Do you have a will?
How much did you pay?
I'm looking at getting a will written but I've been quoted something like £220 for a couples will (covering the wife and I) from an independent will writer.

Do you have a will? If so, how much did you pay?
I looked into using Farewill the other day and it seemed pretty reasonable and straightforward. Never finished the application as I was missing some information.

Should return to it before I get flattened by a Boris bus.
Sat writes wills. Hit him up.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Sat writes wills. Hit him up.

Good point. What would you charge for a couples will @satsuma ?
I wouldn’t use a Will writer or an online service. I’ve heard some horror stories from clients over the years. Solicitors tend to be a bit more expensive but you know you’re getting a quality service that’s protected in case anything goes wrong.

I normally charge £250 for married folk who are just having mirror wills and where the value of the estate is under £325K. But I’ll undercut any scumbag to get some work! If anyone needs something local, DM me and I’ll do for a discounted BeeX mates rates. Say, £200 for mirror wills. Anyone on benefits can have a dirt cheap Will for “however much you can spare” cause I think everyone needs a Will.

NB: it will require me coming around your gaff and you making me a tea.
Satsuma wrote:
Anyone on benefits can have a dirt cheap Will for “however much you can spare” cause I think everyone needs a Will.

:luv:
Also, without being (too) mercenary, you could probably make some great PR by offering that service. The solicitor who believes everyone deserves a will.
What about pensioners?

And what is 'local?'
Depends how much money those pesky pensioners have got under their couch.

FYI I’m east mids based.
Satsuma wrote:
Depends how much money those pesky pensioners have got under their couch.

FYI I’m east mids based.

Rumbled, damn your eyes.

As a working pensioner, my income is higher than it's ever been, not that it's a huge amount, even so. NB if I was a wealthy pensioner, I wouldn't be doing this job.
I need to have a look at mine again I suppose.
It was done using one of the DIY templates and is incredibly basic where I leave everything to Helen, but I've got more assets since then and with a bit more thought I'd probably want to divide things up now.
Satsuma wrote:
I wouldn’t use a Will writer or an online service. I’ve heard some horror stories from clients over the years. Solicitors tend to be a bit more expensive but you know you’re getting a quality service that’s protected in case anything goes wrong.

I normally charge £250 for married folk who are just having mirror wills and where the value of the estate is under £325K. But I’ll undercut any scumbag to get some work! If anyone needs something local, DM me and I’ll do for a discounted BeeX mates rates. Say, £200 for mirror wills. Anyone on benefits can have a dirt cheap Will for “however much you can spare” cause I think everyone needs a Will.

NB: it will require me coming around your gaff and you making me a tea.

I :luv: this offer.

How much for non-mirror if we sort it all out and send it to you before you come?

Food and beverages can be provided as well as plentiful dog fusses. :)
You don't have a dog, right? So will you fuss Sat like you would a dog...? I need clarification here.
Cras wrote:
You don't have a dog, right? So will you fuss Sat like you would a dog...? I need clarification here.

I think the expectation is that Sat would bring his dog, or is more than welcome to bring his dog, but if he doesn't, he gets the dog fusses.
Steve and I had wills drawn up with a solicitor when I got pregnant, so it covers stuff and custody in the event of both of us dying. It was something like 400 euros so quite a bit more expensive.
Solicitors don't get enough love. When you see a solicitor in the street always give their bum bum a fussing.
Sir, you're under arrest for soliciting.
I've never given it a huge amount of thought - it's something we have thought that we probably should get done at some point but never really get round to it.

What actually happens if I / we die without a will? I don't actually know.
Solicitors get the lot
Sir Taxalot wrote:
I've never given it a huge amount of thought - it's something we have thought that we probably should get done at some point but never really get round to it.

What actually happens if I / we die without a will? I don't actually know.

Your estate gets divided in accordance with a set of rules (called intestacy rules). These rules will rarely reflect the wishes of the dead person.

My horror story I had a few years back: a chap was knocked off a bike and killed. He was living with his partner for 25 years but never married. They both had Wills drafted by a Will drafting company who weren’t solicitors. In those Will they apparently left everything to each other. The company kept the original Wills, they didn’t even have a copy or any paperwork from them. The company dissolved years ago and no one can trace them or what happened to the original Wills. His estate is treated as if he never had a Will. The house is in his name. His estate passed to his next surviving relative. The partner gets kicked out the house and can’t do sod all about it.
Would that have all been sorted if he kept the will himself? I'm planning on keeping mine.
Sure, assuming it was all in order and executed properly.
What if he were married?
Wife gets the house.
Wife gets everything, right?
Yes*

*subject to the estate being worth no more than 1/4 mill and there being no kids. Then the kids get some of the cash over £250K etc.
I've left all by debts wealth to the beex server fund
TheVision wrote:
Would that have all been sorted if he kept the will himself? I'm planning on keeping mine.

Don't forget to include the bit stating that all your Rise of the Robots games are to be buried with you.
devilman wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Don't forget to include the bit stating that all your Rise of the Robots games are to be buried with you.

I was actually planning on donating them to Malia with a strict instruction that they must be put on display at all times.
this has made me realise I have been quite boring in my will and should have thought more about fun, damn
I had no idea this was a thing, but it seems like a good thing.

https://www.willaid.org.uk/will-makers/find-a-solicitor
TheVision wrote:
devilman wrote:
TheVision wrote:

I was actually planning on donating them to Malia with a strict instruction that they must be put on display at all times.

Wise to assume I will outlast you, chief.
I should really sort a will out.
Ditto. At least a list of where things are and who to contact. That's mostly in my head.
Page 1 of 1 [ 35 posts ]