General Election 2019
Votey-time again, so we might as well have a thread.
Tory majority of 8
Lin Dems get 21
Feel it's too early to start making predictions. Much depends on what Farage does - if he decides to pull back, life becomes that bit easier for the Tories.
Whoever wins, we all lose.
4/1 odds on a Conservative minority government sounds like a decent bet. I think they may get a majority, but they have a risk of running up the numbers in some areas and losing some tighter ones. I think a lot will come down to tactical voting, intra-party deals and what Farage does.

16/1 on Tory/Farage coalition too.
GazChap wrote:
Whoever wins, we all lose.

Evergreen post - this can basically be added to any future General Election and be 100% accurate
Curiosity wrote:
16/1 on Tory/Farage coalition too.

Giphy "nightmare":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/8BcDdqdAyqAdW/giphy-loop.mp4
Grim... wrote:
Dude!

Quite right. Have edited
I’m going to refuse to deliver election shit this time. It maybe undignified but IDGAF
Even the postal votes?
Kern wrote:
Even the postal votes?

I mean the party guff. Of course I’ll deliver the polling cards and postal vote forms.
Vote Early.
Vote Often.
Vote Doom.

What are his views on the bypass?
Is the Monster Raving Loony Party still going? If they are, there's a potential alliance with at least two or three parties.
MrC wrote:
Is the Monster Raving Loony Party still going? If they are, there's a potential alliance with at least two or three parties.

https://www.omrlp.com/
And of course the person who deserves to be the leader of the country

https://twitter.com/LordBuckethead/stat ... 9905725440

DavPaz wrote:
MrC wrote:

https://www.omrlp.com/

OK, fair enough, I should have googled it. Sorry.

So, how about some coalition government with the Monster Raving Loony Party, the Monster Raving Labour Party and the Monster Raving Tory Party? Surely that would work?
Mr Chonks wrote:
I’m going to refuse to deliver election shit this time. It maybe undignified but IDGAF

Do you get a choice?
zaphod79 wrote:
And of course the person who deserves to be the leader of the country

Except the guy who stood for election as Lord Buckethead lost control of the Twitter account to somebody who owns the original scifi character. That account hasn't been him for over a year.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Kern wrote:
Even the postal votes?

I mean the party guff. Of course I’ll deliver the polling cards and postal vote forms.

How will people learn about who to vote for?
Giphy "i don’t know, coastguard?":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/xUNda1QKHViLZuxtra/giphy-loop.mp4

Useless.
Cras wrote:
Except the guy who stood for election as Lord Buckethead lost control of the Twitter account to somebody who owns the original scifi character. That account hasn't been him for over a year.

:-(

https://www.buckethead4maidenhead.com/
Most of his policies seem quite reasonable for a novelty candidate.
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/11 ... 5776188418

I assume he'd have to give up that slot during purdah
Mr Dave wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

Do you get a choice?

Yep. One of my European colleagues refused to deliver Brexit leaflets for the euros.
Looks like the Brexit Party will be standing in all seats, thank fuck for that.
This stirs things up a bit. So much more fun than having a proper voting system!
So many of them are complete nutbars. That's what happens when you don't actually give a shit about vetting people, you guys want them to pay you for the chance to be a candidate.
Excuse me, but where is your evidence that she isn't from Sirius? I think shifty alien cunts in human skin suits could explain a lot that's going on right now.
Does make sense. After all, Sirius is the Dog Whistle star.
Cras wrote:
Does make sense. After all, Sirius is the Dog Whistle star.

Nicely done
MrC wrote:

I met Screaming Lord Such many years ago in Tooting. I got a badge :)
I met him in Waterstones, Blackpool. He gave me some Loony money.
Just to recap the past 24 hours: two senior Tories called a group of voters thick and Mr Johnson accused the opposition as on a par with Stalin.

Great start guys!
I thought they weren't so much a group of voters they were calling thick, as those who died in Grenfell? So, they can't vote, so it's fine, no problems with the campaign at all!
Kern wrote:
Just to recap the past 24 hours: two senior Tories called a group of voters thick and Mr Johnson accused the opposition as on a par with Stalin.

Great start guys!

Don't forget their doctoring of a video to attempt to make Keir Starmer look bad, getting rumbled immediately and half-arsing an explanation for it the next day.
It's hard to keep up.

A more curious development is the reports of Sinn Fein stepping aside for the SDLP in particular seats to help get the DUP out. Which would mean an absentionist party stepping aside in the hope that the seat gets better representation.
Lady Hermon is standing down. To my shame, I was never really aware of her until this year, and her absolute anger at the government will be much missed.
Kern wrote:

Great start guys!

I particularly liked the way the first Tory called them thick, then realised this wasn't ideal so claimed it was all a misunderstanding. In the mean time the second Tory insisted that the first one *did* mean it all along.
That's bad news. I liked him.
Blimey!

It's almost like nobody wants to be anywhere near the oncoming shitstorm when it hits.
Kern wrote:
Blimey!

It's almost like nobody wants to be anywhere near the oncoming shitstorm when it hits.

Farage is doing his best to be at a safe distance. I have no doubt he prefers getting an MEP’s salary for no work and being free to criticise everyone rather than actually achieve Brexit and bear the responsibility.
Shrewsbury’s Labour candidate, who has run in the past three GEs (I think it’s three anyway) has apparently been rather unceremoniously deselected as the candidate.

It was actually looking promising for a Labour victory over the Tories in Shrewsbury (Daniel Kawcyznski (sp?) has not been very popular amongst the masses of late)

I doubt Labour are going to get anywhere close to his majority this time though, as Dr Laura Davies was pretty popular.
devilman wrote:
Kern wrote:

Great start guys!

Don't forget their doctoring of a video to attempt to make Keir Starmer look bad, getting rumbled immediately and half-arsing an explanation for it the next day.

Just another element of their grand plan to lose the election because they haven't got a clue what to do if they win.
Page 1 of 5 [ 246 posts ]