finest.

HNY everyone
Anyone interested in an Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd generation, with voice remote) ? Just upgraded to the 4K one so don't have any need for the old one any more.
"Shall we take down a few cards?" becomes complete removal of all Christmas items from the house in a move that will surprise no-one.

We are de-festivised.
DavPaz wrote:
"Shall we take down a few cards?" becomes complete removal of all Christmas items from the house in a move that will surprise no-one.

We are de-festivised.

I'm trying to, Joan's is resisting... I have done most of it. We have agreed to play Degrees of separation and the tree goes away tomorrow.
My cards have until Twelfth Night for their meagre rations of Blu-Tak to fail them.
Happy new year everyone
Dutch people are insane about fireworks and I have been absolutely miserable but Im better now its over
One for reference, and one for lending to those who need a hand.
MaliA wrote:

On fancy dress " ...Only the naturally alluring should attempt seriously sexy outfits"
And
"remember that someone is not socially dead until after their funeral..."
Tiger Shark, do do dee doo!
Tiger Shark blew a tyre in the first event and was sidelined. Gutted
Is that why everyone left?
MaliA wrote:

You ordered two by mistake, didn't you, eeejit.
Walked into the office at 9:30. Fairy lights, tinsel and christmas music blaring. I reckon we're in denial.

I've had a few Quality Streets.
My tree and stuff went away yesterday...
I took our stuff down on the 2nd, but the tree box and decs are still sat in the corner where the tree had been so I'm not sure it counts.
Christmas has gone at home, was never much Christmas stuff at work (new building so new rules) so it's all back to normal now.

Just the tree to be taken by council next week. Think they get used round here to build up sand dunes along the coast.
All the tinsel blew off my van on Christmas Eve.

Tree and cards came down on NYD iirc.

We pulled some crackers with Sunday dinner yesterday because we'd forgotten all about them on Christmas Day.
My latest favourite @fesshole entry.

”Years ago a colleague left her PC unlocked, so I set autocorrect to change the word 'customer' to 'punter'. The memory of her furiously deleting the rogue words and typing customer, only for it to immediately change back to punter still makes me chuckle."

Reminds me of a typist at the office I was at when we installed the very first networked PCs in 1990. The typing pool (remember them?) staff had to learn how to use the shitty "Cliqword" word processor and one of them found this particularly difficult. She called me one day because she said "someone" was messing with her work and changing words in her docs. She'd correct them, but when she saved the doc, the words would change again.

I went to watch her correct and save a doc. What she hadn't mentioned was that the spell checker was suggesting different words for ones that weren't in its list before it saved the docs. She wasn't reading the screen, she just kept hitting the return key unwittingly changing all the words herself. Boy, was she embarrassed when I pointed it out to her.
Warhead wrote:
”Years ago a colleague left her PC unlocked, so I set autocorrect to change the word 'customer' to 'punter'. The memory of her furiously deleting the rogue words and typing customer, only for it to immediately change back to punter still makes me chuckle."

Goodness, that could backfire so hard...
DavPaz wrote:
Happy Jem Day!

Thanks dude :luv:
Happy Birthday!
:this:

Giphy "happy birthday powerlifter":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/3ohs7W7ACsSvyY5WoM/giphy-loop.mp4
Nailed right on.
Happy Birthday Jem!
Thanks all.

Kids are back at school today too so I've been celebrating, as you can imagine. I did the housework, I replied to some emails, and now I'm baking some brownies because apparently when you get old you have to provide your own cake?!

Rock n roll!
Page 79 of 100 [ 4953 posts ]