Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
MTX to be added later
Now, I’m not saying this to be contrarian, cause I know there’s SW fanboys here, but this looked dull as fuck. It’s got a bit of nuTomb Raider about it with rope swings, slowly walking across thin beams and, best of all, pushing in between thin cracks in the environment. And scanning. And skill points. Mind you, it’s also got double jumps and a bit of 3D Prince of Persia wall runs too. It looks slick and well presented but it also looks very dry, like, we’ve seen all this before but now it’s got a SW soundtrack and sound effects and some shit character from Rogue One.

Still, it’s early days and might end up worthwhile and interesting beyond what’s shown in this 13 minute gameplay video.

Go spaff your undercrackers over it.

Yeah, it doesn't look like my cup of tea. I just wish someone would do a modern take on Tie Fighter.
markg wrote:
Yeah, it doesn't look like my cup of tea. I just wish someone would do a modern take on Tie Fighter.

A niche within a niche, can’t see it happening, sadly.
It has to be on PSVR as well, though.
markg wrote:
It has to be on PSVR as well, though.

Anything else?
Very reasonably priced.
With no micro transactions.
And moon on a stick DLC
Mr Chonks wrote:
And moon on a stick DLC

that’s no moon
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
And moon on a stick DLC

that’s no moon

You sir, are on form this week.
I had no idea this was a Souls-like which lessens my desire to play it. And the rest of that desire is largely quashed by the Eurogamer review claiming that after the first ten hours it becomes tedious:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... l-problems
Polygon review is opposite though. Doesn’t like it at first then loves it. And it’s only Souls-like if you whack up the difficulty.

I’m waiting until under £30
Well, it's still Souls-like in structure regardless of difficulty but yeah, it has been mentioned that you can work round any spikes by dropping the level down. It's just the idea of having to re-fight loads of enemies in general, plus the fact that the game's structure forces you to revisit already completed areas into the bargain, somewhat eats into my interest.
Actual people, as opposed to cynical reviewers and industry shills with no dignity, seem to be saying it's pretty good. Nothing innovative, but does everything it does really well, which is good enough for me.

However, for £55 they can piss off, it's single player only, so i'll wait till it is cheaper.
Isn't this on EA Access? That's about £8 a month isn't it so if you could clock it in a month, that seems like a good deal.

That's if it IS on EA Access that is?
TheVision wrote:
Isn't this on EA Access? That's about £8 a month isn't it so if you could clock it in a month, that seems like a good deal.

That's if it IS on EA Access that is?

EA Access is a bargainous £18 per year. Tends to be older games, so suspect this wouldn't be on it.
It's on EA/Origin access premier, which is £14 a month or £80 a year.
I had a quick dip into this and I’ve got to say, the first hour is bloody good fun and looks amazing. It reminded me a lot of the first hour of Uncharted 2. There’s an absolutely great train sequence, reminiscent of that heist in Solo, but you’re running through a train which is getting destroyed. I was fully engorged engaged throughout.

I reckon inbetween doing a level or two in Doom 64 this will be my next game to play. Very surprising.
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]