You want more??!
Sequels plz
Inspired by/ripping off this Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/cbw727/what_video_game_should_get_a_sequel_but_likely/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Is there a sequel to a game that you'd love to see, but suspect you never will?

My picks would be Speedball 2 or Split Second.
Viva Piñata. I know there’s a sequel, but I’d LOVE a new one on a console I had.
Mimi wrote:
Viva Piñata.

I'll be waiting.
Trooper wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Viva Piñata.

I'll be waiting.

Everlasting, like the sun.*

*Though they should really get around to watching Sunshine.
I came here to say Split/Second but you beat me to it.
If it was movies, a sequel to the a team remake with Neeson and cooper
Sir Taxalot wrote:
A new Ouendan

Ooh yeah. Would be great on t'phone.
DavPaz wrote:
Half life 2

Didn't that get two sequels?

And as if you chose snoozefest HL2 over L4D2 or Portal 2!

Anyway, I'm going to choose Alien: Isolation.
I'd also pick a sequel to Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.

I absolutely loved that game!
Grim... wrote:

I strongly suspect this will get a sequel at some point. And hasn’t it/isn’t it getting some kind of a mobile sequel too? I’m sure I read that somewhere.
TheVision wrote:
I'd also pick a sequel to Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.

I absolutely loved that game!

Yes. This game was fucking awesome
Satsuma wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I strongly suspect this will get a sequel at some point. And hasn’t it/isn’t it getting some kind of a mobile sequel too? I’m sure I read that somewhere.

Sales were pretty poor, so I'm not convinced.

We don't talk about the mobile game.
Undertale. I don’t think it’ll happen though, sadly. If it does it won’t be for years.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Undertale. I don’t think it’ll happen though, sadly. If it does it won’t be for years.

Is Deltarune not a sequel?
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

Is Deltarune not a sequel?

It’s effectively a demo for an Undertale sequel. And it took him as long to develop that as it did to make the entirety of Undertale.

So I’m not holding out a lot of hope.
Night in the Woods.
Back to Skool.
Side Meirieiriesirirsrrisss Pirates!
Banished
Liberation
Thimbleweed Park
Monkey Island (pretending that everything after Curse... doesn't exist)
Sam & Max Hit the Road (same as above)
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Stardew Valley
Ooh! Sexy Brutale.
Dimrill wrote:
Night in the Woods.
Back to Skool.
Side Meirieiriesirirsrrisss Pirates!
Banished
Liberation
Thimbleweed Park
Monkey Island (pretending that everything after Curse... doesn't exist)
Sam & Max Hit the Road (same as above)
Stardew Valley

Ah yes, a new Day of t'Tentacle would be smashing.
Annnnnnd!

Syndicate/Wars
Legend/Worlds of Legend
Legends of Valo(u)r (yes yes Elder Scrolls took it wholesale, but still)
Battleblock TheatRE
Orwell!
Shadow Complex
Waking Mars
Papers Please
Obra Dinn Obra Dah Life Goes ON Whoaaaaa La La La La Life Goes On
Fez
Frankie goes to Hollywood
Split Personalities (there was a game boy version called Splitz, but that was more of a port with changed characters)
Psycho Fox
Carrier Command (I know there's Battle Command and the Gaea remake thing, but something a bit more true to the original would be nice)
Trashman
Skitchin
Manhunt needs a sequel.

The Last Ninja 1-3 needs a modern sequel in the style of the original Ninja Gaiden.

I’d also like to see a remaster of The Last Guardian on the PS5. Its doubtful now given that Ueda is doing his own thing.

But top of my wish list would be Killer7. Such a shame that Suda has expressed no interest in returning to such a cool conceptual stew that the first game was. Cool as fuck that game was. Probably the coolest game ever made.
Dimrill wrote:

Yeah, come on Sega, just do a Super Mario Odyssey clone you bellends.
And will we ever get a sequel to Fifa 19?!
Does GTA V single-player DLC count?
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

Aye s'out on Steams too, but it's shit by all accounts. I'll stick with Klass of 99.
I missed one from my list - Minder. Considering Don Priestley did a load of colourful stuff like Trap Door, Flunky and Popeye, Minder was still his best game, buying and selling dodgy stuff and getting punched in the fact my people you'd ripped off :)
Dimrill wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

Aye s'out on Steams too, but it's shit by all accounts. I'll stick with Klass of 99.

That's a shame. I fancied a mildly updated version of that.
From what it sounds like, people want to pretend bad sequels don’t exist
Mr Chonks wrote:
From what it sounds like, people want to pretend bad sequels don’t exist

That's why we still call you Myp.
Dead Island Riptide. So basically I want DI2.

I loved Dead Island and Riptide. Put many hours into those. I liked how they were slower paced, yet had some really hilarious weapons. I liked Dying Light, but for some one with high anxiety like myself I did find it a little frantic. Waited patiently for Dead Island 2, then Sumo got it, then nothing :(

Would also love to see a modern Shinobi game too.
Mimi wrote:
Pikmin

Shame it never got a sequel
Mr Chonks wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Pikmin

Shame it never got a sequel

Played the sequel, would like a new one. Like Viva Piñata.
Shame the sequel never got a sequel. ;)
Mimi wrote:
Viva Piñata. I know there’s a sequel, but I’d LOVE a new one on a console I had.

Basically this, but for Pikmin, and on Switch. I left out the pedant’s clause because I’d hoped that nobody would feel the need, but where there’s the tiniest chance, there’s a Mop.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Shame the sequel never got a sequel. ;)

Ok.
Pikmin was a lovely game, but I was dreadful at it.

A non F2P raddled sequel to Plants Vs Zombies would be great.

And Total Annihilation, with fancy graphics, would be good. I enjoyed the simplicity of that, and the ability to scarper with your commander and set up somewhere else, when your back was against the wall.
Mimi wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Basically this, but for Pikmin, and on Switch. I left out the pedant’s clause because I’d hoped that nobody would feel the need, but where there’s the tiniest chance, there’s a Mop.

Now I’ve seen your edit that makes sense. They could just remake Pikmin 3 for the Switch.
I'd like a settlers 3 redux
Findus Fop wrote:

I mean, there were four of them created and there's another one being worked on so it feels like you're well covered there.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Now I’ve seen your edit that makes sense. They could just remake Pikmin 3 for the Switch.

I didn’t edit anything.
Bamba wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

I mean, there were four of them created and there's another one being worked on so it feels like you're well covered there.

Wasn’t there one semi-announced four or five years ago that we haven’t heard of since?

I’d just like a new one to play on be Switch. Sorry, didn’t realise this was going to be so complex and picked apart to this degree.
Bamba wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I’d just like a new one to play on be Switch. Sorry, didn’t realise this was going to be so complex and picked apart to this degree.

I didn't pick apart anything! I wasn't even replying to you, I was talking to Findus Fop! Fuck sake.

AND I WAS REMARKING UPON MY FEELINGS ABOUT PIKMIN (IN AN ALBEIT UNINTERESTING WAY), I WASN'T REQUESTING A NEW ONE.

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING? GRANDAD?
Bamba wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I didn't pick apart anything! I wasn't even replying to you, I was talking to Findus Fop! Fuck sake.

Your reply makes no sense if it was to Findus Fop, though. He said he loved it but was rubbish at it. You told him how many there were so he was ‘well covered’, which made far more sense as being a reply to someone who said they’d like more. If you meant something else (?) then apologies.
Mimi wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Your reply makes no sense if it was to Findus Fop, though. He said he loved it but was rubbish at it. You told him how many there were so he was ‘well covered’, which made far more sense as being a reply to someone who said they’d like more. If you meant something else (?) then apologies.

I couldn't see your posts, only his, so it seemed like he was lamenting the lack of sequels by just mentioning how much he liked the original. When I did see your response to me it came across as a load of passive aggression ("Sorry, didn’t realise this was going to be so complex and picked apart to this degree") that I hadn't earned when all I'd done was casually mention to someone else entirely that Pikmin sequels exist. Hence my annoyance. You couldn't know that I had only seen his Pikmin post though of course so I understand where your confusion has come from. Though I still feel you were basically taking myp's bullshit pedantry out on me just because I was the last person to mention Pikmin.
I mean, the main fact here is that Pikmin has a fucking sequel.
Page 1 of 2 [ 64 posts ]