WongaWatch - The Grand Game Expenditure Thread 2019

How much do you expect you'll spend on games & consoles in 2019?
£0 - £1 - Yar, yar and/or freeware for me yo.  6%  [ 1 ]
£1 - £50  0%  [ 0 ]
£50 - £100  6%  [ 1 ]
£100 - £200 (~£12.50/month)  0%  [ 0 ]
£200 - £300  18%  [ 3 ]
£300 - £400  18%  [ 3 ]
£400 - £600 (~£50/month)  12%  [ 2 ]
£600 - £800  6%  [ 1 ]
£800 - £1000  6%  [ 1 ]
£1000 - £1200 (~£100/month)  18%  [ 3 ]
£1200 - £1500  0%  [ 0 ]
£1500 - £2000  0%  [ 0 ]
£2000 - £mental  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 16
<4.45> Shovel Knight - Specter of Torment (Switch)
<2.99> Faraway: Tropic Escape
<64.99> Death Stranding Deluxe Edition, PS4 Pro. (Pre-order, release is on the 8th.)
<219.98> Sharp Twin Famicom and games

Decided to treat myself
Attachment:
twin.PNG
<9.99> Battlepass call of duty mobile
devilman wrote:
<219.98> Sharp Twin Famicom and games

Decided to treat myself
Attachment:
twin.PNG

I’d like to come over to your house and just smell a bunch of old video game stuff.
*launches the 'Devilman museum of crappy consoles, dust and pac-man ghosts'*
Attachment:
IMG_20191104_101536.jpg
Hey! My Nan has that Intellivision console, and she used to play some kind of cops and robbers type game ENDLESSLY. I think it was called something like... Smash & Grab? Lock & Go? It was a Pac-Man like maze, and you had to clear all of the coins, and there was a money bag, or burger, or some other random thing at the centre of each screen. My Nan could okay for literally hours without losing a life. She was AMAZING at it. My Nan only had one arm, so she could control that spinny disc controller without any worry on that game.
Lock & Chase! Looked it up on Hoghles.
Mimi wrote:

Good old Hoghles. Never sell your datas, do Hoghles.
DavPaz wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Good old Hoghles. Never sell your datas, do Hoghles.

I do man’ t want Big Data knowing what video game my Nan played 20+ years ago.

Giphy "tinfoil hat":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/3JUW6lWJQn11wDHt9y/giphy-loop.mp4
<33.90> Gotek Floppy Drive Emulator and IDE cable

Attachment:
IMG_20191105_193511.jpg

Took longer than I expected to figure out how to get it running, but mainly because it didn't like the first USB stick I tried.
And just in case I ever run out of games to play.

PRGuino SD Card Reader for the C64 <20>

It just goes in the C64's tape deck socket and you load up the SD card with .PRG files.
<11.24> Hotline Miami Collection (Switch)
<6.69> Human Fall Flat (Switch)
Human Fall Flat solo is ok. Human Fall Flat coop is incredible.
I'm playing it solo on the PC at the moment and it's fun enough but definitely feels like it's lacking something.
The more the better. Three was amazing.
Do you get different levels in coop? There's nothing in the versions I've played that would require or even really support multiple people.
Bamba wrote:
Do you get different levels in coop? There's nothing in the versions I've played that would require or even really support multiple people.

Nope, same levels
<7.99> Vader Immortal: Episode I (Oculus)
<2.09> Candle: The Power of the Flame for the Switch.
<13.99> Superliminal. This is the first time I've bought a game (near) day one for ages and I'm very much looking forward to having my head fucked by it's madness.

<3.09> Escape Funky Island
Oh, I forgot about the fish game.

<£55>ish - CoD Modern Worf Hair
<£20> - Jackbox Party Pack 6
<10.99> Donut County for the Switch
<11.29> Baba Is You also for the Switch
<8.24> GTA V Xbox One

3rd time I've bought this game.
<37> 12 months PSN thing.
<17.49> A Plague Tale: Innocence

Not intending to play it until after I've finished Death Stranding, but it was half price on GOG so I snagged it ahead of time. (It's still £39.99 on Steam.)
<6.48> on Metrico and the second Batman Telltale game for the PC.
<8.99> Way of the Ninja for the Switch.
<7.49> Tabletop Simulator (PC)
Mr Chonks wrote:

Can’t imagine that’s a very exciting game. ‘Press A to pass salt. Oh no, you’ve dropped gravy on the table linens!’
Mr Chonks wrote:

I'm really disappointed that's not what it sounds like.
<28> Disco Elysium (Steam/PC)
<465> RTX 2070 Super

oops

what can I say? Disco Elysium runs like crap in 4k and it's a freaking isometric game. It tipped me over the edge.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
<465> RTX 2070 Super

oops

what can I say? Disco Elysium runs like crap in 4k and it's a freaking isometric game. It tipped me over the edge.

It plays well with your mobo and CPU I trust!
Mr Chonks wrote:

Should do. The rest of my PC is more up to date than the 970 I’m using (i7-7600, Z370.)
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

Should do. The rest of my PC is more up to date than the 970 I’m using (i7-7600, Z370.)

Nice. I’m starting to think I need a new CPU as my i5-4690K is getting a bit long in the tooth now, and seems to be the bottleneck if I have any issues.
<17.49> Dark Souls: Remastered
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
<28> Disco Elysium (Steam/PC)

How is this? I'm very tempted.
Trooper wrote:
How is this? I'm very tempted.

Based only on the first hour or so, fantastic. See the What's Everyone Playing? thread.
<458> RTX 2070 Super
<111> Lian Li case, 256gb SSD and 6 cheap RGB fans to complete leftover parts bedroom PC.
<35.00> Fifa 20 PS4
<3.89> Doors: Awakening for Android.
Forgot to add this from last week

<36> - Pokemon Shield
<12> lovers in dangerous space-time
MaliA wrote:

4 player with the kids?
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

4 player with the kids?

I would have to buy more controllers!

But, yes, this is A Plan
<3.11> Party Hard (Xbox One). Someone recommended this to me earlier and I noticed it was 70% off, so I thought I'd give it a go.

From Wikipedia: "In the game, players assume the role of a serial killer who infiltrate several parties with the objective of killing all attendants without getting caught."

The small graphics are tough on my ageing eyes, but it's a fun little game.
It's fun for a while but gets boring really quickly I found. Not least because your can spend ages in a level only for the wheels to come off unpredictably near the end and the restarts feels like quite a punishment. A very very good idea that could've been much better implemented I felt.
Bamba wrote:
It's fun for a while but gets boring really quickly I found. Not least because your can spend ages in a level only for the wheels to come off unpredictably near the end and the restarts feels like quite a punishment. A very very good idea that could've been much better implemented I felt.

Although I've only played the first four levels, I can certainly see what you mean. It's a nice diversion from The Binding of Isaac at least.
Page 13 of 15 [ 708 posts ]