Sims 4
Bow before me, other PC games*
FUCK THE HATERZ

SIMS 4 IS GLORIOUS

*Except Half Life 2, Minecraft and anything made by Blizzard
The reviews haven't piqued my interest in particular, and also, EA.

And isn't by Maxis, who recently shit the new Sim City game onto an unsuspecting world?

I think the last Sims game I played in earnest was Sims 2 and felt it was getting a bit stale then.

Plus, 60 euros!

Attachment:
pricelol.JPG
Still no sale. I have enough boring and mundane shit going on in my real life to want to pay money to semi-control a shitty simulation of pretend boring and mundane lives.

Plus aren't they all like, politically correct and stuff? Pixelated nudies and suchlike.

If you could get the motherfuckers addicted to crack and ungodly orgies of extreme decadence, I might be interested.

Or if you could watch them play Hearthstone, that would be good too. But then it'd just make me want to play Hearthstone.
Have you seen the advert for The Sims? 8)
That’s the one. I only tuned into it when the young woman was saying that they learned so much a grew so much as a person, and then the testamonials after that one, I thought it was an advert for something like a mental health charity. I see now that if I’d seen the bit where someone cloned themselves and slept with their sister’s brother I’d have been even more confused.
Mimi wrote:
I see now that if I’d seen the bit where someone cloned themselves and slept with their sister’s brother I’d have been even more confused.

Husband, not brother. :) But yes, that bit rather stood out in the video.
devilman wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I see now that if I’d seen the bit where someone cloned themselves and slept with their sister’s brother I’d have been even more confused.

Husband, not brother. :) But yes, that bit rather stood out in the video.

Haha, yes. Sister’s brother would’ve been even weirder :DD
It's OK thought right, as it's not real.

Right?
Well, yes.

The advert as a whole is weird, though. The people talk about it in such a life-affirming way, but as if it were real life. Like... it cures the ills of Euro-centric beauty standards, and racism, and loneliness, etc, as if believing these things are played out in-game are the same thing as them being cured in your outlook of the real world.

Maybe I just saw it in a very negative light, but it made me very uncomfortable (not even for the wanting your brother-in-law’s baby thing, which was 8) enough).
Mimi wrote:
Maybe I just saw it in a very negative light, but it made me very uncomfortable

It was a bit weird. It's basically "real life and real people can be a bit crap, so escape into the Sims", which could be said about a lot of other games.
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]