The Joker - spoliers
Spoliers
I thought I would start a separate post up.
I saw this last night at it took a while to process the film.

i was not expecting it to go down the mental health route, as we are used to the joker being crazy, but comic book crazy, with batman stopping his plans etc.
In this they put a human tribute to him, JP played him fantastically, and you see how hw descends or rises (depending on your view) to being the Joker. it seems a series of unfortunate events, coupled with his medication being taken away, pushes him over the edge.

Was about 30 mins too long but a solid 9/10
I thought it was good, but not great. It fucked with Batman canon, and I thought the death of T&M Wayne was a lazy inclusion. It also thought the only way something could be dramatic is if it blared string bass notes at you.

Is was good film though, and your boy Joaquin did great (although I didn't like his laugh).

It suffered from the same problem as a lot of "supervillain origin stories", in that it ruins the supervillain. Knowing why the Joker is evil takes away from his evilness somewhat.

I did like the fact that the first time we saw Bruce he slid down a pole, though :)
I haven't seen it. I won't see it. It is the least necessary film ever, as its an origin for a character who doesn't need an origin, and in fact the character himself rejects the the whole idea. The Joker does not need to excuse being the Joker.
So you won't read The Killing Joke?
Pundabaya wrote:
I haven't seen it. I won't see it. It is the least necessary film ever, as its an origin for a character who doesn't need an origin, and in fact the character himself rejects the the whole idea. The Joker does not need to excuse being the Joker.

Joker already has several origin stories. At least four that I can think of.
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]