Bit warm out
How are we all coping?
Working from home day for me, as the trains in and out of london are already starting to be delayed.
Weirdly i'm still sleeping totally fine, still got the duvet, windows closed, out like a light.

The worst thing for me is that I was going to go out for a drive yesterday afternoon, but it was too hot to have the roof up or the roof down...
It's fucken orrible. Hate hate hate this time of year. I am a man not built for heat.
I've realised need to get some linen shirts and trousers for work. My usual work garb really isn't suitable for these conditions. On the plus side, I'm based in the sole air-conditioned office in the building, and not many other people from other departments have realised this room exists.
Curio, Riles and I are going to be in direct sunlight for six hours today. It’s been nice knowing you
Trafagalar Square has enough Yodas already.
The office air con is annoying. If I dress for the commute I need a pair of budgie smugglers and nothing else, if I dress for the office I need jeans and jumper, if I dress for the meeting rooms I need arctic jacket and snowboots.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Curio, Riles and I are going to be in direct sunlight for six hours today. It’s been nice knowing you

You off to the cricket?
Trooper wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

You off to the cricket?

Yep! It should be over by lunch, tbf.
Talced testes.
Trooper wrote:
Working from home day for me, as the trains in and out of london are already starting to be delayed.
Weirdly i'm still sleeping totally fine, still got the duvet, windows closed, out like a light.

You are typing in your sleep? Impressive

:P
Dimrill wrote:
It's fucken orrible. Hate hate hate this time of year. I am a man not built for heat.

:this: I've got very little work done this week.
Trooper wrote:
The office air con is annoying. If I dress for the commute I need a pair of budgie smugglers and nothing else, if I dress for the office I need jeans and jumper, if I dress for the meeting rooms I need arctic jacket and snowboots.

Do the commute in your pants and keep a snowsuit in your desk drawer at work. It is the sensible solution.
Russell has had to take the day off. We’ve all woken up with bad colds and throat infections and Russell has been vomiting with a tummy bug. Today is not good.
Desk drawer? What is this, the 1950's?
I work in a startup, standard office furniture is so old school, you're lucky to get a desk to go with your beanbag, footrest and raised monitor stand. It's fun and wacky!
In fact, i'm going to tell them I don't need my hotdesk space anymore and just to give me a yoga mat to lie on and a VR headset.
Days like today make me incredibly glad my house has some aircon.
I'm working from home and I have a fan; it's fine. Although I haven't checked to see what the temperature differential is between Glasgow and the rest of the country.
Oh, you poor fucks are getting an extra ten degrees on me. Try not to die and stuff won't you?
I just go to work and carry on.
Oxfordshire could really do with a coastline right now.
MaliA wrote:
I just go to work and carry on.

Except when you call in sick with the sniffles!
Grim... wrote:

You know how nans always tell you that you won’t feel the benefit of your coat if you don’t take it off between bouts of cold? Is it the same with your situation? I mean, do you not feel the cooking benefit of shirts because you only wear long trousers between January 15th and February 5th?
My Ma bought me a little cooling fan box thing from JML called "Arctic Air". You'll never guess what?! It's incredibly disappointing! Very Very Slightly Cooler Air Than You Already Have more like. I have a pint of margarita though, and soon it is time for hibernation.
I checked a weather app - high of 38! Holy shit you guys are gonna struggle.
Mimi wrote:
Grim... wrote:

You know how nans always tell you that you won’t feel the benefit of your coat if you don’t take it off between bouts of cold? Is it the same with your situation? I mean, do you not feel the cooking benefit of shirts because you only wear long trousers between January 15th and February 5th?

Now that I work for a 100% trendy hipster office I'm giving serious thought to not switching back to jeans any more.
My pooch was really suffering the other day when we have the thunder and lightening. The air was oppressive in the Midlands and he couldn't settle and was just lying there panting, poor little baby. I had all the windows open but there was zero breeze coming in. In the end I had to get him in the car at 2am and just sit in the driveway with the car running and the air-con on full blast. We sat there for about 45 minutes and decided to try and sleep again when the thunder came and scared the living piss out of him so he went back to panting with an added dose of shaking.

I wasn't going to put him through that again so I went to Argos yesterday and bought an air-con unit. A proper refrigeration type but portable, mind, with the big pipe that sticks out the window; it wasn't cheap either and was supposed to be pretty quiet. I thought that'll help him out and I got it all set up so he could sit on the bed and have a nice blast of cool, cool air.

Turns out he's scared of the noise of the air-con unit... fucks sake.
I also am working from home today.

No aircon - boo!
No trousers - yay!
I can’t believe Curio and Riles met Eric Powell!
You're sitting in the shade! Just another example of fake news britain.
It was great news to us as we found our seats
Cras wrote:
I also am working from home today.

No aircon - boo!
No trousers - yay!

I read that first as "wanking from home" (I may have unintentionally been right). Joining you in the no trousers dept, though. 33 here at lunchtime.
I'm in a modern air-conditioned office.
Who is cricket cunt #4?
Zardoz wrote:
I'm in a modern air-conditioned office.

Also without trousers (as per usual)?
Grim... wrote:
Who is cricket cunt #4?

Curio’s older brother.
Poor Trousers is getting a lot of flack today.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Who is cricket cunt #4?

Curio’s younger brother.

FEEX
Our knees are now really hot
Your cup'o'piss is getting warm.

... and don't big yourself up, your knees aren't that attractive.
It's warm in the van when I'm not on the move. I'm lunching at Birch Services on the M62 and the van thinks it's 36 degrees, and it may well be right.

Co Ops (where I work a lot) tend to have good air con, as do M&S food halls, so I'm OK when on site a lot of the time, and in the van as well.

I slept right through Tuesday night's thunder storm. Our living room faces east, so it's in sunlight in the morning and shaded in the afternoon, but the front room gets unbearable, so my son has a big fan in there and the curtains closed to stop him evaporating.

The pup is quite lethargic and we've not been taking him for walks in the full sun and he likes to lick ice cubes and begs for one when anyone goes near the fridge, regardless of how hot it is.
Well, we’re totally in the sun now.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Our knees are now really hot

They look like boiled shrimps (knee-shaped ones). And I thought I was pale.
Van says 39 degrees now.
33º in Leyland!
Only 38 here, FFS can't even get a high score on the weather now.
Still above Zardoz, mind, just like the old days
Giphy "i'm melting":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3oEhn49W1EvvFJKotq/giphy-loop.mp4

I wanted the wicked witch of the west, not a trio with stomach bugs.
MrC wrote:
Still above Zardoz, mind, just like the old days

Hhhhnnnnnnggggggghhhhnnnnn!!!
I'm in a field in Cumbria. Three trips between the car and the campsite dragging enough to keep a family of four for four days of a festival. My bezzie companions from last year had better things to do so there's no village this time. The beer is cold though and there's a little bit of cloud cover.
Well... I feel justified in my choice...

"Damage has occured to the overhead wires between London Euston and Watford Junction. Trains between these stations may be delayed by up 60 minutes or cancelled until at least 19:00."

Can you imagine being stuck on a train mid journey in this weather, especially as it will be rammed as they were already running a reduced service.
Page 1 of 2 [ 59 posts ]